Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50 2275226

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can simply asked the SC to pull your logs as well, as I have done on numerous occasions, but they won't share them with you, so it kinda defeats the purpose unless you can tell them exactly what your looking for and what problem it's causing / seeing.

Tesla has a process in place to fetch car logs from your car (don't even need to be local - they can do it OTA). Whenever you can convince them or a ranger to then give you a copy - I don't know.

The vehicle logs you mention are in an obfuscated binary format. Even if Tesla provided the logs to the user, the user would have no idea how to read them (without substantial reverse engineering of the format).

The vehicle logs you mention are in an obfuscated binary format. Even if Tesla provided the logs to the user, the user would have no idea how to read them (without substantial reverse engineering of the format).
No-no, they can pull /var/log/syslog, there's a bit different procedure for this. I know they can because they just did it on my car last week.

(additionally some car services upload these logs to the mothership preemptively from time to time too).

• Helpful
Reactions: apacheguy
I just emailed support with the date, times, etc. of the update download fiasco. I asked them specifically how big the package was, why it took several hours to download (issues with the car?), and whether or not there could be other problems with either the server or the vehicle.

I'll keep everyone updated....

Good luck with that. They’ll sooner tell you to bring the car in and they will side load it for you.