Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.26.3 be4b11e update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my car for two weeks and got a notice of a software revision ready to install 2 days ago. I call it a revision since, like many other of my computer devices, it could turn out to be not really an "upgrade". I am on 24.7. What I didn't know was they don't even tell you what version of software is ready to install, as far as I can tell. It just says it should take 45 mins. What? You don't even get to know the version until you hit the install button, much less see the release notes? Everybody just seems to hit the button and hope for the best. Hard for me to be so trusting. Does 26.3 take 45 mins. to install? Thanks for any info.

Finally got it last night, jumping from 21.9. The new features (especially Summon and sound notification on lock) are welcome. I'm glad they fixed the backup camera delay. However, I'm tired of things breaking with every. single. update.

Walkaway lock was working completely flawlessly for me. I got to the point where I never looked back at the car to see if the mirrors folded because it never failed to lock. I enabled the horn honk on lock and the second time I walked away from the car after installing 26.3, the car failed to lock. Mirrors didn't fold, horn did not honk, doors did not lock. Yes, I used the phone key to get in the car, not the key card. Yes, walkaway lock was enabled. It simply failed for the first time.

I lost multiple Slacker favorite stations again, as happens with every update. Fine, I'm used to it by now and added them back. The difference this time is after adding the favorites back, they disappeared again the next time I parked the car. They've continued to disappear after each time the car is parked throughout the day. UI reset hasn't helped.

Maybe a coincidence, but my driver side view mirror failed to unfold after unlocking the car. I've had this happen before, as well as the mirrors not tilting back up when going from reverse to drive, but not for a few months.

• Informative
Reactions: RBowen
Yeah, my car got the update on Saturday. It was right after I got an e-mail response from Tesla Support saying "I should see it soon". Honestly I don't know if it was coincidence that I got the update after the e-mail, or if they pushed it to my car after I made the request. Anyway, for those who are waiting, it might be worth inquiring via e-mail.

Walkaway lock was working completely flawlessly for me. I got to the point where I never looked back at the car to see if the mirrors folded because it never failed to lock. I enabled the horn honk on lock and the second time I walked away from the car after installing 26.3, the car failed to lock. Mirrors didn't fold, horn did not honk, doors did not lock. Yes, I used the phone key to get in the car, not the key card. Yes, walkaway lock was enabled. It simply failed for the first time.

this is similar to the behavior i've seen on my car with walk away lock (i picked it up on monday and it was already on 26.3, so i don't have anything to compare it to). i posted a new thread about it earlier today.

View attachment 320900

View attachment 320901
(Different sketchpad icon)

View attachment 320902

View attachment 320903

The lock/unlock sounds honk the horn briefly. I already know lock state from mirrors folding (or not).
I think it would be most useful for future base model without folding mirrors.
Or people who disable folding mirrors for some reason.
I am on that update but those screens do not show up. When I touch the Tesla T I get a pic of the model 3 and a listing of whatthe latest update I have contains that shows these but they don’t vshow in the lock screen..tried a reset but no help?