Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This appears to be the exact sitting arrangement for the Trump tower meeting in December, not the White house meeting that just happened. Safra Catz did not attend the Jan 23 meeting.
Please provide a link for your clip if I am wrong. Otherwise, you are confusing people by posting a clip from the Trump Tower meeting 40 days ago, in response to my comment about the white house executive meeting on Jan 23.

Here's a photo of the most recent meeting that I just saw on Electrek

1800x-1-e1485460384238.jpg

https://electrek.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/1800x-1-e1485460384238.jpg

It's fuzzy, but I'd say it looks more like SpaceX than Tesla, especially given the size of the last letter.

• Informative
Reactions: mmd

It's fuzzy, but I'd say it looks more like SpaceX than Tesla, especially given the size of the last letter.
Pretty sure this line of discussion is of no consequential value.

Its not like Elon is two people. Whether he's listed as SpaceX or Tesla for any given meeting matters not, because he is representing both everywhere. The missions of the companies are largely aligned, albeit in completely different arenas. As manufacturing employers in America, both have a lot in common.

Last edited:

Its not like Elon is two people. Whether he's listed as SpaceX or Tesla for any given meeting matters not, because he is representing both everywhere. The missions of the companies are largely aligned, albeit in completely different arenas. As manufacturing employers in America, both have a lot in common.

No no, don't you see, this is crucial information which mmd is using to trade on. Clearly TSLA is going to crater if Musk's ID card says SpaceX instead of Tesla.

Ahh how could I have missed this detail! The one with the facial hair is Elon's evil twin. Elon has been secretly replaced!

Edit:

but the one that went to the WH on Monday doesn't appear to have facial hair:

Time to go deeper into the rabbit hole...[/QUOTE]

It's the clone. It's how he does as much as he does and manages to be so many places.

Reactions: JRP3

I tend to agree. I debated whether to post it, but I'm a stickler for accurate information. Since the original discussion wasn't moderated, I just wanted to try to set the record straight.

Elon tweeted in response to people suggesting that being involved with the Trump administration is costing him credibility.

How insane.

He's simply playing the cards we've all been dealt the best way he knows how. Remember - to Elon, more important than Tesla or SpaceX is the longevity of the human race. Tesla and SpaceX are simply a means to that end. Tesla and SpaceX don't matter if there is no world left for them to improve and backup.

Another thought I just had about the long-term picture -

As Tesla continues to dominate the markets they choose to compete in, other competitors will die, and in a few years once the cash is flowing freely, we could easily see Tesla start to become an acquisition machine. Why build a factory from scratch, when you can take them off the hands of your dying competitors for pennies on the dollar?

Reactions: WarpedOne
If your head of autopilot program is working on company time for someone else, no wonder that AP2 is struggling to meet initially set goals. Hopefully the set back is only for a short time.

He was a "non-technical" leader of the program. But yeah, that probably slowed them down a bit. Good news is Lattner is almost certainly a better leader/manager of programming talent.

Reactions: TMSE and erthquake
The 100D price discrepancy internationally - in Canada at least - is resolved.

100D now represents a price premium over 90D of $4300CAD, about $3250 USD at today's exchange rate.

Basically, the price of non-100D models in Canada went up about 2.5%.

And how was that resolved? Did they lower the price of the 100D or raise the price of the 90D?

• Funny
Reactions: vgrinshpun
agree with this- If you're projecting major economic regression (sever recession or worse)- even moderate recession but prolonged;
Local income producing real-estate is excellent and much better than cash (outside of your living requirements of course).
I believe volatility risks are high currently (coupled with very high P/E in securities)- but I'm not in the cataclysmic camp. Positive yield curves and other counter measures are currently contrarian to that imo. Never-the-less I've done well using real-estate as a good investment Put that doubles as a Call. I treat it like an investment spread that provides backstop to strong higher risk TSLA (and other).
my 2c
FWIW, my query was slightly rhetorical. I am not long cash, and am almost evenly divided between equities, several categories of debt instruments (all high yield) and real property. It's quite a long way for me to reduce my US risk below it's present 50%. I may make some modification to my US tax strategy, but it's even too soon for me to do that.

I am quite worried, and every day seems to give new reasons, but most of those seem very likely to benefit one part of my portfolio while harming another.
If Mr. Trump follows up on China threats the consequent boom in Brazilian exports of soy, beef, corn and other products will greatly increase the value of some of my assets.

Now we wait and see...

Bolt MSRP $37,500 - $7,500 = $30,000. (Never mind that there are reports of dealers adding a $5000 "Market Adjustment" to the pricetag).

Model 3 MSRP $35,000 - $7,500 = $27,500.
This is simple math.

There are no "reports". It was a one-off mistake that has been corrected quickly. See this thread, and check Glendora's website directly.
Chevy Bolt - 200 mile range for $30k base price (after incentive)
McRat said:
I finally went to their site, and as far as internet sales, it appears to be MSRP.
Here's a window sticker on a loaded Bolt Premier with optional paint:
Glendora Chevrolet is a Glendora Chevrolet dealer and a new car and used car Glendora CA Chevrolet dealership.

I'm quite curious as to how you could reach this conclusion. Demand is obviously very strong, as they posted record S and X VIN assignments in Q4 and so far about 4,000 S VINs and 4,000 X VINs have been handed out in the first 3 weeks of Q1 (i.e., 16,000 S VINs and 16,000 X VINs, total of 32,000, if trend holds and there's 1 week of downtime - which would be another record).

No reason for deliveries to be down, especially given the huge overhang.

As far as I can tell, there aren't any production issues and AP2 issues have been sorted. If you have heard differently I'm very interested in learning.
One simple question : Do the inventory cars need VIN assignment? If yes, then VIN assignmet may indicate production, but not demand or customer deliveries. IMO, Tesla is not production constraint for a long time now. Focusing on that is a mistake.

Thanks. I think I saw this picture in Mike Knoller's tweeter feed, but couldn't read it. May be, Peter Thiel has advised Musk to show up as the SpaceX guy from now on :) Also noteworthy, that the day after (Jan 24), Trump's meeting with US automakers didn't include Tesla, the 4th US automaker. BTW, how many employees does SpaceX have in US vs. Tesla? I always thought, Tesla is much bigger than SpaceX.

On a side note (first and hopefully last political outburst from me): Trump is f***** moron. There are many non-US companies that have more employees in US and produce more stuff right here. Excluding them from his meetings is plain stupidity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.