Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D Buyers/Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to report back some great news on this. I got an email from an EPA. It stated the following:
Thank you for your question about the availability of 2017 Tesla Model X 100D vehicles at Tesla dealerships.
EPA issued a certificate of conformance for emission certification of 2017 Tesla Model X 100D vehicles on Friday (March 10, 2017). For EPA fuel economy (window sticker) requirements, EPA decided not to perform confirmatory testing of a Model X 100D test vehicle at EPA's Ann Arbor testing laboratory---which will allow the Tesla factory engineers use the fuel economy values, energy consumption values, range values, etc on the FE Label (window sticker) which were derived from Tesla's manufacturer testing.
I contacted Tesla engineers last week (in response to another customer's email questions) and at that time, Tesla indicated that they intended to allow their dealers to deliver both 2017 Model S 100D and Model X 100D vehicles to customers on Monday 3/13/2017 (today).
In summary, the timing of the delivery of your vehicle is now in the hands of Tesla engineers (and is not being held up by EPA).
Best regards,
Dave Good, Engineer
U.S. EPA
Awesome to hear! How did you find the right contact person to reach out to? that's f-ing amazing.

I know. I'm guessing it really went into production last week in order for it to be completed already and maybe the website was delayed in posting actual production start. Or maybe it only takes two days to build an MX. :)
x 100D 5 seat
Ordered Feb 19
Confirm Feb 26
VIN (43xxx)
No production date,but....
Super pessimistic until 5 min ago!!!
Just talked to DS...stated " I'll see you in Los Angeles at noon March 31st for deliverary !!!!
Good luck to all

x 100D 5 seat
Ordered Feb 19
Confirm Feb 26
VIN (43xxx)
No production date,but....
Super pessimistic until 5 min ago!!!
Just talked to DS...stated " I'll see you in Los Angeles at noon March 31st for deliverary !!!!
Good luck to all

that's a crazy turn around. mine still says late April-May. And I changed my order in January :p