Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time understanding the action this week. The longs that were smart and picked up shares after the drop to the 320 range aren't going to be selling. The weak longs all sold during the drop. Over 6 million shares today traded hands today. To buy and sell little dips seems like a waste of time. With so many shares sold short, I am starting to wonder if much of the activity each day is from new shorts selling and older shorts covering, with a daily rinse and repeat.

Yes, I think that's exactly what's going on. Shorts are selling heavily, usually early in the day to try to set the trend, then covering somewhere near the bottom. Much safer and smarter to day trade this way then to hold for a possible huge long term move.
And maybe day - traders are getting in on the dips and then locking in gains at end of day. End result is stalemate... and mid 320s?

Reactions: neroden
Facebook is already +40% year to date, and Netflix 48%.
Tesla is 52% with a huge launch coming in, whereas the other 2 companies are doing the same thing for the last decade.

People just don't appreciate value :D
And YTD AAPL is up about 30% with only updates to existing product lines, no new products that I'm aware of. And I don't think they will be reporting a 40 - 50% increase in sales for the year.

Facebook is already +40% year to date, and Netflix 48%.
Tesla is 52% with a huge launch coming in, whereas the other 2 companies are doing the same thing for the last decade.

People just don't appreciate value :D
Another way to see it is that this potentially means that even after Tesla's success becomes obvious, maybe by the 5th GGF, there will still be another decade of double digits PPS growth. :D

And YTD AAPL is up about 30% with only updates to existing product lines, no new products that I'm aware of. And I don't think they will be reporting a 40 - 50% increase in sales for the year.
Apple biggest money making machine in history of world trading at severe discount to overall market valuation. Good reason for them to be up.

Reactions: mutle
Apple biggest money making machine in history of world trading at severe discount to overall market valuation. Good reason for them to be up.
Yep, I'm quite aware. :) Just pointing out that the usual troll arguments don't always apply to companies similar to Tesla, though AAPL is definitely further along in its development history.

Status
Not open for further replies.