Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12.1 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
598B06E1-1AB0-45EF-A4FC-34E63F5CCCCE.jpeg
0B0A14E1-7F8B-451A-8042-A7C0DA049F4A.jpeg
869FE634-D989-485A-AA98-831A0DDFCF3B.jpeg
got the update tonight

major change:
Supercharging up to 150kw
Atari
Better internet browser
Have the option to check software update instead of waiting for a push

My 75D did not have the language in the notes about 150kW peak charging. It only had the section about on-route battery warmup.

Per Electrek, Tesla is going to monitor to see if smaller battery packs can take the 150kW peak.

I've heard other reports from 75D owners who received the update, but did not have the language regarding 150 kW supercharging, giving further credence to Electrek's report of only the 100 kWh packs being able to support it for now. Hopefully 75's can get a least a little bump in the future once Tesla does their validation...

Reactions: Red5StandingBy
75D AP2.0 MCU1 here. Just got and installed the update this morning (remotely). Won’t be able to see it for a couple days, but excited to see the release notes. Agree with @Asterix that our calculus in choosing 75 or 100 would have looked different if we’d known about the charge rate difference. But then again there’s a laundry list of the “if we’d know a” that occurred within the couple years since we brought our X home. Did anyone with the same specs get the update, and see whether Sentry mode is available for 2.0? I read in another thread that there is code for it, so curious if it’s tricking out yet.

Reactions: BlueRidgeksky