Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D Buyers/Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to know. Which one (or two) she (your relative) likes the most?

Well let me first throw in the disclaimer. I think I mentioned this somewhere else already, but will give more detail here. It's my wife and her job for the last 25+ years is that she communicates every day with insurance companies and practically all insurance companies in any given month. She's often handling 5-8 cases at a time. BUT it is ONLY from the viewpoint that she is trying to get insurance claims paid for clients whom have already been in an accident and they have either car damage, home damage, personal injuries, or both (damage and injuries.) It has nothing to do with comparing pricing or customer service. Over her career she's handled thousands of claims. In fact she is retiring next week from this stuff.

My apologies to anyone whom has an insurance carrier on her "black list". It is just her opinion. She's sitting right here with me watching TV. Comments are.... every insurance agent is usually really nice, sweet, smart, and answers your questions, yet when you have an accident, your agent is going to answer your call quickly and say how sorry they are and will help you, but their job ends right there. They are usually an independent agent, even with a big insurance company. Then you are passed off to a "claims processor", the people my wife fights with on the phone every day.

Your claims processor is going to try to get you to settle as quickly as possible especially if you have been hurt, and get you to sign a document and pay you quickly. That's the wrong thing to do because if injuries are involved, you may not know the full extent of them right away. And while they may pay most of your medical bills, they aren't going to offer you much of anything for your issues or suffering. You might have to contact a personal injury attorney to get a fair settlement on your car and injuries (no, my wife is not an attorney).

Example, I was rear-ended in a hit and run accident a couple years ago. The insurance company wanted to pay $3100 for rear-end damage (minor), and $1,800 for misc minor medical issues, thus $4,900. That's it. As a client of the insurance company, they won't offer or negotiate with me. It is firm. They the wife gets into action as she knows the industry. But the time she gets through with them, the $4,900 became $12,500 ! If the company had been one her black list, she may have gotten on $6,000 (still more, but far lower than a company on her good list.)

Wife she says her best case last year is where an insurance company wanted their customer to settle for $42,500 in an accident. The injured person was happy and about ready to settle, but my wife took over and settled the claim 3 months later for $280,000. No that is not a misprint. The insurance company went from $42,500 to $280,000 !!!!!

I've heard some of her stories about particular insurance companies and the thing they try to do to cheat you, actually mentioned in the fine print of your contract, but hard to interpret. It would make your hair stand on end.

Ok, so to answer your question. The insurance companies that she likes the best because they are more fair and easier to pay your claims are AAA, Allstate, Amica, and State Farm.

Her absolute worst companies are Progressive (the Flo girl on TV), Geico, Mercury, and E-surance. Now you know why they are often the cheapest. You won't be able to get them to pay a fair settlement when you need them. They will try to low ball you. You WILL need an attorney in many cases. Other ones on her black list are State Farm, Liberty Mutual (Liberty), Farmers, and USAA. I've heard her scream at these people on occasions.

All others like Nationwide, American National (AMPAC) are in the middle. Not good, not bad.

Again, just one woman's opinion.... however, a person whom has made a career out of forcing insurance companies to pay up what is due to their clients.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Ok, so to answer your question. The insurance companies that she likes the best because they are more fair and easier to pay your claims are AAA, Allstate, Amica, and State Farm.

Her absolute worst companies are Progressive (the Flo girl on TV), Geico, Mercury, and E-surance. Now you know why they are often the cheapest. You won't be able to get them to pay a fair settlement when you need them. They will try to low ball you. You WILL need an attorney in many cases. Other ones on her black list are State Farm, Liberty Mutual (Liberty), Farmers, and USAA. I've heard her scream at these people on occasions.

All others like Nationwide, American National (AMPAC) are in the middle. Not good, not bad.

Would you mind inquiring where Country Mutual, Financial / Insurance ranges on that list?

Would you mind inquiring where Country Mutual, Financial / Insurance ranges on that list?

Just to say again, it is just one woman's opinion. She puts those companies in the middle. And made another comment about ratings you might find on the internet. Ratings for some of the preferred companies could be average, and ratings for poor companies might also show up as average because ratings are almost always done by customers of the insurance companies and they tend to blend in ALL of their experiences from customer service, premium cost, and claims.

Wife's ratings are based on years of squeezing money out of insurance companies who don't want to pay fair settlements. The better companies are easier to get them to increase their payouts by convincing them of things they don't want to consider. Harder nosed companies simply don't want to listen and will not bend as much.

Sorry to digress off the subject of the original poster. Maybe we can get back to that now :)

and

Other ones on her black list are State Farm, Liberty Mutual (Liberty), Farmers, and USAA. I've heard her scream at these people on occasions.

Bolding mine.
So which is it for the State farm?

Not sure how to comment here. I have hands on experience with both USAA & State Farm during the loss of our son due to an auto accident (1996). We chose not to pursue legal action against the driver of the car. Therefore, both insurance companies should have paid out right away, but they did not. Mine (USAA) would not until the other one did. Plus both demanded we (me) write a biography and history of our son supporting why we should receive what was paid for in the insurance policies. Very humiliating in my opinion. Plus I had to ask a church friend/agent to get involved with his company State Farm to get them off the dime.

It took almost a year of foot dragging before the payout. USAA did not pay the full amount they said because the car was a rental we should go after the rental care company for the remaining amount. Since my wife and I were not after money we blew off that option. All I cared about was that we and our daughter survived the loss. We did and I was just damned glad it was over.

More recently the policy for the MX is roughly $530 for a six month period.

I have no respect for any insurance corporation ~ so no recommendations here:)

AAA back in California (1974) threatened me when I chose to leave them for a cheaper policy. That bad taste never left me.

@DragonWatch I hurt for you and your family, and admire your character during the most tragic of circumstances. And I continue to distrust the insurance industry for its despicable practices. There is rarely a tIme they do not prey on the weakest moments of our lives.

So, is everyone loving their 100's or what? Too much range, said no one ever! :cool:

Reactions: Cowby
So, is everyone loving their 100's or what? Too much range, said no one ever! :cool:
What are you talking about? I average ~400kWh/mile so far, I need double battery size just to be comfortable ;)

The car is very nice to drive though, even my not-into-cars relatives comment how nice and stable and smooth the ride is. And the views through the windshield... ;)

NikeWings, what's not to like? Dealing with two locations, one w/NEMA 14-50 and other w/standard 110 v and this week lots of running around. Bottom line we need another 50 amp breaker and I believe a whole panel surge protection. Just trying to let the dust settle while my bucket with a hole in it heals.

We are long time bulls on Tesla, and stretched to put our money where our mouth is and the 100D was what got us off the dime of dreaming to the reality of ownership.

Adding to our reality meant selling off our pickup truck and Prius. This means two old folks having to talk to each other more to coordinate usage of the car, and thinking through more clearly what our usage for the car will be for the day. That means giving up that independence we each had from the beginning forty-three years ago when we united and came with our own cars. Now we synchronize our calendars and love the Tesla app.

We have yet to link the car to our two WiFi systems, that should be done soon. The 14-50 location is housed in a detached garage and we doubt that it will connect. However, there is an additional short drive way that is butted up to the basement were the router is located. At the second location the garage is connected. We discovered the first night there that the key fob needed to be stored more than ten feet away, otherwise our MX 100D figured we were in and about ready to use the car. As I was heading off to bed I noticed the headlights on, and figured it out. Not an issue since moving the fobs farther away.

The car is built like the perverbial brick house. It is built solidly without question.

The range is more than satisfactory, our issue of charging will be rectified in relatively short time considering I plan on living at least another thirty years:)

Reactions: NikeWings
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Barbaroussa wanted to see some internal pics so I told him I would try putting them here. So, if you are not interested then look away:) Also, I reduced the size and hope they are not too grainy ~ if they are let me know and I'll try at least one more time and delete these. Oh, I am not a professional photographer.

Notes:
1. This is a five seater.
2. Standard sound ~ which we are content with ~ my wife has lost more hearing than me over the years ~ me, I slept next to 155 mm cannons firing all night and still hear like a cat.
3. Owned just a week-n-half ~ folded down seats and got two porch size rocking chairs inside with room to spare.
4. 100D ~ still kicks ass:) Take that climate deniers.
5. Smaller than a minivan ~ neighbors across the street still do not know we have a new car ~ one of our last cars was a blue Prius. Bottom line ~ MX is slightly larger, so if you are not one to notice the details then you will miss it. No, not even one rocking chair would have fit in the Prius.
6. Bought Towing Package ~ 5K tows ~ Tacoma could only handle 900 lbs in bed:-(
7. Love the wood trim ~ not that standard high gloss garbage ~ from wood sculpture perspective.

FYI ~ 100% charge displayed 302 miles.

Wife on Sunday took MX south to Portland for yoga class (instructor training). On way back stopped at SuperCharger for an added 50 miles worth of a charge. We have always been ones to get gas before it was too late. This is not like the really old VWs that had a foot leaver you could rotate and have enough gas to get you to the nearest gas station:)

Reactions: TechVP
View attachment 222240 View attachment 222242 View attachment 222243 View attachment 222241 View attachment 222238

View attachment 222239
Barbaroussa wanted to see some internal pics so I told him I would try putting them here. So, if you are not interested then look away:) Also, I reduced the size and hope they are not too grainy ~ if they are let me know and I'll try at least one more time and delete these. Oh, I am not a professional photographer.

Notes:
1. This is a five seater.
2. Standard sound ~ which we are content with ~ my wife has lost more hearing than me over the years ~ me, I slept next to 155 mm cannons firing all night and still hear like a cat.
3. Owned just a week-n-half ~ folded down seats and got two porch size rocking chairs inside with room to spare.
4. 100D ~ still kicks ass:) Take that climate deniers.
5. Smaller than a minivan ~ neighbors across the street still do not know we have a new car ~ one of our last cars was a blue Prius. Bottom line ~ MX is slightly larger, so if you are not one to notice the details then you will miss it. No, not even one rocking chair would have fit in the Prius.
6. Bought Towing Package ~ 5K tows ~ Tacoma could only handle 900 lbs in bed:-(
7. Love the wood trim ~ not that standard high gloss garbage ~ from wood sculpture perspective.

The wood trim is gorgeous! Love the natural look. Personally, I think it looks much nicer than the carbon fiber upgrade.

In case your interested. Also someone else may have covered this as well.

Today we drove about forty miles and used sixty miles worth of energy. First, I live in the northwest ~ U know, if it is not raining, UR not in the northwest. This year I think we have had seven out of ninety days nice sunny weather. Bottom line ~ weather is an issue.

Since we sold two relatively new cars we have lumped into our one car 100D MX a truck and run about. I carried today six 30lbs bricks and laid them on top of a tarp across the floor between front & back seats ~ no stacking so that the weight was distributed. What about the truck, you say. Well I had my newly purchased wall charger (I call it my super charger) back there. We even stuffed the Frunk.

Until now we have been trickle charging here and while doable, it is not much for range angzity. FYI ~ until now has only been three weeks.

Hey, one thing about the wall charger is that it has a surge suppressor built into it. Since power outages are experienced annually, or at least every two or three years up here in the northwest this a super deal to put your mind at ease. We are buying more and more expensive electronics and may feel the need to protect our valuable investments.

Loven this car more everyday ;)

Joined the tribe. Just picked up my new MX 100D. Going to post pics soon.

Couple surprises- the backs of the front and 2nd row seats have a matte leather finish. Love them. I didn't think I was going to get them. I wasn't that big of a fan of the glossy black look beforehand.

Also the 100% charge showed 340 miles. I am charging it now up to 80% and it's saying 328 miles now.

There was no free swag :( I was expecting a shirt or cup or mug but no dice. Tesla ended their free swag few weeks ago when I asked.

Reactions: TechVP and ckwong
Joined the tribe. Just picked up my new MX 100D. Going to post pics soon.

Couple surprises- the backs of the front and 2nd row seats have a matte leather finish. Love them. I didn't think I was going to get them. I wasn't that big of a fan of the glossy black look beforehand.

Also the 100% charge showed 340 miles. I am charging it now up to 80% and it's saying 328 miles now.

There was no free swag :( I was expecting a shirt or cup or mug but no dice. Tesla ended their free swag few weeks ago when I asked.

Congrats on picking up your new MX. Are you on rated or ideal range setting? I think you're on ideal range setting which gives a higher range.

Most MX 100D's are getting between 300-304 miles at 100% rated range and 271-273 at 90% SOC.