Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 New England Super Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dan - did you see the construction or is this just intel you are aware of? Any photos?
The mall posted the news on their Facebook page a couple times, no pictures though. Last time I was at the mall a few weeks ago their was a section right next to the main entrance where they were working, i'm assuming that's where they are building the superchargers. I don't have any pictures, although I don't remember seeing anything other than a few storage containers, equipment, and dug up asphalt.

The mall posted the news on their Facebook page a couple times, no pictures though. Last time I was at the mall a few weeks ago their was a section right next to the main entrance where they were working, i'm assuming that's where they are building the superchargers. I don't have any pictures, although I don't remember seeing anything other than a few storage containers, equipment, and dug up asphalt.
"Construction begins today for 14 Tesla Supercharger Stations. In 2017 Tesla owners will be able to recharge in the parking lot near our main entrance. Construction is expected to be complete in February." Taken from the mall's Facebook page on December 19.

As a southwest CT resident, I'm sort of glad there are any superchargers in such a small state - particularly one that prohibits Tesla from selling cars. Sure more superchargers are better, but I really don't see the need for more locations in CT, except to handle capacity as there are more cars. I'm pretty sure you can make a round trip anwhere in the state using just superchargers in a MS60. I don't think there are two places in CT that are more than a 150 mile drive apart.

My first stop going to ME in my S85 is Seabrook (or Auburn if really cold out). Going to VT I go to Brattleboro (or West Springfield if really cold).

As a southwest CT resident, I'm sort of glad there are any superchargers in such a small state - particularly one that prohibits Tesla from selling cars. Sure more superchargers are better, but I really don't see the need for more locations in CT, except to handle capacity as there are more cars. I'm pretty sure you can make a round trip anwhere in the state using just superchargers in a MS60. I don't think there are two places in CT that are more than a 150 mile drive apart.

My first stop going to ME in my S85 is Seabrook (or Auburn if really cold out). Going to VT I go to Brattleboro (or West Springfield if really cold).

Being in N. Central MA, I'm pretty sure that when I go south to VA, I can make it beyond Greenwich if it's nice out, to Greenwich if I'm driving fast, and maybe Hartford if it's really, really cold.

It appears they've changed the 2017 map again.

From what I see, MA will be well-covered. It looks like the outer Cape will be getting a SC.

A dot that looks to be South Shore-ish, maybe Rt 3 on the way to the Cape? (definitely SE of the current Dedham location)

And then a dot that seems to line up North and slightly East of Auburn, but only SLIGHTLY east. Based on that, it may be the Leominster-area that we had speculated about further up in the thread.

The NY/NJ/CT area will be well-covered soon as well.

A SC in or near North Conway, NH.

And what looks like the far northern stretch of 91, approaching Canada (Jay's Peak-ish area?)

I'll leave the map skills to someone else. But it looks like we'll have plenty of coverage in cold-weather months.

Reactions: Jurnimon
It appears they've changed the 2017 map again.

Hi ModelNforNerd

Here is a comparison of Tesla's web site for NE from December 14th to today. Appears to be pretty much the same.
You said Tesla appeared to change the map again so just wondering what you were thought was different?
thank you

Supercharger map comparing Dec to Jan.PNG

Trumbull is way too close to Milford so highly unlikely. Will probably be Danbury.

That said one along the merritt parkway would be nice as opposed to the milford one on 95

Look at how close Greenwich/Darien (and even Tarrytown, NY) are. They all serve different major routes, Greenwich on the Merritt Parkway, Darien on 95 and Tarrytown serves 287/87/9/9a and the Saw Mill Parkway. A Trumbull site, in addition to the Milford Mall site at or near the Trumbull Mall makes sense because they would both serve different routes.

Also -- Danbury Fair Mall would be an excellent location. I heard Tesla has actively been looking in the Danbury area for some time now. Across the street in the shopping center where Whole Foods and Panera are would be a great as well. I know this Whole Foods has a couple level 2 chargers also, so not sure if the property owner would be interested.

Remember -- at the time Tesla was looking into the West Hartford area, the owners of West Farms mall did not agree a Supercharger would be beneficial to their businesses. So, Tesla built one across the street at the Corbin's Corner shopping center. Danbury has many other options for locations as well.

They can also look a few miles down the road -- Brookfield, CT (just east of Danbury) also has many shopping centers where a Supercharger could be built. Also, exit 19 of 84 in Brewster, NY, there is a shopping center with an Applebees, Dunkin' Donuts, Kohls, Home Depot, and a few other shops and restaurants. While Danbury/Brookfield would serve mostly people heading west on 84 to 684, Brewster, NY could serve people heading east on 84 to 684.

I going to need to start commuting 1-2 days/week to that area soon. A supercharger at what amounts to my midway point would be ideal (Hooksett is a bit too close on the way out, and a bit too far on the return trip in the winter). There's a (free?) Chargepoint Chademo near the Lowell/Tewksbury line that could be useful.

There's a pair of Chargepoints at the office, but at $1/kWh, I'm not biting.

I going to need to start commuting 1-2 days/week to that area soon. A supercharger at what amounts to my midway point would be ideal (Hooksett is a bit too close on the way out, and a bit too far on the return trip in the winter). There's a (free?) Chargepoint Chademo near the Lowell/Tewksbury line that could be useful.

There's a pair of Chargepoints at the office, but at $1/kWh, I'm not biting.

That area makes a lot of sense for a Service Center or one of the newly-announced Delivery Centers.

Either way, if it happens, hopefully there's a Supercharger involved that's available to the public.