Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 MY Household

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are going through a similar thought process. Wife loves my Model Y and wants one to replace her Telluride and would probably get the non LR AWD drive version (only need LR for road trips). With the current price of the Y it is very tempting, the only thing holding us back is missing the extra space that the Telluride provides. The Model X would be the ideal replacement of the Telluride but no way I am paying over $100,000 for a car.

Time will tell as what we decide to do. One thing we know is that whatever we replace our Telluride with will be an EV, and at this point in I can't imagine getting a non Tesla EV.

We have a MYP and M3LR, as long as we have Tesla products with the Supercharger network, traveling with either has been a breeze.
I don't understand keeping around an ICE vehicle "in case the grid goes down" All gas stations run on electricity to pump gas, between the inability to pump gas and the run on fuel that would inevitably happen. I don't see the possibility of refueling an ICE vehicle in that scenario.

We have a MYP and M3LR, as long as we have Tesla products with the Supercharger network, traveling with either has been a breeze.
I don't understand keeping around an ICE vehicle "in case the grid goes down" All gas stations run on electricity to pump gas, between the inability to pump gas and the run on fuel that would inevitably happen. I don't see the possibility of refueling an ICE vehicle in that scenario.
If the grid goes down the neighbor with solar becomes a charging station. PlugShare has that info.

What can I tell you. I'm just boring :)

We even have 2 of the same dogs, Mini Goldendoodles, both females and from same parents but different colors.

Since 2015 I've had 8 Ford trucks in a row the same Gray color. That way the neighbors didn't realize I kept buying new trucks.

Recently I went crazy and bought myself a White Ford truck for my 76th birthday. As Steve Martin would say I'm becoming a "wild and crazy guy"!!!!
I bet its fun to dine out with you.

• Funny
Reactions: Konicom04
Get a tow hitch and rent or buy a small trailer.

While I do use my pickup for some yardwork that requires periodic trips to a local yard waste dump site, which could be replaced via a small trailer, we also use our pickup for surf fishing trips - which the MY isn't going to be able to do no matter what as it doesn't have the required ground clearance - I wouldn't even attempt it honestly. Need a 4x4 type vehicle with minimum 8" ground clearance to obtain a surf fishing tag in my state. :cool:

Our original plan was to get a 2nd Y (an MYP to go alongside the '20 MYLR). Buuuut... we ultimately sold the MYLR (last summer, at the height of resale), and bought an MYP + M3P. It was the right choice for us: we both drive either car interchangeably, though the Y is the definite go-to for 3+ people, or when needing a tow hitch for the bike rack. Having a 2nd Y seemed a bit excessive for us, as we just didn't need two cars that large.

If you don't always need the extra cargo space & rear passenger space, the M3P is an absolute blast to drive (and does a bit better in tight/narrow parking garages). Having two Teslas is a definite advantage regardless: portable user profiles across cars, single app for both cars, same wall connectors...

True, but gas stations have plenty of fuel to run generators for the pumps.

I'm not saying it'd play into my decision, but that would be my counterpoint.

True, but gas stations have plenty of fuel to run generators for the pumps.

I'm not saying it'd play into my decision, but that would be my counterpoint.
But when has that ever happened, plenty of outages over the last 100 years, never once have I heard of a oil distributor bringing in generators to power the pumps. They're just Sorry about your luck people.

But when has that ever happened, plenty of outages over the last 100 years, never once have I heard of a oil distributor bringing in generators to power the pumps. They're just Sorry about your luck people.
In our experience, any of these natural disaster type events we've been in first hand favored having an EV over ICE. I keep hearing about all of these "yeah but what if" scenarios and in our experience the EV won the day in every instance. I know it's a small sample size but the bottom line is: ish happens. Buy what you want because there are potential negatives to whatever it's drive mechanism.

Reactions: 804son