Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything we can spot from the RC video? Elon is a master - 6 seconds of video which will be analysed frame-by-frame for anything we can ID.

Right off the bat, I see gloss black paint, confirming this is indeed a fourth Model 3 chassis.
It does indeed have the new style mechanically simple but still aero handles.
Some of the nose geometry and tail geometry seems a bit different.
Looks very similar to last year:
Black-Tesla-Model-3-Side-Sunset.jpg

Reactions: Drax7
This also seems a counter-intuitive decision to me - we all thought highly-optioned and therefore high-margin cars would be coming first. No P at launch seems to run against that.

I think they are aiming to keep initial production as simple as possible. Also, the "P" versions push the limits of battery/drivetrain technology so I expect they require more engineering/testing. This is all about minimizing complexity to get the launch up and running as trouble-free as possible. I really, really like this!

I think they are aiming to keep initial production as simple as possible. Also, the "P" versions push the limits of battery/drivetrain technology so I expect they require more engineering/testing. This is all about minimizing complexity to get the launch up and running as trouble-free as possible. I really, really like this!
They mean business and business means $$$$$$$$$$$

Reactions: WarpedOne
It feels like Elon is setting us up that the first Model 3 from the line will only be one actual hardware model with the only options available to the customer beyond paint those that are software locked (Autopilot primarily). I actually very much like that plan.

This makes all kinds of sense. Here's what I think the options will be:

Paint
Tires
Roof type (solid, glass, moonroof)
AP on/off
Battery size
Interior combination

That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.