Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Turbine Wheel Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is why I got Pilot Aplin PA3's and not the X-Ice/Blizzack/R2. :)

No PA3's in 245/45/19 in the U.S. Interesting you have them in Canada. Or did you go with a different size? Presumably most performance winters would be more stable than the xi3's under heavy acceleration, but then, they may not perform as well if you ever really need them. That's the inevitable tradeoff, I guess.

Actually I did this to my front 21, so figured it was time to get the winters on :-(. Now on to the alloy gators thread...
3yhu9ebe.jpg

Ouch.

No PA3's in 245/45/19 in the U.S. Interesting you have them in Canada. Or did you go with a different size? Presumably most performance winters would be more stable than the xi3's under heavy acceleration, but then, they may not perform as well if you ever really need them. That's the inevitable tradeoff, I guess.

Yeah I went with 255/45, I keep forgetting that. :redface:

After talking with several vendors, making new aluminum center cap it a bit out of the question. The average price for a set for 4 is 1000 bucks, not including paint. So, Instead I opted to paint my caps. I'll post pics once the caps come back from paint. I asked the shop to fill and color match the gunmetal. Also, I used a vinyl cutter to make tesla T stickers to allow the shop to paint signature red tesla Ts on the caps. Fingers crossed they turn out amazing.

Last edited:
Thanks JasonA for looking into the aluminum caps. My set of 3D stickers has not yet arrived, though they should be here in the next few days...they shipped on Nov 8, and the website says normal transit time from the Ukraine is 10-14 days.

My Gunmetal Rials arrived this morning, and they are off to have Opticoat Pro installed on the spokes and barrels, for ease of cleaning, prior to installation. 5.8 and the TPMS reset feature arrived just in time!

Apologies for the overcast skies that do no justice to the green, but here are a few quick shots of the wheels for comparison. I was worried that the color wouldn't look good with the green, in person. It doesn't look good...it looks PHENOMENAL! Can't wait to get them on the car...

Rial Luganos B4 Install 2.JPG
Rial Luganos B4 Install 3.JPG

I spoke with 3D stickers as well. Below is their response. Better price with more quantity. Also shipping would be reduced from UK with a larger order. I suggest we get 2 styles 1.) silver background with black T and 2.) dark grey background with silver T. Should cover most with silver or grey wheels. Any one who want a custom combination with other design or colors can order independently for a little more money. If we do the group buy, we can get shipped to US and then can send out to individual addresses from here. Let me know what you think. Happy to help anyway I can. I saw the Maserati stickers and they looked awesome. Short money....just my 2 cents...

nkohlimd, any update on the 3D stickers you were looking into? Sorry if I missed something. Thanks

Sorry for not following up sooner. I have been in contact with Alex from 3-D stickers. If you order one set only,it is approximately $16 with $10 in shipping. If we order more than 20 sets, the price goes down to six dollars per set and shipping is approximately the same. I was thinking we could order 22 total. Color choices are above. I would have them shipped to my house and then I could send them out to everybody for minimal postage. If you guys feel the hassle is not worth saving $15-20 dollars, we call all just order individually. Alternatively, if you want other color choices and combinations, Alex can do them but then I would recommend you order them individually from his site. Happy to have someone else organize the group by if you want but I would be happy to do so. I would like to have at least 22 orders in hand

Thanks for the update. It's probably easier to order individually if they'll have the color combinations on file and we don't all have to reinvent the wheel (no pun intended). That would certainly be easier for you. I can go either way, though, if people would rather save the $20 then I'll join the group buy.

Thanks for the update. It's probably easier to order individually if they'll have the color combinations on file and we don't all have to reinvent the wheel (no pun intended). That would certainly be easier for you. I can go either way, though, if people would rather save the $20 then I'll join the group buy.

If you don't want to go through the work of doing a group buy, I have the stickers available in Black, Multi-Coat Red, Blue and Signature Red. You can see the Multi-Coat Red on Scott's photo of his Rial center caps. Info is in the For Sale section. Price is $12.50 for a set of 5, and includes shipping and instructions.

And the Rials are installed...more pics, just for G_G! I also ordered a spare set of Rial Center caps, in case I want to take off the convex Rial emblem to replace it with the convex 3DStickers Tesla emblems I ordered. If this doesn't work, I will paint the Rial center caps to match the gunmetal, and apply a set of RogBMW's black stickers.
Rial Luganos Installed 1.JPG
Rial Luganos Installed 2.JPG
Rial Luganos Installed 4.JPG

And on the way home, I went to show the new wheels to a friend and future Tesla owner Newscutter, and I spotted a Blue P85 with Grey 21s for comparison! Didn't know we had a Blue P85 with grey 21s in this neck of the woods, though I had seen a Blue with Aeros.

BlueP85AH 2.JPG

xhawk101-

Tesla service center put my Luganos on for their second season yesterday. Tesla will install aftermarket wheels (at least in the NY and NJ area). With regards to your post below [#250] the OEM center caps will not fit these wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

Artsci-

The car looks fabulous with those wheels. Nice work.

Got mine installed today. They're shod with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus tires. Normally I'd use Michelins, but Turanza were rated higher then the comparable Michelin tire on just about every measure. I've only driven about 15 miles on them, but I'm very impressed. The ride quality and quiet of the tires is a noticeable improvement over the 21" Conti's. Now I have to get Tesla center caps.

The wear on my 21's (7,000 miles) was surprisingly even and lower than I expected, and this without any rotation. When I put them back on in the spring, it looks like they'll be good for another season at least.

Here's the one photo I was able to take of the Rial's on this rainy day in Maryland.

View attachment 34487

- - - Updated - - -

Those look fantastic! And your paint looks to be in great shape as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Doc-

Can TireRack source Tesla-style centercaps to fit the Luganos? I would love to see an aluminum billet option, but they probably need to be ordered at scale to get to a reasonable price.

I find it interesting that there were numerous discussions about the direction of the spokes ("same on each side of the car?") for the original OEM turbines, but nobody's brought it up yet for the aftermarket ones. :)