Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016's getting pushed back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
totally worth the wait.
24912636149_58da155fc9_h.jpg

That's the Titanium Metallic, right? Looks lighter than mine.

Yah, Jer's is the Titanium Metallic... That color really changes its appearance based upon the angle of the light and the amount of light.
At noon it looks golden tan with the sun overhead, when in indirect light (such as Jer's fine picture) it appears grayish to me.
That is a great picture and a cool background that Jer took.

to both, yes, thats what i love about this color. like right now in the sun its a golden brown. in the parking garage at work it almost looks silver. it is a very interesting option!

also i got more photos, currently searching for a titanium model s thread to post them, might have to make one though!

I've had my Model S 85D for almost 12 days and already slightly over 1,000 miles. So far I did about 5 charges to 100% and the interesting thing is that it's always exactly 271 miles. Do you think they have started doing 90kWh packs for all, with software limitation to 85kWh? Or maybe it's too early to see even slightest degradation?

Last edited:
I've had my Model S 85D for almost 12 days and already slightly over 1,000 miles. So far I did about 5 charges to 100% and the interesting thing is that it's always exactly 271 miles. Do you think they have started doing 90kWh packs for all, with software limitation to 85kWh? Or maybe it's too early to see even slightest degradation?

Charging to 100% and then driving immediately afterwards is good for the battery pack. When it is charging to 100%, the charging system does a lot of balancing on the individual cells. Some people who have seen degradation over months or a year have seen some recovery when they have charged to 100%. kman on Youtube who is also islandbayy here on the forum has had a couple of videos on the benefits of charging to 100% once in a while and he goes into the details why. Li-ion batteries don't like to be charged to 100% and then left to sit there at 100% charge, but if you charge to 100% and then drive the car soon after, the system conditions the battery pack and there will be no damage to the batteries.