Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.22.46 - Perpendicular parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I NEED to take my car in to have the tires looked at errrrr I mean the floor mat errrr whatever:
According to Electrec:
A Tesla spokesperson confirmed to Electrek that the update is not being pushed over-the-air yet, but it is being rolled into the new vehicles coming out of the Fremont factory or vehicles going into service.

Now that you mention it, my washer nozzles do seem to be a little out of alignment.... ;-)

But in all seriousness, sometimes the mass rollout edition is a slightly newer build with some bugfixes and the initial rollout will miss out on that for weeks. If they are pushing for the end of the week, I'll just sit tight and wait :)

• Funny
Reactions: GSP and BLKMDL3
Hoping they've started preloading the OTA update for next week... this image shows my car's WiFi utilization today.

Attachments

• IMG_9454.PNG
    IMG_9454.PNG
    101.9 KB · Views: 103
Never heard of preloading. In the past 10 or so updates I've gotten, the download occurred immediately prior to getting an update available notification. Has someone seen preloading before?

Also, usually updates are at least 100MB, but can go over 1 GB. The figures in your screen shot are a pretty small.

I do believe they preload and do so in relatively small pieces. Think bit torrent... I've been seeing unusually large downloads for a few days.

It could be Nav map updates or the like but the fact that a release is out and scheduled to start installing for current owners next week is a bit curious...

Never heard of preloading. In the past 10 or so updates I've gotten, the download occurred immediately prior to getting an update available notification. Has someone seen preloading before?

Also, usually updates are at least 100MB, but can go over 1 GB. The figures in your screen shot are a pretty small.

I do believe they preload and do so in relatively small pieces. Think bit torrent... I've been seeing unusually large downloads for a few days.

It could be Nav map updates or the like but the fact that a release is out and scheduled to start installing for current owners next week is a bit curious...

I've got full packet captures of all updates, including maps - never seen behavior like you describe. The downloads are normal HTTP GET requests to Akamai. But perhaps there are multiple methods, depending on how reliably the download is going?

Pic shows a new power meter. Did they drop the average consumption graph? Are there changes in the energy monitor on the big screen?
The article says rollout starting at the end of the week. I just had a service appt six days ago, had not had an update since early April, and was notified in the car while on 3G (and no phone notification, maybe because of connectivity). Then again, I have HW-1 and this update might no be for my car anyway.

Roll your window up and down 10 times while holding down the brake pedal. Then immediately after, press the glove box button.
Well I tried this. But it did not work, so I rolled up all my windows (closed all my windows) and restarted the car.
It took a while to load but than.... blue screen of death appeared and I had to restart the car again.