Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNBC
JUST IN: Tesla Motors changes name to Tesla, Inc. • $TSLA
2/1/17, 9:18 AM
Hope there is a press release in the oven, already baked - (Andrea James, where are you?). Something to the effect that Tesla is expanding its disruption from its automotive roots and now pursuing world domination. You know...understated.

Hope there is a press release in the oven, already baked - (Andrea James, where are you?). Something to the effect that Tesla is expanding its disruption from its automotive roots and now pursuing world domination. You know...understated.
Make The World Great Again

Guess we're now posting on the TC Forum?

Here's the Filing
Tesla - Current Report

• Funny
Reactions: Skryll and dhrivnak
There were 176k shares available for shorting at Fidelity at 8:00am, 102k were borrowed pre-market. Interest rate steady at 2.5%

Snap1.png

Just to clarify, all references that were included in the table (both Business Insider and Value Walk) have the same primary source, S3 Partners, a firm that is among other things analyzing short interest. I am following them for a while, and they are a legitimate source.
apologies to you then. I'm just extremely suspicious of VW, again, thank you for your hard work for a very old curmudgeon

Interestingly teslaclub.com redirects to tesla.com :)
Does that mean a new type of sandwich is in our future? Or are they getting into the golf market?

Changing the name of the company reminds me of Apple, Inc., who used to be Apple Computer, Inc. to begin with.

On the subject of earnings report... bit worrisome that we haven't seen a date yet. We're well over a week beyond the point the announcement was made last year. I'm sure it's not a matter of freeing up time for Elon to do the meeting... that happens all the time! I wonder if more complex financials following the Solar City acquisition are in play.

As to no ER date announced yet.
Probably is the complication added of SCTY acquisition/financials

My aluminum foil cap/conspiracy theory: Looking at a Cap Raise potential. If we see one before the ER then ER will be less than stellar. If none before then the ER is considered good/great by EM and Wheeler and we get one after the subsequent SP run up after that ER.

My aluminum foil cap/conspiracy theory: Looking at a Cap Raise potential. If we see one before the ER then ER will be less than stellar. If none before then the ER is considered good/great by EM and Wheeler and we get one after the subsequent SP run up after that ER.

What if there will be no Cap Raise?:)

I hate to say this, but I think I'm ready to cange my short-term strategy from "following the trend" to assuming we will be flat and range-bound for a week or two.
I'm pretty frustrated with the move I made this morning, thinking that all the indicators (SMA bullish crossover, pattern matching the days leading to Jan 4, the channel from Early Dec) were pointing to a decently up day today.

• Informative
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
I'm pretty frustrated with the move I made this morning, thinking that all the indicators (SMA bullish crossover, pattern matching the days leading to Jan 4, the channel from Early Dec) were pointing to a decently up day today.
Papafox pointed out something in his daily trading thread:

"
What's particularly noteable is the method of trading. On the one hand, we no longer see the slow climb which is indicative of big institutions buying in.
"

Things have fealt a bit different since early last week when we all noticed the rate of SP increase getting faster than normal, followed by softness later in the week.

I'm thinking I'll assume sideways action until proven otherwise, and ER will be the next driver.

Edit: nothing wrong with a bit of sideways, I don't mind it.

Last edited:
I think so too.

Decent theory. I am personally quite sure no cap raise before Q4 ER. I'm not sure whether they'll do a cap raise after that, and I don't know whether it would be stock or bonds. *Personally* I would issue long-term bonds just as soon as Wall Street is reassured of the financial stability of the company, and use them to refinance a whole bunch of the short term stuff. I expect interest rates to go up in the next couple of years.

Interesting. From the VINs reported, Tesla seems to have 4 Model X they're using for fully-autonomous testing.

The thing is, that characterizing it the way that yahoo article does, SHOCKER, is biased against Tesla.

On 550 mi of reported testing, Tesla had a fairly high intervention rate compared to Waymo/Google's cars (which had many more miles).

That's misleading, though, because this is omitting Tesla EAP Level 2/3 testing.

Interesting. From the VINs reported, Tesla seems to have 4 Model X they're using for fully-autonomous testing.

The thing is, that characterizing it the way that yahoo article does, SHOCKER, is biased against Tesla.

On 550 mi of reported testing, Tesla had a fairly high intervention rate compared to Waymo/Google's cars (which had many more miles).

That's misleading, though, because this is omitting Tesla EAP Level 2/3 testing.
I find it interesting that a large majority of the incidents occur on wet roads on Oct 14, 15, 16th.

Maybe somebody was trying to work out a bug and ran a few hundred miles in adverse weather to see how it handles.

Status
Not open for further replies.