Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Turbine Wheel Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wouldn't the Tesla sticker only apply to OEM wheels/tires, though?

Yes.

If you change the wheel/tire size or tire model, wouldn't those have their own recommended pressures?

Yes. And even then, because tire pressure recommendations are based on a set of assumptions, you will need to adjust pressures for actual driving conditions (usually upward adjustment).

Had my Rial Luganos placed on the car today. No obvious problems, and it drives as straight as an arrow.

There is, however, a very slight vibration in the steering wheel noticable at higher speeds. I'm not sure if this is expected for the short or long term for winter wheels or if there was an issue with installation. I watched the wheels get swapped out and everything was done as it should have been and each bolt was tightened to 129 foot pounds in a strar pattern.

Again, it's very slight. Thoughts?

Had my Rial Luganos placed on the car today. No obvious problems, and it drives as straight as an arrow.

There is, however, a very slight vibration in the steering wheel noticable at higher speeds. I'm not sure if this is expected for the short or long term for winter wheels or if there was an issue with installation. I watched the wheels get swapped out and everything was done as it should have been and each bolt was tightened to 129 foot pounds in a strar pattern.

Again, it's very slight. Thoughts?

Needs balancing. Winter tires and wheels shouldn't vibrate any more than summer or all-season tires. (They will be noisier.) Take it to somewhere with a road force balancer.

It's also different for air suspension vs coil suspension for the non-P85+. Here is the official TSB from Tesla showing what they should be set to: http://craigfroehle.com/posted/ModelS_Alignment.pdf

Note that this TSB is obsolete. The alignment values and ride heights are now different, but the inflation pressures may still be correct. Instead please refer to the new Dec 2013 owners manual and your door sticker for proper OEM specs.

If there is anyone who is questioning whether the Rial Luganos will match up with the Model S, I will have to throw my input in there and say: "absolutely!"

gytu5ene.jpg

a4uranas.jpg

7e5y5yhy.jpg

Those sure do look great on Blue, Kevin. They really make the dark colors look "menacing". Newscutter has dubbed them my "Lord Vader Wheels". I like them because they hide the grey winter dirt so well, and I will enjoy swapping back and forth between these and the summer silver 19s.

If there is anyone who is questioning whether the Rial Luganos will match up with the Model S, I will have to throw my input in there and say: "absolutely!"

a4uranas.jpg
Hello,

I think you mounted the wheels the wrong way. Typically they should move the air into the wheelhousing and the brakes. Perhaps it would not make any difference, because we do not use our brakes very often.

7e5y5yhy.jpg

Very nice! Since you are clearly and expert at painting from your writeup, please let me know if you find a good solution (cleaning or paint) for the rust that develops between the rotor hats and the braking surface (visible here as a ring of rust). I had the same problem and did some cleaning there when swapping wheels.

Very nice! Since you are clearly and expert at painting from your writeup, please let me know if you find a good solution (cleaning or paint) for the rust that develops between the rotor hats and the braking surface (visible here as a ring of rust). I had the same problem and did some cleaning there when swapping wheels.

I'm going to try working on that in the spring.

I figure I'll try the easy route first: dismount the wheel, scrub the rust with CarPro Iron-X and Sonax Full Effect, dry, and then coat the region. I can usually get it decently clean just by spraying Iron-X on the area, but I must admit that unless it's sanded and repainted, it will probably have some rust.