Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50 2275226 is out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went from 2017.42 to 2017.50 this morning on an S w/ AP 2.0. I got a failure notice on my phone and in the car, but the phone and car also indicate they the new .50 firmware installed.

This was my experience too - the installation ran for an hour plus last night and then all the screens went black for about an hour. Opened the door and things came back to life with a message to the effect "Update complete - verifying". Eventually everything finished, but it said the update failed. I rebooted, and at that point, everything said 2017.50 - so I assumed... it actually succeeded. Have yet to put any miles on the vehicle after updating.

Interesting to read about the failures here. Could Tesla have already pulled this update?

I got a notification on my phone at about 2:00 this morning telling me that an update was available on my Model X.

I went out to the garage this morning to initiate the update but there was none showing on the car. I've never seen that happen before.

If there were lots of problems with failing updates, did they just pull this one back?

I think they did pull this update. I also received the "Software update is available" notification at 2:52AM this morning and when I went to the car, there was no alarm clock to schedule the installation.
Interesting,
Tesla service vehicle just left my house after doing a minor adjustment on my car. I asked him if he could push the 2017.50 update to my car. He said something like my Vin # was not eligible for that service update yet. Only eligible for 2017.48 which I alreay have. I did see 2017.50 on the top of the list on his laptop. So either they are slowly rolling it out or they have suspended the rollout.

Add me to the list. Middle of the night notification that there was an update. My MS currently has .46. At about 10am EST I went to the car and it powered up like normal. No update dialog box, etc.. It seems that those of us that had a similar experience dodged a bullet?

I just got off the phone with Tesla Support - they confirmed many calls today on failed 2017.50 updates. I don't know if anyone is actually negatively impacted by the failure though. In my case, even though it displayed a post-update failure, the car is showing 2017.50 and all appears fine today. For me, they said not to worry - no car impacting affects. They said it is a known problem and they have notified the team that will need to make the fix. That team apparently doesn't work over the weekends normally so don't expect anything until early next week it sounds like.

For those hoping 2017.50 fixed the streaming music issues... no such luck. Support confirmed it's still an issue they are working to fix. From what they said, it's "a provider issue - the provider changed something that's breaking Tesla's use of the service".

• Informative
Reactions: Gt1948 and BerTX
The bug with this firmware seems to be disabling drivers assistance, including tacc, auto highbeams etc. It does seem to install with the updated easy entry feature working. My hope is that this is a hint of an EAP feature...

Happy to see that notifying 24h Tesla service get them to react and pull this update. Notifying them works!

Reactions: TrevTremaine