Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that Tesla usually trades opposite of oil. But i dont get why. Wouldnt higher oil prices mean more expensive gas? I guess it could mean higher dollar value, which can be bad for an auto exporter like Tesla. But long term, lower cafe standards and higher oil prices should help drive people to Solar/EVs.

Edit: One issue that solar has is that the better it gets, the worse it gets. Meaning, Solar is helping drive down nat gas prices which makes the value of the solar less and forces the solar to keep getting better. I think this is a great effect, but it can make it hard for solar providers. If Oil/nat gas goes up that should help solar affordability.

I highly recommend the thread on Shorting Oil Hedging Tesla. It contains some of the best analysis I have seen on these subjects.

Thanks, I will. I actually think oil is going much higher in the next couple of years as the economy heats up.

We would love to hear your thinking along these lines @Reciprocity (over in the Shorting Oil.. thread). I see so much supply, reasonably flat demand, and increasing ability to substitute renewables for fossil energy world wide, that I see oil going much lower in the next couple of years. That doesn't make me right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.