Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Turbine Wheel Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put the Luganos on my blue MS back in Feb. They're beautiful, easy to keep clean (a few small squirts of P21S wheel cleaner and a sponge), and I like the ride on the 19" tires better than the few days that I had the 21s (when they were included with the P models). They don't have a Tesla T on the center of the rim, but I don't need a badge on my wheel to recognize that my car is a Model S. For those who are thinking about it, I at least think they're great rims, and thank all of those who were early in this thread for all the legwork they did to find them.

I put the Luganos on my blue MS back in Feb. They're beautiful, easy to keep clean (a few small squirts of P21S wheel cleaner and a sponge), and I like the ride on the 19" tires better than the few days that I had the 21s (when they were included with the P models). They don't have a Tesla T on the center of the rim, but I don't need a badge on my wheel to recognize that my car is a Model S. For those who are thinking about it, I at least think they're great rims, and thank all of those who were early in this thread for all the legwork they did to find them.

What was the Lugano cost? It seems much less and better looking than the new Tesla version. Wondering though about lug nut safety. Could you compare this and also provide the link or info again to the Lugano wheels? Thanks!

What was the Lugano cost? It seems much less and better looking than the new Tesla version. Wondering though about lug nut safety. Could you compare this and also provide the link or info again to the Lugano wheels? Thanks!

I paid $1388 for all 4 rims including shipping, plus about $900 for all 4 tires, plus maybe another $600 for the install + TPMS sensors from Tesla. There is a lot of data in this thread that made me comfortable with the safety of the components, though you'd have to make your own assessment. Look for the posts from NJS1207 (the one who started this thread). I got the rims from tunershop.com (again, link is earlier in this thread somewhere).

I paid $1388 for all 4 rims including shipping, plus about $900 for all 4 tires, plus maybe another $600 for the install + TPMS sensors from Tesla. There is a lot of data in this thread that made me comfortable with the safety of the components, though you'd have to make your own assessment. Look for the posts from NJS1207 (the one who started this thread). I got the rims from tunershop.com (again, link is earlier in this thread somewhere).

So, basically, you paid $2,888. I guess this makes sense especially if it is a second set of wheels (i.e.: 21" for summer and these for winter). The price drops if you want to just replace your 19" and keep the tires.

19turbine.jpg

I really don't like the asymmetry of the new Tesla 19" turbine option... I contacted Tire Rack (thanks to captain_zap's contact info) and this is what I was told:

Thanks for your question to The Tire Rack. We have ordered the Rial Lugano (Bright Silver or Titanium Gunmetal) in 19x8.5 (ET32) to give Tesla owners (like our CEO) an option for winter wheels and tires. Each wheel will come with new lug nuts and centercaps at no cost, and the OE Tire Pressure Sensors can be added for $97 per wheel. The wheels are hub centric for Tesla (64mm bore), so centering rings will not be needed. The sensors would need to be initialized by a Tesla Ranger or other qualified service center to be functional. As far as tire size, we use the stock 245/45R19 on all four corners to allow for tire rotation. Our shipment of the wheels is expected to arrive by October 15th, with the bulk of our snow tire options arriving in mid September. I would encourage pre-ordering if at all possible to avoid disappointment as we are not able to maintain a waiting list for the product, I apologize.

I'm placing an order for a set in titanium gunmetal with the Hankook tires and TPMS sensors. Just over $2,200 mounted, balanced, and shipped.

Last edited:
FLasherZ
thanks for the update. Are they taking preorders now? Thursday website or phone?
I really don't like the asymmetry of the new Tesla 19" turbine option... I contacted Tire Rack (thanks to captain_zap's contact info) and this is what I was told:

I'm placing an order for a set in titanium gunmetal with the Hankook tires and TPMS sensors. Just over $2,200 mounted, balanced, and shipped.

FLasherZ
thanks for the update. Are they taking preorders now? Thursday website or phone?

They are taking orders right now to ship mid-October, and won't charge your card until they ship. Contact me via PM if you want contact information, the contact I spoke with knew all the details and worked up a quote and purchase in a jiffy.

The wheels come in two color options: bright silver (think: chrome-like shine) and titanium gunmetal (think: halfway between Tesla's satin silver and dark gray).

NICE! The 32mm offset means these wheels are shifted out ~1/3" more than the factory 21x8.5 wheels... These will fill up the wheel wells nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

And as far as color, these wheels are darker than the factory wheels. Do you know if the "bright silver" is as bright as the factory wheels? Brighter?
Wheels.jpg

And as far as color, these wheels are darker than the factory wheels. Do you know if the "bright silver" is as bright as the factory wheels? Brighter?

As far as I can see from pictures, the bright silver finish is more toward a chrome rather than satin silver - a more shiny wheel. My wife didn't like the photos she saw, and we went with the titanium gunmetal (the darker version, but lighter than Tesla's dark wheels).

Thanks, captain_zap and FlasherZ for the Tirerack lead/info. Just pre-ordered a set of the gunmetal Luganos w/ Dunlop Winter Sport 3Ds and tpms for the winter. I did not see the last update here: did anyone work out a solution for a Tesla center cap on these wheels -- would really be the finishing touch. Or can we do the custom decals?

SO I spoke with Tirerack and the 19" Rial Wheels are a great option at $239/rim and there is more savings on the OE Tesla TPMS sensors. I have a green P85 with rear carbon spoiler. Planning on switching out my stock 19" wheels to Winter tires (Bridgestone Blizzak) this Nov and then order the Rial rims next March from TireRack with Bridgestone Serenity Plus for summer-supposedly one of the quietest tires on the road with low rolling resistance and decent tread warranty. Price will be $2461 delivered and ready to install. In March, when the tires are switched, I will coat the tirewells with Quiet Car paint and also paint the brake calipers red to complete the process. This should give even more noise isolation (tires and wheel well treatment) to an already quiet car. The big question (and I would love member input as I am on the fence) is which color, silver or black (pics attached)...all suggestions welcome...cheers!

RIAL_LUGANO_p_p235966.jpg
RIAL_LUGANO_p_p235968.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, almost forgot, I think we can order the wheels with blank center caps and then have the following company design center cap stickers-I think they have already done it for another Tesla owner.....

http://3dcarstickers.com/

- - - Updated - - -

Center Caps Solution

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/16256-Center-caps-for-aftermarket-wheels

So, I must confess my ignorance on the matter. In addition to buying these Rials, we also need 4 new tire pressure monitors?

It depends. You can use the ones from your existing wheels but they will have to be removed from the car and tires dismounted to pull them off. If you prefer having the other wheels "at the ready", you will need another set.

@SCW-Greg
Well this interesting. These display models have the same "raised T" that the early models of the 19" and 21" wheels have at the Bellevue store. Production wheels don't have the "raised T". I wonder if this just another "early display model" repeat, or if they're changing the style.

View attachment 27857View attachment 27858

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, almost forgot, I think we can order the wheels with blank center caps and then have the following company design center cap stickers-I think they have already done it for another Tesla owner.....

http://3dcarstickers.com/

- - - Updated - - -

Center Caps Solution

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/16256-Center-caps-for-aftermarket-wheels

Wait, is that second pic the titanium gunmetal color? I would not want that on my S. Thought it was more like the gray of the OEM 21s?

Thanks for the center cap info.