Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.2 0eddd23 detected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, that it is going on a variety of no-AP/AP cars if that gives us any clues. TeslaFI.COM screen below.
FRDEIYB.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: hydro
I’m glad to know that it’s not just me who felt that.
It's really fascinating, I wonder what the explanation is, but driving from SF to Vegas I actually found .50.3 navigating more curves correctly compared to .48. So for me it's been an overall improvement. It still seems not willing to make quick or sharp enough of turns in some cases but .48 was a lot worse in that regard for me.

But I'm not denying that elsewhere, people have been reporting .50.3 is a regression in these exact situations.

Reactions: boonedocks
It's really fascinating, I wonder what the explanation is, but driving from SF to Vegas I actually found .50.3 navigating more curves correctly compared to .48. So for me it's been an overall improvement. It still seems not willing to make quick or sharp enough of turns in some cases but .48 was a lot worse in that regard for me.

But I'm not denying that elsewhere, people have been reporting .50.3 is a regression in these exact situations.

Part of what makes it difficult to tell is that different people came to 50.3 from different versions. I had .42 before jumping straight to 50.1, then 50.2 and 50.3, so I never saw .48 at all.

Had an awesome Ranger out to help me with a compressor issue and he pushed the update to my car. Got home, took the 2018-2-0eddd23 update on my S100D which just finished.

After the update, I turned on the heated seats, steering and windshield, left the car, locked it up. Gave it 10 minutes, returned to the car and all 3 (heated seats, steering and windshield warming) options were still on. Nice!

Last edited:
2017.50.3 already doesn't allow wipers to activate unless you are in the car.
I don't believe that is true. I had a problem last week were my car didn't lock after I got out. I was parked in front of a office with a big plate-glass window. I could see that the mirrors hadn't folded, and that the wipers, which I had left set on automatic, were still wiping intermittently in the rain.

• Informative
Reactions: BlueRocket
Disregard my prev post....I'm questioning whether the key was far enough away or if the settings hold for x minutes before resetting. Note: I never use the keep climate feature on and did not do so yesterday when testing.

This morning, all climate features are not on as I would have expected based on what I saw last night. Sorry for the confusion.....

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
Current backup cam on APHW 2.0 and 2.5 is identical to APHW 1.0 Facelift. Same goes with MCU.

Has anyone seen or heard about frozen displays or bad color on APHW 1.0 Facelift cars?

If not, it’s probably nothing wrong or buggy about the camera, camera sensor or harness/wire, but rather the fact that the camera signal is processed by APE on HW2.0/2.5, which it is not on HW1.0 (signal directly to MCU).