Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any mention of ZEV credit transaction earnings?
upload_2017-8-2_16-36-36.png

I am genuinely short 350 shares at an average price of $351. But I am really lucky there, see above.
I knew the deposit was $1000. I was unaware that there was a limit of 2 per customer - so between you, and your significant other, and your mom and dad, you would only be able to reserve 8 TM3s. Which is really a no-lose proposition since the deposit is refundable - specially if you live in California.

I am doing my best not to be a troll. If I'm right and the 99% here are wrong, I won't be here making fun of you when you reach the Kübler-Ross depression stage (after denial, anger, and bargaining, but before acceptance.) I have the potential of $123,000 in profit and limitless losses at stake here, so clearly I'd like to hear the other side of the story - the Model S is a great car and Elon Musk is a genius, does that justify a $53 billion market cap for TSLA - Musk said he didn't think so this weekend. Why is everyone here so sure?

How's that short taste?

Listening to the live ER conference call.

OMG am I hearing better audio quality!? Could it be!? Did they actually listen to an advice?

Oh crap. Nope. Elon's talking and it's all broken up. Audio worse than EVER ARRRGH

Actually the audio was very clear for me this time. I heard every word, no problem. But yes, they are obviously aware of the audio quality because they were going to use a new set up this time around, but alas it didn't work so they went back to the old set up.

Reactions: MP3Mike
It wasn't the new system. But maybe you all need to check your own listening devices, because I could hear the call crystal clear. Every word.

Yes, the malfunctioning system that was nuked just prior to my quoted post was the new system. Considering Tesla's moderator couldn't hear those words, you did not, either. ;)

To be fair, it's highly unlikely this rate will continue through 2017. It will drop off a bit after the delivery event buzz dies down. But looking a year from now, the reservation rate may have returned to 1800/day. It does show the demand is there though. :)

I disagreed with you with the thumbs down based on principle, but I actually agree. It would be awesome but that pace is not sustainable, but I think a high rate will be with model 3 in the wild. Sorry, not sorry.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden
Model 3 will be generating more cash than Tesla can possibly deploy even if they built ten Gigafactories simultaneously. Please, just do the math.

Given the guidance, Model 3 will generate $5+ billion of annual gross profit, operating expenses will be flat, and each Gigafactory takes ~$500m per year, and even smaller at initial years.
You're not taking into account Elon's ambitions. Imagine the things that he is planning of which we have no idea.

You are betting that he cannot find a use for that much money?

Status
Not open for further replies.