Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go ahead and place you on ignore now, because as so many have pointed out, your posts are just useless.

However before I do, know that you are incorrect. A large portion of the delays from the original date we on purpose and happened because S did so much better than expected. The doors and seats (you cherry picked to leave out any comments about the seats causing delays, cause that's what you do) added about 6 months of delay.

I won't miss your posts, I certainly won't miss trying to educate someone with the conversation skills of a brick wall with a hole shaped like a mouth. You truly are among the worst of our generation, and people like you are so much to blame for people's inability to learn, to handle disagreement, and to generally get along. I sincerely hope you become a better person at some point though I admit that it's more for others than for you.

Bye Felicia.

InsideEVs.com, Forbes, and myself. All dumb liars. And you the enlightened one.

Hmmm.

Looks like there is nothing to talk about here in this bull chamber :) So many replies to a simple post.

A simple post filled with so much misinformation :rolleyes: I guess you'll never figure out that the quality of your content is the issue, not that you have opposing views.

Since apparently you can't figure out a simple solution for your home charging situation I'll help you out: Outside 240V outlet. I installed one on the side of my house for about $50 and an hour of my time, including drilling through concrete block. Of course this solution may not appeal to the "can't do" attitude of the bear mindset.

Actually, it's more efficient to group large numbers of superchargers instead of distributing them.

Assuming 30 2-stall SCs, 50% occupancy and 30 min average charge time:

If you arrive at 2-stall SC with both stalls already full, you have to expect 0-30 min wait time. If you move to the next SC you risk the chance of it getting full just before you arrive yet again.

In case of a single 60-stall SC you could plug right in. And if it's full there should be 2 cars leaving every minute.

Right, I said better and not more efficient. The issue is prevalence and visibility. We dont need a McDonalds store every two miles in a region, we could have one big one every five miles in a metro area. Consumers want to feel like if one thing is not available right here, that thing is found nearby as a backup. Consumers generally are not interested in efficiency. Think of those of us who live as two people in a large home with a nice vacation home sitting idle most of the year but the HVAC continues to keep temperatures within a range. Or how much food we overeat. Or throw away. When I roll my garbage out weekly and see my neighbors have mounds more of their garbage, I find efficiency is thrown out the window. If EVs will be taken seriously, it comes with gluttonous overdeployment of infrastructure. At least in the USA.

Reactions: Sudre and erthquake
Outside 240V outlet. I installed one on the side of my house for about $50 and an hour of my time, including drilling through concrete block.
ditto -
for my son's place while visiting.
Total cost was $42.50 plus my time.
I did it to pay for his beer I was drinking,
so I took half a day
to make it pay
for a whole case
(which was also why it took so long - it was especially recursive, if you get my draft :p)

Last edited:
Right, I said better and not more efficient. The issue is prevalence and visibility. We dont need a McDonalds store every two miles in a region, we could have one big one every five miles in a metro area. Consumers want to feel like if one thing is not available right here, that thing is found nearby as a backup. Consumers generally are not interested in efficiency. Think of those of us who live as two people in a large home with a nice vacation home sitting idle most of the year but the HVAC continues to keep temperatures within a range. Or how much food we overeat. Or throw away. When I roll my garbage out weekly and see my neighbors have mounds more of their garbage, I find efficiency is thrown out the window. If EVs will be taken seriously, it comes with gluttonous overdeployment of infrastructure. At least in the USA.

This is a good point. However, stations with only a few stalls won't become viably convenient for drivers until charge times are significantly reduced.

Reactions: GoTslaGo
oops
Trump got nearly $1 million in energy-efficiency subsidies in 2012
Bidness is Bidness

My Bold
"
The Trump White House has wasted no time in targeting pro-climate policies, freezing energy-efficiency standards finalized during the last days of the Obama administration. Its "America First Energy Plan" makes no mention of renewable energy or energy efficiency, and it is focused on fossil fuels.

But in 2012, Donald J. Trump, the businessman, played a different tune.

That year, Mr. Trump finished securing almost $1 million in energy-efficiency incentives and low-interest loans from New York State to fit a Trump-branded residential tower in Westchester County with eco-friendly fixtures, state records show.

"I strongly believe in clean energy, in conserving energy, all of that — more than anybody," Mr. Trump is quoted as saying in a fact sheet about the project, at Trump Tower at City Center in White Plains. As part of the project, a state-of-the-art power system that recycles energy was installed.
"

• Informative
Reactions: ggies07 and DrJohnM
Yes, the extension cord heats up slowly and eventually the breaker trips.

I use one of these (Camco 55194 50 AMP 15' PowerGrip Extension Cord) plugged into a NEMA 14-50. Never a problem. I'm sure it would work fine plugged into anything less powerful too. Using an extension cord that gets hot and trips the breaker is stupid and dangerous.

Last year I had the builder of my brand new home install in the garage a 220-240-volt outlet with the Tesla recommended NEMA 14-50 socket and connected to a circuit breaker in the basement.

I was charged $295.

In some localities such an installation in now required for brand new homes. If not, as in my case, simply order your builder to include such an item.

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
1,000 Workhorse Group W-15 Plug-In Electric Pickups on Preorder - Motor Trend

Workhorse-Group-W-15-Plug-In-Electric-Pickup-rendering.jpg

Test drove the Model X in San Diego on Friday.

What a work of art! Front windshield is phenomenal! Cars is so firm and sturdy and built like a tank. Liked it better than my Model S.

They only had one Model X in whole facility, which they keep for test drives. All others were SOLD.

I understand concerns regarding the difficulty in engineering the doors. But please go drive the X. In my mind there is nothing like it.

That "tesla needs billions for EV gas stations" article really blew my mind in how off target it was because I've been surprised how little I even use the superchargers.

First of all, as well all know, if you are not doing trips, you are charging at home. There is zero need to charge during the day when you plugged in at night and wake up to a "full tank"

Then, surprisingly, if you are doing a trip within say 200 miles, there is little need to stop at supercharger. Why? Because I've found most places I've been going to have EV chargers. If your destination has a charger, and you are within 200 miles, you just don't even need to stop at supercharger.

For example, even one time I thought I'd need a supercharger for a day ski trip, they had a couple of Tesla chargers in the parking lot.
So I skied the day, got off the slopes, came back to a full tank and headed home. Passed by 2 superchargers on the way back, with no need to stop. Got home with 20% left, plugged in for the night.

So thinking that Tesla is going to need all this money to build out superchargers to the amount we have gas stations doesn't understand what is like to have an electric car. Electricity is everywhere. And rather than have "filling stations", you will just have home chargers handling 90% of the supply, destination chargers handling 8% leaving superchargers handling the final 2% (probably at the amount of rest stops on highways and that's it) (aka, no local road EV "gas stations" needed).

The norm will not be gas stations as we know them.

It will be home chargers (easy, we already have dryer plugs).
It will be destination chargers (easy, we already have electricity everywhere)
It will be super chargers (easy, you really don't need that many, and only need on highways)

And as technology improves, that 250/300 miles in your tank right now, will become 500/600... and who knows, maybe even more.
(While gas, in tank, stays limited to "it is what it is")

So the even the need to fill up at a "station" decreases over time.

Will more superchargers, or more charging bays at current ones, by needed as there are more EVs. Of course.
But will the need be at the current level of gas stations? Of course not.

These analysts are just proving they are just smart shorts trying to push things down anyway they can...
or just really dumb guys who should not be called analysts of the EV market because they don't have any clue.

So call them shorts, or call them dumb, just don't call them analysts.

Wasn't sure on where to post this. I wanted to know if any one can provide any additional color with respect to the Put/Call ratio on 04/07/2017 very bullish then on 04/13/2017 very bearish.

Am I reading this correctly?

View attachment 217246
View attachment 217247
The graph glitches out sometimes. Still showing a very similar max pain 252.5 vs 250. I think its misrepresentation of the data on the graph, but the max pain number is still taking the average and is probably accurate.

Just to make sure I understand, would a lower max pain mean the amount of calls outweigh puts, therefor 252.50 ---> to 250 means sentiment is more bullish for that week over week scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.