Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
38FCAC0F-922E-409F-80ED-7C0553C32D29.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: EinSV and Skryll
Mind truly blown by both the truck and the Roadster. Now I hate to be a party pooper, but I was hoping a squadron of Tesla's most vital product, the Model 3, would be disgorged from the trucks. Followed by an announcement that the bottlenecks had been cleared. The Roadster is so Maximum Plaid it really deserved its own reveal event. So, I feel a little like a squirrel drawn to a new shining object while the vehicle that will truly determine Tesla's fate is apparently still climbing its way out of Dante's Inferno.

Ok, sorry, I had to go there. I'm truly optimistic, but I'm sure the FUDsters will exploit that issue. What else do they have now?! Now back to marveling, staring and drooling and wondering if I've made a grave mistake by setting my limit order too low at $1000/share!

I feel so poor for someone who makes or loses $1 on any given day in TSLA
So maxed out on stock and calls that no money left to put in for a roadster reservation
Sad but true
You can't find $250k in your sofa cushions for a Founders reservation? Get a second job.

Could the "short squeeze" actually happen tomorrow?!?.... :eek:
No. The stock won't go up much if it all. Might go down. For the semi, Tesla did not talk about partners or customers, and building the thing will be considered impossible without a capital raise. It's all just a speculative press release. For the Roadster, 2020 is far away, it's a rich guy's toy, and we're looking at more distractions from actually manufacturing the Model 3. Nothing here for shareholders.

Meanwhile, here in Tesla lust land, if I can find an order button for that Roadster I'm on it! I bet they're sold out of founder models right quick. Hardcore smackdown indeed! Sports car and drag strip fans can all hang their heads in shame over the crap they've been satisfied with since forever.

No. The stock won't go up much if it all. Might go down. For the semi, Tesla did not talk about partners or customers, and building the thing will be considered impossible without a capital raise. It's all just a speculative press release. For the Roadster, 2020 is far away, it's a rich guy's toy, and we're looking at more distractions from actually manufacturing the Model 3. Nothing here for shareholders.

Meanwhile, here in Tesla lust land, if I can find an order button for that Roadster I'm on it! I bet they're sold out of founder models right quick. Hardcore smackdown indeed! Sports car and drag strip fans can all hang their heads in shame over the crap they've been satisfied with since forever.

He said that people in attendance had already put down deposits for the semi.

If I'm reading this correctly, the founders edition roadster requires the entire $250k price paid now to reserve. And they're accepting 1000 reservations. That's potentially $250 million.

And they're charging $50k to reserve the base model.

They could have launched it on Kickstarter. The timing of this is probably another ‘derisking’ of the Model 3 ramp.
The 200k is not much more than a Model S Performance. Anyone with a P will want this. I want this and I don’t have a P.

What if they put up a Semi Truck counter tomorrow and the number just rolls like a snowball down a cliff? I'm pretty sure I heard Elon say something about already having Semi customers. For sure they were working with trucking companies to come up with what was important to them in a truck - like that virtually unbreakable windshield that's going to save trucking companies a lot of money.

The Roadster Founder cars will sell out in days and I expect thousands of regular Roadster deposits within a very short period of time as well. And I disagree it's a distraction. It's branding that just vaulted Tesla beyond every other ICE supercar builder, in every conceivable way. You can go 0 - 60 in 1.9, have company in the car with you AND luggage.

The Model 3 is being made. It will ramp. Perhaps by distractions you meant the shorts will be distracted. I hope so because one of these days not too far in the future the 3's will be flying out of Fremont and I want all those shorts to get it in the buttocks.

If I'm reading this correctly, the founders edition roadster requires the entire $250k price paid now to reserve. And they're accepting 1000 reservations. That's potentially $250 million.

And they're charging $50k to reserve the base model.
As I mentioned in the other thread, people were saying Tesla would do another capital raise... we just witnessed the capital raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.