Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.1 ceae3b8 is out per TeslaFI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, your Sienna won't get bashed. Tess has 17.46 with Chill and AEB.
2017-12-19_15-57-07 (2)_LI.jpg

AP2 has been doing a marvelous job with stopped cars at close range, especially ever since 2017.42. When driving around my parking structure, it's amazing how quickly stopped cars blink on and off the screen as I turn. High speed / long-distance recognition is another story, but it sure seems like the AP2 neural net recognizes stopped cars from more angles than AP1 (which required a pretty direct rear view in order to identify a car)

• Informative
Reactions: Gt1948 and don123
50.1 got installed a few days ago and now my AP does not work. I get the “cruise not available” error. Surrounding vehicles are not being shown on dash screen.

I’ve reported it to Tesla support 3 times. They say it has been pushed up to development to fix. No promise date given on fix.

50.1 got installed a few days ago and now my AP does not work. I get the “cruise not available” error. Surrounding vehicles are not being shown on dash screen.
I’ve reported it to Tesla support 3 times. They say it has been pushed up to development to fix. No promise date given on fix.
Sorry to hear that. From the couple of sites that show firmware being installed 50.1 is going out in droves so they must think it is a solid release. You said 'surrounding vehicles' so that that must mean you have an AP1 S or X?

I actually prefer the large cards as you’re approaching an exit. I hope they retain those and not do away with them.

Ken, if you look at the Verygreen video, he large cards are gone. In a 5 lane highway, instead of showing the cards with 3 lanes going straight and 2 lane exiting to the right, they show 3 straight arrows and 2 arrows pointing right at the bottom of the IC display.

I agree with you that I like the large cards. They are much easier to read than the small arrows at the bottom of the IC screen.

Reactions: scottf200
Got an update notice on the 24th for .50 (possibly the .1 release, not sure). Been experiencing the previous problems of losing autopilot and seeing an error message that says I need to visit a service center for an update. Called Tesla. They said they’re working on it. I have a model x 75d built in the spring 2017 that has been uncorked