Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean Jimmy or Warren? I should go read some Jimmy Buffet again. I did buy shares and hold them long term after due diligence as Warren suggests, but I think Warren rattled plenty of nerves on this board when he was on the opposite side of the fence from Solar City/Tesla and the future of Nevada residential solar/distributed grids/and cogeneration. He may have been rougher on our stock price than Bob Lutz ever hoped to be. But I certainly agree that closing anywhere above the ATH and near 300 is in the 'no worries' zone for me

Reactions: neroden
Today was a bear raid on a bad day for the broad market. Seriously, why the heck would Bob Lutz, and the CEO of Ford speak about their view about Tesla on the same day?

On the same day random articles are published asserting Tesla has a corporate governance problem,with the authors questioning the rational behind SolarCity?

Everyone already knows Lutz (who for some reason owns an Electric Truck company) has said since day 1 that he has no faith in Electric Vehicles. Bob Lutz has also said he believes Climate Change is a hoax, and famously told Neil Degrasse Tyson that he thinks he knows more than him.

Bob Lutz is a Shill for hire.

Didn't Elon mention orders for Tesla Solar will begin soon (some time in April?). Anyone hear anything about a particular date?

Today was a bear raid on a bad day for the broad market. Seriously, why the heck would Bob Lutz, and the CEO of Ford speak about their view about Tesla on the same day?

On the same day random articles are published asserting Tesla has a corporate governance problem,with the authors questioning the rational behind SolarCity?

Everyone already knows Lutz (who for some reason owns an Electric Truck company) has said since day 1 that he has no faith in Electric Vehicles. Bob Lutz has also said he believes Climate Change is a hoax, and famously told Neil Degrasse Tyson that he thinks he knows more than him.

Bob Lutz is a Shill for hire.

Didn't Elon mention orders for Tesla Solar will begin soon (some time in April?). Anyone hear anything about a particular date?

They already started. They quietly updated the website. It blows my mind that nobody brought this up. Anyway, this week is NYIAS so shorts will probably make their bear cases after seeing some cars

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
I think the true reason is simply that those who wanted to buy Tesla simply have finished their transactions. Basically all the people that got interested and impressed by Tesla deliveries record have finished to buy TSLA.
The second round will be at the post ER.

But for now, the first round is finished I think.

I think the true reason is simply that those who wanted to buy Tesla simply have finished their transactions. Basically all the people that got interested and impressed by Tesla deliveries record have finished to buy TSLA.
The second round will be at the post ER.

But for now, the first round is finished I think.

I'm of the opinion that traders who jumped ship did so to play the dip. Once we get closer to ER and the bottom has been marked and climbed beyond, they'll be back.

I'm of the opinion that traders who jumped ship did so to play the dip. Once we get closer to ER and the bottom has been marked and climbed beyond, they'll be back.

Judging by the fakenews stories flooding all channels (parking lots at tesla story comparing stock price of one share of tesla to one share of gm directly, bob lutz et all, and my banker friend telling me 'overpriced compared to GM, sell sell' it is time I am going to buy it all the way down to the next rally :) Bought my first small position today, hoping to buy more tomorrow at a lower price, will keep doing that

Without macros, I'd have zero concerns about TSLA technicals currently

Macros are my concern currently

Last year started with a nightmare (China and Oil). dragged tesla down with it

Since I'm essentially unleveraged (a few DITM calls), if we get another dip to $150 like in early 2016 *based on no specific bad news about TSLA* and only due to miscellaneous macro stuff, *then* I am levering up at the bottom. There is no way I will get that lucky, right?

I will remind people that a drop from $31.30 to $29.68 in a week is large enough to be commented on, but is not remotely unexpected for a high-volatility stock, and TSLA is certainly high-volatility. People are just acting funny because of the number $300.

This *is* the take-profits-to-pay-taxes week in the US. Also, some technical traders claim that "gaps up" tend to get retraced backwards and then passed again.

Anyone remember the dip from $190 to $122 in 2013-2014? Big deal for short-term traders, I'm sure; I was off doing something else.

Since I'm essentially unleveraged (a few DITM calls), if we get another dip to $150 like in early 2016 *based on no specific bad news about TSLA* and only due to miscellaneous macro stuff, *then* I am levering up at the bottom. There is no way I will get that lucky, right?

Back to $150?! Ummm... No

That would require an enormous macro selloff... Annie get yer gun...

Tesla is gearing up to launch Model 3 in July and by next year will have significantly higher sales. This'll drive analysts PTs higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.