Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who heard audio on the clip might have noticed, EM is chair dancing to Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" song.

Johnny Cash Lyrics - Ring Of Fire

I think this is one of those 1134 moments. Our initial interpretation was that it was great news, but we sobered up to realize it meant hell.
My interpretation as well, this is just how they go through hell, keep going, drink, eat smores, and be merry

Not immediately but he only does this type of posts within 30 day window of report. Look at sp after those reports

Not always, IMO.

However, let us say your opinion on EM's tweets/etc. are 100% correct. How do you read this latest Instagram? Positive/Negative and based on that what will the SP be within that 30 day window?

Reactions: MitchJi
Many here have been talking about the 'short squeeze'. Unfortunately for all of us longs it appears that we are having a 'long squeeze' insteado_O.

Personally, I have not sold a share or closed a J19 position in months but seems many people are...:eek:

Edit: Spelling: Thanks @Lessmog

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: MitchJi
Many here have been talking about the 'short squeeze'. Unfortunately for all of us longs it appears that we are having a 'ling squeeze' insteado_O.

Personally, I have not sold a share or closed a J19 position in months but seems many people are...:eek:

Those who repeatedly buy high sell low should spend that money in Las Vegas. At least they can have some fun with the money.

This stock game is quite simple and enjoyable if you follow a sound plan. Keep some shares for long term, don't touch them. For the trading portion, set a max size target, buy low, gradually increase size as the stock goes lower. Don't gamble. Then reduce size as it goes higher. Repeat in the next cycle.

If you start to read the FUD and believe them, then sell at a loss, soon you will be buying again when the stock reaches a high point.

Last edited:
Oh, I get it !
Elon posting picture of a fire and the Stock is on sale => its a fire-sale !!! :cool:

There is a tent in the background. We all know what that means. I think they are working as fast as they can to solve the bottlenecks. I believe what they said: there are no fundamental issues, but takes some time.

I appreciate them and this is the kind of company I want to stay invested for the next 20 years.

Those who heard audio on the clip might have noticed, EM is chair dancing to Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" song.

Johnny Cash Lyrics - Ring Of Fire

I think this is one of those 1134 moments. Our initial interpretation was that it was great news, but we sobered up to realize it meant hell.
I disagree, I don't think you party like that with your employees and post in on Instagram while you are in the middle of hell. It would look to terrible when you had to fire two of them a week later. From Ashley Vance's book, I get the impression that while things are going poorly, Elon is very busy putting an extreme level of pressure on his employees to make it right. On the other hand, if you feel that you have just made it through production hell, and are now feeling like a "Band of Brothers," getting drunk and singing about it would be appropriate. We will never know, but I would not be surprised if this video was taken the night of the sloth tweet/ sunset tweet, when Elon was on the roof of the Gigafactory. He might have been sitting on the video until the batteries aged, tested, got assembled into packs, and were on their way to Fremont. I think we are going to get good news on the Model 3 at the earning call.

I disagree, I don't think you party like that with your employees and post in on Instagram while you are in the middle of hell. It would look to terrible when you had to fire two of them a week later. From Ashley Vance's book, I get the impression that while things are going poorly, Elon is very busy putting an extreme level of pressure on his employees to make it right. On the other hand, if you feel that you have just made it through production hell, and are now feeling like a "Band of Brothers," getting drunk and singing about it would be appropriate. We will never know, but I would not be surprised if this video was taken the night of the sloth tweet/ sunset tweet, when Elon was on the roof of the Gigafactory. He might have been sitting on the video until the batteries aged, tested, got assembled into packs, and were on their way to Fremont. I think we are going to get good news on the Model 3 at the earning call.
It's hard to tell, but it looks like he is wearing a very similar dark sweatshirt in the sunset picture, and the campfire picture. In the latter it looks like he has a dark coat with buttons over it?

• Funny
Reactions: Intl Professor
It's hard to tell, but it looks like he is wearing a very similar dark sweatshirt in the sunset picture, and the campfire picture. In the latter it looks like he has a dark coat with buttons over it?

I cop to being waaaay OT much of the time. But reading buttons for stock insight? Try tea leaves or entrails of a goat next time.:D

Edit: Duh. I get it, gobsmacked by sarcasm again.

Last edited:
Excerpt from today’s MarketWatch article: here’s what to expect from Tesla’s earnings

Revenue: The FactSet revenue consensus is $2.94 billion, which would be down from $2.30 billion in the same quarter last year. Estimize is projecting revenue of $2.97 billion.

Down? How dumb can someone be... ugh

Tesla earnings: Model 3 production, demand under the microscope

I agree.

It's "bad form" to post a happy whiskey cheering video unless things at GF are going better on the Bottleneck front

If things aren't going good and you wanna drink and blow off steam with employees as a motivating tool, then don't post the video.

However, to AIMc's point, these tweets don't correlate well to SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.