Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.48 a774ed8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this is old news, but I noticed only today - when you have TACC active (no autosteer), and try to merge into a lane with slower traffic, as soon as you turn on the blinker TACC matches speed to the traffic in the desired nearby lane as if the car behind which you are mergin was in front of you in your lane. pretty neat.

• Informative
Reactions: pdx3181
Not sure if this is old news, but I noticed only today - when you have TACC active (no autosteer), and try to merge into a lane with slower traffic, as soon as you turn on the blinker TACC matches speed to the traffic in the desired nearby lane as if the car behind which you are mergin was in front of you in your lane. pretty neat.

I believe we've had that for a bit, and agreed it's a nice feature. One would think it would have warranted a release note or even a lowly sentence fragment somewhere along the way.

Will have to think back to when I first noticed it... some road trip or another. Not that they all tend to blend together after awhile...

Logistics:

They pushed *.46 at an SC this past Saturday.

*.48 showed up via LTE just past midnight a few days later.

What happens to the car directly behind you in your lane? Are they forced to brake suddenly?

I time the lane change such that I can safely decelerate in the new lane. This reduces the odds I will be rear ended. Decelerating in the old lane will surprise drivers behind you and is asking for trouble.
You must be living in some different Seattle than the one I need to visit sometimes ;)

The one I visit tends to have kind of a traffic problem where if you want to merge into some lane it's often full of other cars that are not spaced hundred feet apart.

Man I am new to all this AP stuff (in cars anyway) and today I picked up a 2017 Model S 100D and I gotta say it changes lanes on AP like a pissed off biker!

Maybe a little less sudden swerve to the other lane would be nice.

I jut checked what are the differences in the manual between .44 and .48 and found some interesting stuff.

First they added info about load limits for the trunk floor (top and bottom):
Load Limits:
Secure all cargo before moving Model S/X , and place heavy cargo in the lower trunk compartment.

Caution: Never load more than 175 lbs (80 kg) on the rear load floor (above the lower trunk compartment) or more than 130 lbs (60 kg) in the lower trunk compartment. Doing so can cause damage.

Note that the 175lbs is conditional on model S/X but is the same for both for now so possible revisions to that?

There is now mentioning on the "climate timer" in the camping mode that you can set - not sure when the functionality was added but manual is updated only now. New feature?

There is a huge update of the tow section with a bunch of extra info on limits and whatnot. e.g.
The hitch receiver is designed to support vertical loads of up to 120 lbs (54 kg) lbs (54 kg) carrying bicycles or other items on the Model X hitch, always check to ensure that the maximum weight is not exceeded. ...

When Model X is equipped with winter tires, the Maximum Towing Capacity is reduced.

new warning:
Tesla assumes no responsibility for damage or injuries resulting from towing a trailer, for any errors or omissions in the instructions accompanying towing equipment, or for your failure to follow the proper instructions. Damage caused by towing a trailer is not covered by the warranty.

There's much more so check this section out if you tow. There's also new towing capacity section.

Also there's a wholesale renaming of all references to "MY TESLA" to "Tesla Account".

Auto-dimming high beam seems to work a bit better. It doesn’t detect as many false negative readings of road reflectors as oncoming headlines. It also turns itself back into high beam after auto switching to low beam a second faster than before. I found the previous version was too slow to reestablish high beam.

• Informative
Reactions: conman