Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Turbine Wheel Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I understand, Rial only makes two color variations of the wheel and these are it. Not sure why TireRack did not use the same color names as TuneShop. I asked TireRack for pics but they don't have any until they actually receive the tire and take their own pics.

The ones you see above are called "diamond black".

There are several more. Here's graphite:
rial-lugano-graphite.jpg

Here's the Milano wheels in the titanium (to get a color sense):
Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 10.23.19 AM.png

What's unclear is whether the titanium is going to be like the black or the graphite, where the leading edge is silver but the "fan blades" are titanium, or whether it's a solid 1 color.

Interesting on the Rial prices. Thanks. Finish on the TM version looks a bit different than the Rials. TM looks perfectly matched, in finish, to the 21 OEMs.

Here's what our local Tesla store just received two days ago...

View attachment 27897

View attachment 27898

What I don't get about Tesla's new 19-inchers is the "fan blades" are not evenly spaced, but rather, not-so-subtly bunched in pairs. Look carefully. It doesn't have the nice even spacing of fan blades the way the 21-inchers have.

It's enough of an oddity to turn me off to ever buying them. I might consider the third-party offerings though.

What I don't get about Tesla's new 19-inchers is the "fan blades" are not evenly spaced, but rather, not-so-subtly bunched in pairs. Look carefully. It doesn't have the nice even spacing of fan blades the way the 21-inchers have.

It's enough of an oddity to turn me off to ever buying them. I might consider the third-party offerings though.

Agree. Noticed the pairs. Maybe, they are more aerodynamic this way?! :)

I don't mind the pairing. I notice that the Rials are paired too, but much more subtly.

I think the raised T cap, may not represent the final caps you get, as all the other wheels on the wall, had the slightly recessed version, even the aeros.

Last edited:
Rial color palette for comparison:

Bright Sliver (Tirerack color)
rial_bavaro_bs_ci3_l.jpg

Silver (Tunershop color)
rial_dh_s_ci3_l.jpg

Titanium Gunmetal (Tirerack color)
rial_milano_tgm_ci3_l.jpg

Diamond Black / Machined (Tunershop color)
rial_ravenna_mba_ci3_l.jpg

Talked to tirerack, and confirmed everything posted here.

Rial Lugano wheel, 19"x8.5" w/32mm offset: $239/wheel.
Bright Silver and Gunmetal color options
Available from Tirerack Mid October.

With this offset, the wheel face will be:
0.55" more 'outboard' vs factory 19" wheels
0.31" more 'outboard' vs factory 21" wheels

Credit card wont get charged until shipment, and the price is locked at time of order (meaning if wheel/tire price changes between now and availability - agent said wheel price would likely not change, but tire prices can).

I priced bright silver wheels with Potenza S04 245/45/19 tires ($172/tire). I'm not looking for a winter setup, i'm look for a better looking/handling/braking setup compared to my stock Goodyears, staying with 19s.

Wheels/tires/TPMS/mounted, shipped to CA: $2,150
Wheel/tires/not mounted, shipped to CA: $1,780 (Which is a pretty darn good price!)

Haven't decided if i'm going to order now or wait until October...

Last edited:

That's why they are called 19" Cyclones instead of 19" Turbine wheels. The design difference is intentional. I actually really like them, just wish they came in grey.

Dreamin
Thanks so much for the clarification. Do you know if the Titanium will have the silver accents or all be one color. if so, it seems the color options for the 19 inch turbines are very close to those of the 21 inch wheels from Tesla which would be great. I have my order in for thesilver but may change if they are all one color. Thanks so much.

Dreamin
Thanks so much for the clarification. Do you know if the Titanium will have the silver accents or all be one color. if so, it seems the color options for the 19 inch turbines are very close to those of the 21 inch wheels from Tesla which would be great. I have my order in for thesilver but may change if they are all one color. Thanks so much.

i understood the titanium gunmetal was a solid color - no silver/machined accents. But definitely double-check with Tirerack.

I'm guessing Tirerack picked the two colors closest to the stock wheel colors, for a factory look. While Tunershop picked the 'tuner' / non-factory look.

Okay, just to close out on what TireRack will offer... I contacted them and asked for pictures, they didn't have any yet but sent me the actual color specs...

The silver Lugano will be the "sterling silver" color. Here is a picture of it with white background, and with the wheels on an Audi:
Rial_Lugano_Sterling_Zilver.jpg
1009_rial_servicethema_01.jpg

The titanium gunmetal Lugano doesn't have a photo yet but will be the same color as the Milano wheel, pictured here, along with the same wheel mounted on a red vehicle (best I could find, sorry):
Rial_Milano_Titanium2.jpg
CIMG1236.JPG

I have confirmed that the gunmetal wheel is indeed a single-tone.

TireRack can provide TPMS sensors at ~$100 ea., or you can reuse the other ones from your existing wheels (but the tires have to be deflated and partially dismounted to do that).

I went with the titanium gunmetal with TPMS sensors, appropriate lug nuts, and the Hankook 19" all-season tires, came in at just over $2,200.

Hope this helps. I have no interest in Tire Rack other than as a customer. They have made sourcing these replacements very simple, rather than having to buy the tires from <x>, wheels from <y>, lugnuts from <z>, and swapping your TPMS sensors at Tesla.

Pictures from Google Image Search, original source Rial's site and other public car forums.

Last edited:
Will Tesla mount tires on non-OEM rims and install them?

Am thinking about the Rial Lugano(Titanium Gunmetal) and am wondering what the main difference is between Tesla's $3,600 per set of 4 rims vs. Rial's less that $1,000/set of 4 rims. Any safety or performance differences? I know Tesla has very high margins but I didn't think over 300%.

Last edited:
Lugano Gunmetal 19&amp;quot;

Okay, just to close out on what TireRack will offer... I contacted them and asked for pictures, they didn't have any yet but sent me the actual color specs...

The silver Lugano will be the "sterling silver" color. Here is a picture of it with white background, and with the wheels on an Audi:

The titanium gunmetal Lugano doesn't have a photo yet but will be the same color as the Milano wheel, pictured here, along with the same wheel mounted on a red vehicle (best I could find, sorry):

I have confirmed that the gunmetal wheel is indeed a single-tone.

TireRack can provide TPMS sensors at ~$100 ea., or you can reuse the other ones from your existing wheels (but the tires have to be deflated and partially dismounted to do that).

I went with the titanium gunmetal with TPMS sensors, appropriate lug nuts, and the Hankook 19" all-season tires, came in at just over $2,200.

Hope this helps. I have no interest in Tire Rack other than as a customer. They have made sourcing these replacements very simple, rather than having to buy the tires from <x>, wheels from <y>, lugnuts from <z>, and swapping your TPMS sensors at Tesla.

Pictures from Google Image Search, original source Rial's site and other public car forums.

For winter, I've ordered the Lugano gunmetal + Tesla TPSM as well from Tirerack (originally the silver from Tunershop but cancelled).
19" pirelli sottozero 240's have arrived. (separately because noticed the gunmental too late...)

Expecting bouncing Green/Tan S P85/21" titanium stock wheels/tires early October.
(Should I paint the garage pink or blue? Ha!)

db

Anybody have a picture of these?

gunm.001.jpg

Attachments

• trans.gif
    trans.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 1,512
  • gunm.001.jpg
    gunm.001.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,562
Last edited by a moderator: