Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.22.46 - Perpendicular parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so where is the 'significant' FSD features that's 'definitely' supposed to be here in '3-6 months'? or any EAP feature for that matter? we are entering the 6th month in less than 2 weeks.

upload_2017-1-23_23-41-26-png.211864

Report from Reddit:

defiant103 1 pts 16m
Perpendicular parking:
- Circled around a local lot, and tried to park in the same spot a few times over..
- It doesn't always identify an available spot, but.
- Works pretty quickly to get the car where it needs to be, and seems to line up as equally as possible between the two cars (just not necessarily straight between the lines).

AP2:
- seems to hold center lane with less effort, not as much ragged left to right.
- speeding up/down seems much smoother than what I remember.
- didn't seem to go crazy if someone pulled into the lane (only twice, so don't hold me to that).
- didn't have a good chance to try on more winding roads, but might a little later.
- it's still not autonomous driving (duh).

So long as Tesla continues to monitor hands on the wheel, FSD could be turned on tomorrow. But wait. They've forgotten to build it. The rest of the regulatory approval disclaimer is pure B.S. Ask Cadillac. They'll have FSD on interstates this fall with hands in your lap so long as your eyes are glued to the road ahead.

GM supercruise was never impeded by any regulatory approval. This is another complete fabricated lie that i already debunked.

Pic shows a new power meter. Did they drop the average consumption graph? Are there changes in the energy monitor on the big screen?
The article says rollout starting at the end of the week. I just had a service appt six days ago, had not had an update since early April, and was notified in the car while on 3G (and no phone notification, maybe because of connectivity). Then again, I have HW-1 and this update might no be for my car anyway.

I see no changes on my vehicle!

Looks like I NEED to take my car in to have the tires looked at errrrr I mean the floor mat errrr whatever:
According to Electrec:
A Tesla spokesperson confirmed to Electrek that the update is not being pushed over-the-air yet, but it is being rolled into the new vehicles coming out of the Fremont factory or vehicles going into service.

My loaner got it over wifi. Tesla owned cars generally get it a day or two early.

Pic shows a new power meter. Did they drop the average consumption graph? Are there changes in the energy monitor on the big screen?
The article says rollout starting at the end of the week. I just had a service appt six days ago, had not had an update since early April, and was notified in the car while on 3G (and no phone notification, maybe because of connectivity). Then again, I have HW-1 and this update might no be for my car anyway.
The comments mentioned this and either it was stated or Fred said that this was just a generic photo. Not relevant to this release, unfortunately.

It looks like this is a slow rollout only at service center appointments, probably to test it before full speed distribution as usual.

Reactions: croman
I thought when the second number was even it was for AP1 cars - if someone got 17.22.46 on a AP2 car that would be a change in the prior pattern. Do we know what the ap2 version info for this new update that is mentioned on electrek with perpendicular parking, screen brightness adjustment, and smoother auto steer will be? Are they changing the naming scheme?

I thought when the second number was even it was for AP1 cars - if someone got 17.22.46 on a AP2 car that would be a change in the prior pattern. Do we know what the ap2 version info for this new update that is mentioned on electrek with perpendicular parking, screen brightness adjustment, and smoother auto steer will be? Are they changing the naming scheme?

The second digit is the week. This is week 22 of 2017.

If you look at all the recent firmware releases, some have following the even-AP 1, odd AP 2, and many have been on both versions. I can't tell if it's coincidence this year or if there are some releases that *are* AP dependent releases and others may be for all releases (all cars).