Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Days like this remind me why I decided to never seriously leverage again, and more importantly, why is that a good decision for me. With my (only) 102% exposure to TSLA, I'm cool as a cucumber, and ready to ride it down to $250 if needs be (hope not!!!)

I'm likely to increase my exposure to 110% between now and $300 if I have opportunity.

For anyone confused and thinking I'm saying two different things, long time ago I used to be 200% and more exposed to TSLA through options

Days like this remind me why I decided to never seriously leverage again and more importantly why is that a good decision for me. With my (only) 102% exposure to TSLA, I'm cool as a cucumber, and ready to ride it down to $250 if needs be (hope not!!!)

I'm likely to increase my exposure to 110% between now and $300 if I have opportunity.

For anyone confused and thinking I'm saying two different things, long time ago I used to be 200% and more exposed to TSLA through options
Model X -- Deja Vu .. All Over Again ;)

Well, the Model X experience filter might prove to be the right way to respond to the current Model 3 hell. Who knows. It could be an outlier. But, it is definitely smart not to leverage beyond comfort. It's just not worth it. I'm still learning about my comfort zone. I can say I'm cool as a cucumber some days and other days, not so much. I'm not emotionally purchasing stock on dips like I used to, but I am getting pretty leveraged at this point so that an additional huge prolonged dip would be very painful. I think that's probably the case for most of us investing in call options though. I remain VERY confident a deep and prolonged dip (ala Model X ramp) will not happen at this time for Tesla.

Reactions: everman
Well, the Model X experience filter might prove to be the right way to respond to the current Model 3 hell. Who knows. It could be an outlier. But, it is definitely smart not to leverage beyond comfort. It's just not worth it. I'm still learning about my comfort zone. I can say I'm cool as a cucumber some days and other days, not so much. I'm not emotionally purchasing stock on dips like I used to, but I am getting pretty leveraged at this point so that an additional huge prolonged dip would be very painful. I think that's probably the case for most of us investing in call options though. I remain VERY confident a deep and prolonged dip (ala Model X ramp) will not happen at this time for Tesla.

Yes, based on all we know and has been said this should not be like a Model X ramp. Given that they haven't been any new deliveries for Oct - best hope is that a new batch is released at end of Oct.

Someone had made a comment earlier, than during the Model X ramp, the assembly line was stopped, tuned and iteratively improved. So best case scenario is for that to play out here as well.

myusername is a bear, a bit stubborn and set in his own way, but I've found bits of interesting technical insights, more than most. Whenever he's not rallying with conspiracy theories about manipulation, or even when he is.
My point is, for you who pay attention to technicals, I think there is value in checking his posts.

His/her post you quoted is the only sane thought I've seen that individual convey. There may be hope for him/her after all.

myusername is a bear, a bit stubborn and set in his own way, but I've found bits of interesting technical insights, more than most. Whenever he's not rallying with conspiracy theories about manipulation, or even when he is.
My point is, for you who pay attention to technicals, I think there is value in checking his posts.

Don't want to dig through a whole coal mine to find a gem, so for me there is really no value ;)

Real or just old photo rehashed?
Instagram post by ELECTRODRIVE • Oct 26, 2017 at 4:11am UTC
upload_2017-10-25_21-36-46.png

My delivery window has moved since last time I checked (a week ago ish?) used to be Oct-Dec 2017, now is Nov.-Jan.

A one month delay is implied, no big. I bought two more j19s today, three days in a row I've done that now.
I hope this is a sign that they have confidence that they will be able to hold the Nov-Jan window, otherwise moving it back again will look really bad.

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
My delivery window has moved since last time I checked (a week ago ish?) used to be Oct-Dec 2017, now is Nov.-Jan.

A one month delay is implied, no big. I bought two more j19s today, three days in a row I've done that now.
Mine is still Oct - Dec: Midwest Tesla owner reserved first day after noon.

Status
Not open for further replies.