Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D Buyers/Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
nice that 100D is making it to inventory. but some of the features are stuff i wouldn't get- like high amperare charge, premium package. also what is the savings on this car?

Based on your note, and happy mine entered production today, I went to the Tesla website to look at available inventory. Found two 100Ds substantially less and selected one to check it out ~ the car pulled up was a 75D ~ in both cases:-( In the back of my mind I am focused on 1Q17 deliveries and believe a dollar saved is a dollar earned:)

One of the FOB's had a bad battery and stopped working the next day, but the service center was very helpful in getting it replaced ASAP. Car is amazing, with adaptive cruise kicking it around 150 miles of driving. Auto steer works great at 55 miles, but could not test it too long for fear of getting run over by pickup trucks in Texas!
If I calculated the timeline in your signature correctly, you got the car in two days short of six weeks from order to delivery. Is there any voodoo or magic trick you can share with us?

Got my X 100D today!

Software version: 17.9.3
Milage when delivered: 5 miles
Freebies: umbrella and mug
Sticker range: 295 miles, 87 MPGe, 39 kW-hrs per 100 miles
No crash ratings at all
50% US/Canadian parts content

Condition: looked good to me, but I'm not picky. Nothing I could find that they might dispute whether it was before or after delivery. The side of the driver's side mirror nearest the driver had some bird poop. I guess neither of us caught that until I had to use the mirror. I also adjusted the rear hatch rubber strip at the top where it had bunched up under the ceiling liner instead of covering it. Door handles looked well aligned. No front license plate holder installed (we don't use them in AZ).

Unusual happening: They called before I was done playing on the way home. The copier or whatever machine they were using had shredded my registration authorization paper. I had to return to the Service Center (only 30 minutes away) to resign the paper. The upside was I had Autopilot for most of the way home.

TACC was fine. It definitely had different following distances form 1-7. It was initially at 1, which was a bit uncomfortable. I only had Autosteer for a short time exiting the freeway, but it worked at least. I have 61 miles now. Autopilot probably showed up a little before 50 miles.
2017-03-22 14.46.35 (2).jpg
2017-03-22 14.49.27 (2).jpg

Got my X 100D today!

No crash ratings at all

Condition: looked good to me, but I'm not picky. Nothing I could find that they might dispute whether it was before or after delivery. The side of the driver's side mirror nearest the driver had some bird poop. I guess neither of us caught that until I had to use the mirror. I also adjusted the rear hatch rubber strip at the top where it had bunched up under the ceiling liner instead of covering it. Door handles looked well aligned. No front license plate holder installed (we don't use them in AZ).

Unusual happening: They called before I was done playing on the way home. The copier or whatever machine they were using had shredded my registration authorization paper. I had to return to the Service Center (only 30 minutes away) to resign the paper. The upside was I had Autopilot for most of the way home.

TACC was fine. It definitely had different following distances form 1-7. It was initially at 1, which was a bit uncomfortable. I only had Autosteer for a short time exiting the freeway, but it worked at least. I have 61 miles now. Autopilot probably showed up a little before 50 miles.View attachment 219391 View attachment 219392

Congrats! I have basically the same configuration coming. Scheduled for the 29th for delivery, but hopefully it comes sooner! I got the link to pay for it today and that is complete. Tic tok

Got my X 100D today!

No crash ratings at all

TACC was fine. It definitely had different following distances form 1-7. It was initially at 1, which was a bit uncomfortable. I only had Autosteer for a short time exiting the freeway, but it worked at least. I have 61 miles now. Autopilot probably showed up a little before 50 miles.View attachment 219391 View attachment 219392
Congrats! Beautiful X! We are awaiting our 100D beginning of May!

What was your rated range @100% when you picked it up(assuming they fully charged it)?

Congrats! Beautiful X! We are awaiting our 100D beginning of May!

What was your rated range @100% when you picked it up(assuming they fully charged it)?

It was not fully charged, and was charging as it was delivered. So no clue yet. I'm charging to 90% tonight, but it will probably be sitting a significant number of hours before I get up and check it in the morning.

Got my X 100D today!

<snip>... shredded my registration authorization paper...

Sorry for the AZ specific post here. When I purchased my S85 way back in 2013, I had to take the car and the paperwork to the Scottsdale DMV office myself. There, they inspected the car (to make sure it was electric perhaps), handed me my "cloud" plate, and I paid the registration, as well as the state and county Use Tax on the spot. The city of Phoenix sent me a bill later for their share of the tax.

Has the process changed, and if so, could I impose on you for a summary?

Last edited:
Sorry for the AZ specific post here. When I purchased my S85 way back in 2013, I had to take the car and the paperwork to the Scottsdale DMV office myself. There, they inspected the car (to make sure it was electric perhaps), handed me my "cloud" plate, and I paid the registration, as well as the state and county Use Tax on the spot. The city of Phoenix sent me a bill later for their share of the tax.

Has the process changed, and if so, could I impose on you for a summary?

Yes, it was pretty much just like any car dealer purchase. I signed a bunch of papers at the Service Center and drove off with a 90-day temporary license stuck to the rear window. The one similarity was that I will still get a bill for local sales taxes whenever Scottsdale gets around to sending me the bill. No DMV visit. The "cloud" plate comes in the mail in a few weeks.