Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016's getting pushed back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ahhhh... in production.

This is wonderful news Jerjozwik! Lets see how long it is in production? I think next Monday may
be a plant shutdown day.

BTW, I went over to visit one of the local Xpel Ultimate installers and detailers here in Conn.
Had a chat and a nice time there.
Quote is reasonable....

I can be with the car and in the shop each day it is there for wrapping (2) and coating.
Can take pictures of the entire operation too.
He is even going to wrap the aluminum inserts on the door sills.
I am getting a complete wrap minus the rear hatch.

I need to tell my Service Center to just remove the Tesla plastic shipping wrappers and leave the exterior of the car as is and then just drive it over
to the detailing shop which is about 5 miles away.

Arrggg. I was late February - March for the last 2 months. This morning it went to March - early April. I can't believe it is pushing out further now. . I confirmed Christmas day on my 70D.

Do you have a VIN & MVPA? My info was similar to yours then I called my DES & other contacts to get a real update. I hope your info is just a glitch. There have been a few of those. :crying:

I need to tell my Service Center to just remove the Tesla plastic shipping wrappers and leave the exterior of the car as is and then just drive it over
to the detailing shop which is about 5 miles away.

GREAT NEWS on the delivery!

Hi--I would be curious to see what the condition the paint is in as it arrives from Fremont (scratches, swirls, etc). Is your SC capable or planning on detailing the paint (versus washing & drying) before they deliver cars to the customer?

GREAT NEWS on the delivery!

Hi--I would be curious to see what the condition the paint is in as it arrives from Fremont (scratches, swirls, etc). Is your SC capable or planning on detailing the paint (versus washing & drying) before they deliver cars to the customer?

Spyder14:

I will be instructing my SC to just remove the plastic wrap from the car, that is about it for exterior prep.
I will then drive it over to an Xpel installer where it will be washed, corrected if needed and wrapped.
I can be with the car for the 2 to 3 days it will be there and jokingly can even sleep in the shop if I wish.
Apparently some folks have done this... I was told.

It will be a VERY LONG 2-3 days.

Regarding the capabilities of the Milford Service Center... from what I have seen the dedicated detailer there does a really
super job of prepping cars for delivery. I have not seen any real flaws or damages to paint. Mind you some cars are really
totally filthy after the long train and truck transport.

Arrggg. I was late February - March for the last 2 months. This morning it went to March - early April. I can't believe it is pushing out further now. . I confirmed Christmas day on my 70D.

It seems anyone who picks a specific delivery timeframe is getting pushed back, or at least put after those with "earliest delivery" chosen. I guess Tesla assumes if you're willing to wait, then waiting a little longer is okay.

It seems anyone who picks a specific delivery timeframe is getting pushed back, or at least put after those with "earliest delivery" chosen. I guess Tesla assumes if you're willing to wait, then waiting a little longer is okay.

Not really true... When I placed my order in November I asked for a March delivery. Here we are near Mid February and it started production which would allow, including transit time, for a March delivery, perhaps even late February if the planets align.

It is hard to figure this all out, for sure.

Not really true... When I placed my order in November I asked for a March delivery. Here we are near Mid February and it started production which would allow, including transit time, for a March delivery, perhaps even late February if the planets align.

It is hard to figure this all out, for sure.

I have a P90D with ludy on order as well. Placed in October (did it then to assure I would get the referral discount not knowing it would be extended) requesting a March/April delivery. Online it says confirmed waiting for production, but my DS says I am inline for a middle of March delivery. I am taking delivery in Chicago area.

Last edited:
I have a P90D with ludy on order as well. Placed in October (did it then to assure I would get the referral discount no knowing it would be exteneded) requesting a March/April delivery. Online it says confirmed waiting for production, but my DS says I am inline for a middle of March delivery. I am taking delivery in Chicago area.

Excellent. A Brewers Fan? I remember when the Braves were in Milwaukee! Warren Spahn even.
Regarding production, it will happen.
Do you have a Service Center nearby? Too lazy to look...

Excellent. A Brewers Fan? I remember when the Braves were in Milwaukee! Warren Spahn even.
Regarding production, it will happen.
Do you have a Service Center nearby? Too lazy to look...

Yes huge fan. Brewers could use a few Spahn type pitchers, will be a few years until competitive again. In fact just confirmed a spring training trip today. LOL.

Highland park, IL is closest to us Milwaukee peeps.

My 90D is off the train in Chicago as of Wednesday, waiting for transport truck to bring it to Highland Park! Cutting it so close, headed for road trip Sunday, Really want to drop off my ol Model S for the new one, and do 2,000 miles with Autopilot.... Suppose road trip could be delayed a day though :D

My 90D is off the train in Chicago as of Wednesday, waiting for transport truck to bring it to Highland Park! Cutting it so close, headed for road trip Sunday, Really want to drop off my ol Model S for the new one, and do 2,000 miles with Autopilot.... Suppose road trip could be delayed a day though :D

Delay your trip if you don't have your new Model S. Autopilot is so worth it!

How long was your car on the train? My car supposedly got on the train on Feb 10th headed to Chicago, but I'm not sure how long that trip takes with stops.

How long was your car on the train? My car supposedly got on the train on Feb 10th headed to Chicago, but I'm not sure how long that trip takes with stops.
About 1 week 3 days roughly.

The scheduel of the train varies. It could have arrived in Jouliet Tuesday (it did), or it could have arrived next week Monday. Or any time between. Depends how many stops etc....

-------
Will take delivery on Wednesday! Super exited!

-------

Also ended up ordering XO Verona wheels, instead of Niche Ascari. Twice cheaper for the same look (I hope I won't regret it)
Front 20" * 9" with 255/20/40 tires
Rear 20" * 10.5" with 285/20/40 tires