Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.22.46 - Perpendicular parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love to know if cameras are reading speed limit signs now

Doubt it. Not a big deal for me -- bigger deal is not having herky jerky turns. Even Elon acknowledged AP2 was deficient but he also keeps talking about parity when the featureset still isn't quite up to AP1. I do think AP2 has exceeded AP1 in a limited performance set of criteria (reading lane lines and ramming into garbage trucks for me).

• Funny
Reactions: gowthamn
Love to know if cameras are reading speed limit signs now
AP2 90D loaner. Got .46 at lunch time today. Much smoother on highways, was more enjoyable than before. Car came into my lane once and didn't jerk at all. Tried perpendicular parking once at gym, P for park didnt pop-up, didnt try again tho. No browser update that I can tell, doesn't reading signs, show buses/motorcycles etc. Forgot to check for auto wipers. Has auto brightness feature for screen. Mentions ARB again but doesn't say speed update, didn't test it out lol. Local autosteer 35 mph restriction lifted, tried it out. Hope you guys get it soon! Enjoy.

I heard about .50 somewhere else, don't know what the difference is though.

Last edited:
AP2 90D loaner. Got .46 at lunch time today. Much smoother on highways, was more enjoyable than before. Car came into my lane once and didn't jerk at all. Tried perpendicular parking once at gym, P for park didnt pop-up, didnt try again tho. No browser update that I can tell, doesn't reading signs, show buses/motorcycles etc. Forgot to check for auto wipers. Has auto brightness feature for screen. Mentions ARB again but doesn't say speed update, didn't test it out lol. Local autosteer 35 mph restriction lifted, tried it out. Hope you guys get it soon! Enjoy.

I heard about .50 somewhere else, don't know what the difference is though.

Do you know what the car was on before?

It's promising to hear that you felt it's smoother. The first person after some local driving tests seemed to come up inconclusive.

i have 3000 miles of driving planned in the next 2 weeks so i better get this update soon lol.

The last time I said that I got the update at 9AM on a day with 10 hours of driving and nobody was willing to delay an hour to apply it. Jerks. Never will be invited on a Tesla trip again.

(So yeah.... don’t jinx your update!)

I think by parking near a service center will get new updates quicker works again. 17.17.17 came out for two weeks and I didn't get it. I went to the service center last week for some repairs. I parked at the service center to wait for it to open at 7am. and I got 17.17.17 on LTE.

Smoother on highways. Didn't notice much diff on local roads but didn't use too it too much either. Does not show adjacent cars from what I remember.

It's the middle of the night. I remember seeing views through all the diff cameras on the center screen. I should post about this in the new update. Then I was like what the..that was a dream. Why am I dreaming about my tesla? Loll

• Funny
Reactions: 121GWTS and NateB
I thought when the second number was even it was for AP1 cars - if someone got 17.22.46 on a AP2 car that would be a change in the prior pattern. Do we know what the ap2 version info for this new update that is mentioned on electrek with perpendicular parking, screen brightness adjustment, and smoother auto steer will be? Are they changing the naming scheme?
That question's quite difficile, clostridium.
The site Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App lists 3 cars, all AP2.
The site TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X Data Logger lists 3 cars, with one of each AP1, AP2 and pre-AP.

So long as Tesla continues to monitor hands on the wheel, FSD could be turned on tomorrow. But wait. They've forgotten to build it. The rest of the regulatory approval disclaimer is pure B.S. Ask Cadillac. They'll have FSD on interstates this fall with hands in your lap so long as your eyes are glued to the road ahead.

It's not going to be regulatory apprival we will be waiting on. It WILL be Tesla. My state, Georgia, has already approved FSD by law. I posted on TMC a couple of weeks ago.

george-clooney-soon-meme.jpg