Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S won't boot up or drive after parked overnight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They said my car is ready. I asked them to reconsider the invoice price and they said they’d look at it next week. I probably can’t get a ride to go get it for a couple of weeks at least though. Lots of hurry up and wait going on. Very curious how it all turns out. I just feel like the car won’t be reliable. It should be. But my mind is always sort of thinking it’ll be bricked one morning or strand me on the highway.

I'm in much the same boat as you, being recently semi-retired. So I'm really interested to know how this all turns out. Please do update us.

I do wonder how the salvage supercharge program, if it really does happen, will affect all of this.

They said my car is ready. I asked them to reconsider the invoice price and they said they’d look at it next week. I probably can’t get a ride to go get it for a couple of weeks at least though. Lots of hurry up and wait going on. Very curious how it all turns out. I just feel like the car won’t be reliable. It should be. But my mind is always sort of thinking it’ll be bricked one morning or strand me on the highway.
Good news that it's repaired. I can relate to that gnawing feeling. My car quit on us while driving. Nobody at SC could explain it. 12 days at the shop, they looked at harnesses and connections. It happened on my 5 month old car at 3,800 miles. It's been 5 months and almost 4k more miles with no problem. I barely think about it any more. Your car is older but now has new life. If you can swing it maybe its a good time to sell it and get a newer one.

that, I don’t believe. Pretty sure every major manufacturer will go the Tesla way in the end, a few service centers, mobile service, and no need to have all the different dealers inbetween.
The Tesla way didn't work for this poster. They told him to ship it because there is no service center anywhere near his home. Pretty sure the average Toyota or Ford driver can find a service center within 200 miles of their home.

Mine was replaced under warranty. It's a new 1014116-00-C, but it is capacity locked. My full range is 270 miles and I'm fine with that since it leaves me with a buffer ~7kWh buffer at the top, less stress to the cells when I fully charge, and a very fast charging curve.
How good is the charging curve? Whats the max kw, and where does it usually sit at before tapering? My car is getting a new 90kwh pack, presumably the 1014116-00-C and I'm excited to not be chargegated like my current pack with 200k miles on it.

Thanks in advance!

How good is the charging curve? Whats the max kw, and where does it usually sit at before tapering? My car is getting a new 90kwh pack, presumably the 1014116-00-C and I'm excited to not be chargegated like my current pack with 200k miles on it.

Thanks in advance!

The supercharging started at 14% SoC. The 35kw is at 99% (locked) SoC. It was a 120kw supercharger station.

1668378423642.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: henderrj and jhuang
So I'm planning to get the car this weekend. Final bill was $15k. They won't tell me if my battery is limited or not by software but did say I should see the same performance as old battery. So this likely means software limited. Pretty disappointed. I'll do some testing at some and see what real world results are like. If it is software limited. I reckon that means it's safe to charge it to 100% each time since there's such a large buffer.

So what I'm confused about is how do I find out what my usable battery size is?

How full should I charge the car for optimal health and performance?

How do I know if my usable capacity is software locked?

It's all so mysterious...

In my mind, if they are software locking some of the capacity, that means I can safely charge to 100% because it's not getting close to that maximum no matter what I do.

Is there an easy way to find out what my horsepower or energy output is now to find out if I've gained or lost horsepower with the new battery?

What are other people's charging speeds at Superchargers with these new 90 kwh battery packs? Is my 110kw considered good, bad, or average?

So many questions. Tesla won't tell me anything.

My dash still says P85+ btw not P90.

"Just do current rated miles / battery SoC %. So for example my pack (same as your new one btw) is 201/.68 or 296 miles." I see what you're saying. That makes sense. I guess I haven't relied on Tesla estimated in the past. I've had them be wildly optimistic. Like it'll say I have 225 miles of range and I'm at 1% at 190 mile and limping home praying I don't get stranded. Maybe the new battery has better estimates?

So what I'm confused about is how do I find out what my usable battery size is?

How full should I charge the car for optimal health and performance?

How do I know if my usable capacity is software locked?

It's all so mysterious...

In my mind, if they are software locking some of the capacity, that means I can safely charge to 100% because it's not getting close to that maximum no matter what I do.

Is there an easy way to find out what my horsepower or energy output is now to find out if I've gained or lost horsepower with the new battery?

What are other people's charging speeds at Superchargers with these new 90 kwh battery packs? Is my 110kw considered good, bad, or average?

So many questions. Tesla won't tell me anything.

My dash still says P85+ btw not P90.

"Just do current rated miles / battery SoC %. So for example my pack (same as your new one btw) is 201/.68 or 296 miles." I see what you're saying. That makes sense. I guess I haven't relied on Tesla estimated in the past. I've had them be wildly optimistic. Like it'll say I have 225 miles of range and I'm at 1% at 190 mile and limping home praying I don't get stranded. Maybe the new battery has better estimates?
My P85 is still badged the same on the MCU. I don’t think that they will change that. My extrapolated range is 290.

Isn’t there a section in the trip display that shows your current trip and since last charge, both showing your Wh/mi efficiency? That’s good enough to gauge if you’re driving conservatively or not. I believe in your case, your display will always show 85, it’s just sometimes Tesla will unlock the whole pack, sometimes they won’t. Fully unlocked pack will yield you 297 estimated miles. Since you paid for the pack, you can pester Tesla into unlocking the full pack for you. Someone else on the forum tried for 3 weeks before they finally gave in. If you charge the car up to 100% and feel regen then that means you are software locked.