Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you take a short position, post your trade to generate some discussion? You can keep taunting everyone as Tesla rides all the way down to 0.

Every share you short is a year of mommys allowance so you will be rich quick.
It is funny that you quickly assumed that I am short. Take it easy dear! You have no idea how long I am in this stock. :rolleyes:

It is funny that you quickly assumed that I am short. Take it easy dear! You have no idea how long I am in this stock. :rolleyes:

When the last site you visit before TMC is the TSLA Stocktwits board you tend to come in irritated. :)

Bears need to hibernate until at least the following conditions are met:

1 - M3 Complete flop
2 - Weak guidance for Q17/Q18
3 - Shareprice below 250.

When the last site you visit before TMC is the TSLA Stocktwits board you tend to come in irritated. :)

Bears need to hibernate until at least the following conditions are met:

1 - M3 Complete flop
2 - Weak guidance for Q17/Q18
3 - Shareprice below 250.
For the last time I tell you, I am not a bear and I never short any stock. I am crazier than the craziest bull on TSLA. I am not on Stocktwits either. Happy now?

Is it too hard for you to be respectful and considerate?

So what happened today team tsla?

Was it all the sudden noise on Waymo? Anything else I missed?

I guess we should look forward to welcoming our new GOOG overlords. Think how amazing the Model X would look after the Ecto-2 treatment.

Attachments

• D069AE21-B2FC-4866-A42F-5D8F8BB6D4D8-6139-00000AB8A4B40D27.jpeg
    D069AE21-B2FC-4866-A42F-5D8F8BB6D4D8-6139-00000AB8A4B40D27.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 71
Govt to Tesla: No local sourcing required for manufacturing in India.

New Delhi: The government today clarified that US-based electric car major Tesla will not have to source local components if it plans to set up a manufacturing unit in India.

The government responded to apprehensions expressed by Tesla founder Elon Musk that the company would have to source a certain percentage of local components to set up plant here.

The commerce and industry ministry through its 'Make in India' Twitter handle stated that the foreign direct investment (FDI) policy does not mandate any such minimum sourcing of components by manufacturers.

It appears that in order to be able to open stores in India and sell cars there Tesla will need to open a factory in India. If they do, there is no limitation on the sourcing of parts.

In a visit to the company's plant last year, Minister of Road, Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari had offered Tesla land near major Indian ports to facilitate exports to South and South East Asian countries while asking the company to make India its Asia manufacturing hub.

I wonder about Google.

Don't know how to process...

I don't see minivan buyers as early adopters of self driving, so for personal vehicles that is almost the empty set.

Their mapping stuff is good, but little IP around it. Not quite a paper tiger. They are smart, will fall in holes from giant blind spots, but have enough money to keep going. Weak concept of the customer.

Uber model, who pays for the cars? Big empty minivans running around empty. Another empty set. ICE is offensive to the people who would embrace it, millennials. Self driving such a big vehicle, maybe boomers in wheelchairs?

Tesla should gap them because they go out of their way to not serve empty sets.

I bought the car in 2014, then became an investor. If I have to drive an ICE car for a day (e.g. a rental on trip) I feel extremely uncomfortable and HATE the experience, can't wait to get back into my Tesla....
The Model 3 will open up the market for millions of people to experience the same as what I experienced in the past 3 years. That will change the market possibilities forever. This is what you are not getting.

I think this is a great point and a bigger catalyst for the SP than autonomous driving or Tesla Energy in the near term.

I personally have never driven a Tesla (making do with my BRZ until M3 arrives) but so many other Tesla owners echo what ZsoZso wrote. My bet is that when the mass market gets a taste of the EV technology (and not gimmicks that we see from other auto companies), a lot of retail investors will be drawn into investing in TSLA.

Holding my core Tesla on the hope that M3 will be to the BMW 3 series/Benz C class what MS was to the 7 series/S class!

Govt to Tesla: No local sourcing required for manufacturing in India.

It appears that in order to be able to open stores in India and sell cars there Tesla will need to open a factory in India. If they do, there is no limitation on the sourcing of parts.

I'm very confused by this India thingy and it apparently weighed on TSLA somewhat

Why is India placing restrictions at all on tesla selling cars in India? Factory or parts sourcing seems excessive.

Why not just let their consumers buy one if they want one

Sheesh

I'm very confused by this India thingy and it apparently weighed on TSLA somewhat

Why is India placing restrictions at all on tesla selling cars in India? Factory or parts sourcing seems excessive.

Why not just let their consumers buy one if they want one

Sheesh

Confusing article. Starts off saying no local sourcing needed, then ends by saying:

Quote:

If a foreign company wants to open wholly-owned single brand retail stores in India, it has to mandatorily source 30 per cent of the value of goods from India.

End quote.

Given Tesla's sales model, it seems that it would have to comply with the last paragraph of the article. Hence Elon's hesitation.

To answer your question, India and China have the 1 billion customer/consumer position. Thus they feel they can dictate who and what can sell in the country since there is significant demand to sell there, due to the potential available customers (imagine if everyone in India or China bought your product and you can walk home with a 1 dollar profit per customer...heck I'd be happy with 10 cents per customer).

Also, IMHO, there is a strong history of rent-seeking bureaucratic tradition* in both countries... accepted as the norm.

*also known as bribery, I will make it small so as to not offend those who are easily offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.