Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Roadster Founder cars will sell out in days and I expect thousands of regular Roadster deposits within a very short period of time as well. And I disagree it's a distraction. It's branding that just vaulted Tesla beyond every other ICE supercar builder, in every conceivable way.

Imagine what that will do to cash flow and bottom line for Q4, if it turns the quarter profitable that will make short work of the bears :p

The problem is we aren't shown the actual TCO calculation, only Tesla's answer, with some unknown assumptions, and known ones that don't reflect current reality (7c electricity). I am confident that large orders will not be placed based on just that. Placeholders, yes, but bulk orders, heck no.
Elon mentioned that they were guaranteeing the electricity price, because they would be generating it themselves with solar and storage.

Elon mentioned that they were guaranteeing the electricity price, because they would be generating it themselves with solar and storage.
And I'd like to see the calculation of how they can guarantee they can produce it for that, especially as on demand power. Maybe they will get there, but it's a prediction, and where will the locations be, how many of them, etc? It looks good as an advertisement to get the conversation started, but not solid enough to commit millions of dollars for a trucking company.

I think premarket for today is going to underestimate the day's performance of the stock.
You may end up being right, but so far, it has been closer to what I predicted. Big jump as the Tesla bulls got so excited about the reveal, and then back to reality that this story is still built on the 3. It could go back up in a big way, but I'm not surprised by the early jump and then return to earth.

Reactions: CorneliusXX
This is exactly how TSLA traded after the solar roof event - opened higher, then sold off all day as analysts reported that there wasn't enough information on gross margins, costs etc. Apparently they don't know the difference between a public product unveiling and an investor/analyst conference.

• Informative
Reactions: jeewee3000
Status
Not open for further replies.