Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no he does not
typically he tells you when to buy and when to sell and he is uncannily accurate with I suspect a prediction rate of more than 80 to 90 % correct if not even better
the guy is a total whiz at TA and charts
he made $40 million from $10K between 1998 and 2000 and then he again made millions in google in 2005 to 2006 and then tons on FB
it's funny I met him in 2015 and he was talking about buying 400,000 shares of FB casually like you and I would talk about buying 1000 shares of TSLA
I really do not know why he is not a billionaire

So successful and he has to charge $1700 for course and $100/ month.
Wonder what motivates him. Surely not money.

it is a paid newsletter I think I am paying approx. $100 or so a month
just google Dan Zanger and you will find his website called Chart Pattern.com
i'm a huge fan I took his two seminars
it cost $1700 per person for a day but was totally worth it
I always wonder why the people that can charge that kind of money bother with educating other people. If whatever they teach actually works, they could make a lot more money by using their knowledge rather than selling the transfer of their knowledge. My conclusion is that whatever it is they teach is less effective than they claim.

I know! I know! He talks about his successes but not about his failures.

If I base my predictions on random squiggles, half the time I'm a genius. Let's just talk about those times.
I agree I did that and discovered I'm better at sock picking than Warren Buffet or George Soros. Sadly, I did some of the others too. Luckily I still have been correct more often than incorrect, by a small margin.

I always wonder why the people that can charge that kind of money bother with educating other people. If whatever they teach actually works, they could make a lot more money by using their knowledge rather than selling the transfer of their knowledge. My conclusion is that whatever it is they teach is less effective than they claim.

In case of TA though, more people follow your advice, more accurately your predictions will work ;)

Could be all the more reason to share the knowledge.

I agree I did that and discovered I'm better at sock picking than Warren Buffet or George Soros. Sadly, I did some of the others too. Luckily I still have been correct more often than incorrect, by a small margin.

Frankly, Warren Buffet is not a very fashionable guy. My apologies, but being better than him at sock picking is not an achievement in my book.

Thanks! Of course. I was being as least annoying as possible, but I'm a very curious fella and was asking all sorts of stuff.

Take this with a grain of salt, and also note this is coming from installers in OR.

Regarding solar roof. It's going to be a long time before it's available in OR. The regulations and codes here are more strict than CA. This is what two of the three electricians said. One of them has been working for Tesla for 8 yrs. They are on a need to know basis, and so they know just about as much as we do regarding solar roof.

Regarding Powerwall 2. Demand is bananas. Long backlog. They noted a lot of existing PV system owners want to add a powerwall. No powerwall with our system yet.

I overheard some of the other installers talking about reaching certain reward levels depending how many installations they complete (month or quarter, didn't hear that part well). Rewards range from credits for powerwalls, PV systems, and cars.

I asked if they knew of anyone wanting to install a powerpack in their home. None to their knowledge.

SP up nicely today. Always good to see. Icing on the cake on a day like today.

I wanted to follow up on this post. Inspector came today. All is good with our system.

I was asking him about standards and regulations, specifically NEC. Because the electricians told me OR has stricter requirements than CA, but if you look at the NEC adoption map, they are both at NEC 2014. OR is in the process of implementing NEC 2017. That could be the difference, but the inspector said that each state will pick and choose what they want to enforce from the NEC standard. So even though two states may adopt NEC 2017, the actual enforcement of the details can still vary. I digress a bit. Here's the useful info. The inspector said that the standards are written based on the product design specifications (i.e. the product companies drive the standard requirements). Traditional solar is still so new, that the standards are changing because companies are coming up with better designs. The solar roof is so brand spanking new that Tesla literally has the opportunity to write the standard for a solar roof.

He also said he inspects at least 3 systems a week in Clackamas county. There are 7 inspectors for Clackamas. Tesla is the largest solar installer in the US (can't remember their market share)... there's a small data point on TE growth.

C'mon 360!!

So after months of being bearish on TSLA
the great trader and legendary chartist Dan Zanger has turned bullish on TSLA and believes that TSLA is forming a small base ready to launch up on ER with a TBA $360
Dan Zanger for those who don't know is the absolute top technical trader in the world and one of the all time greatest traders on the entire history of stock market trading. I don't have enough words to praise his expertise
This is a highly thrilling news to me!
Shorts r in deep deep trouble!!!
How many months? Did he miss one or both of the recent spikes to ~$380? You can either draw the conclusion that he's not that great, or the SP is going to be higher than the $380's.

My opinion is, not advice
that if the M3 production is not good and if the issues are not resolved by the Q3 ER the SP will take a substantial hit.

When the production hits ~2k per week with no obstacles to 5k per week the SP will jump.

If the TA reflects those things now it will be accurate, otherwise IMO for now it's nonsense.

How many months? Did he miss one or both of the recent spikes to ~$380? You can either draw the conclusion that he's not that great, or the SP is going to be higher than the $380's.

that if the M3 production is not good and if the issues are not resolved by the Q3 ER the SP will take a substantial hit.

When the production hits ~2k per week with no obstacles to 5k per week the SP will jump.

If the TA reflects those things now it will be accurate, otherwise for now it's nonsense IMO.

Could you please define what you mean by "substantial?" Thanks.

• Funny
Reactions: BornToFly

While this is true to a degree, you also have to consider many people enjoy teaching, you become like a mini celebrity among your followers and you can also make a good amount of money with no volatility. But i agree with your sentiment as a general rule, just that there can be some exceptions.

I've never fired a poor-performing employee who admitted as much. Like ever.
Exactly. I attended a company meeting soliciting employee feedback. Someone complained that the company rarely gave out exceptional evaluations or compensation. That struck a nerve because about 20-30% of the people present voiced agreement with that complaint.

I started laughing and said to the person next to me "most of the people here think that they are exceptional".

no he does not
typically he tells you when to buy and when to sell and he is uncannily accurate with I suspect a prediction rate of more than 80 to 90 % correct if not even better

the guy is a total whiz at TA and charts
he made $40 million from $10K between 1998 and 2000 and then he again made millions in google in 2005 to 2006 and then tons on FB
it's funny I met him in 2015 and he was talking about buying 400,000 shares of FB casually like you and I would talk about buying 1000 shares of TSLA
I really do not know why he is not a billionaire
That's better than your results (so far) with your charting. It sounds like you would make more money by dumping your TSLA and following his newsletters advice.

If the TA reflects those things now it will be accurate, otherwise IMO for now it's nonsense.

Well in defense of TA, the market can predict the future sometimes. So I look at TSLA on the daily and see an ascending triangle that wants to breakout above 360. When it does, it might well be that it was due to the NHTSA registrations going to 3000, or VIN 1100 or something. TA people will see the TA being validated, fundamentalists will see it being based on news. It can be both. The chart was in wait and see mode, getting tighter and tighter for the inevitable news item.

Status
Not open for further replies.