Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have movement on mine. Reserved the car from existing inventory, and the request made 8 days ago by my NHS Fleet Management for VWFS to secure the car. The car was showing up as my car on my Tesla account all week, which, going by what the Tesla guys told me was a sign that the RN (or a new RN) hadn't been reassigned to VWFS yet.

I've just seen I'm back to the generic splash page of a Model S, and my app has locked me back out again saying "You have no products associated with this account".

I'm hoping that means that the money is now with Tesla, and the next stage is arranging delivery.

Fingers, toes and eyebrows crossed!!

Hi, I have ordered a M3P through NHS fleet solutions. I currently have a car with them and the contract is up June 20, I wondered if you would advise me through your experience would you be doing anything now to ensure I get the car at the right time. I have spoke to them but they said that they would keep the car until the due date if there was one matched before the contract is up. Thats all they say, I asked them about details for the Tesla app but the said I will get them when they get them.

Hi, I have ordered a M3P through NHS fleet solutions. I currently have a car with them and the contract is up June 20, I wondered if you would advise me through your experience would you be doing anything now to ensure I get the car at the right time. I have spoke to them but they said that they would keep the car until the due date if there was one matched before the contract is up. Thats all they say, I asked them about details for the Tesla app but the said I will get them when they get them.

Hi-I used to work for GMW Trust a few years ago! :D

So this is my first ever lease through SS, though my wife has had one previously (she's a nurse). My experience is as follows:

• Ordered February through Fleet Management/Solutions. Received confirmation of order a couple of days after submitting Docs
  • Contacted the lease company after the budget announcement to confirm the order had gone through in time to beat the OLEV grant being abolished for £50k+ cars. They said that they'd held back on orders until they knew what the budget statement was going to be.
  • Told that I would have to have to be quoted again by Fleet, as the cost would obviously be different. They said they would class it as a new order, meaning my delivery date would also be pushed back.
  • Ordered the car 23rd March, got documents, started waiting.
  • I'd seen on here that people had been reserving existing inventory cars, then transferring them to the lease company (which seems like absolute common sense). I emailed VWFS asking if I had been matched to a car yet/RN. They said "we haven't even placed the order, as we haven't had a signed order form yet" (In spite of me getting an order confirmation). The offending document was sent through to VWFS straight away, and conformation received from Fleet.
  • I phoned Tesla about reserving an existing inventory car and transferring it over to the lease company. They were brilliant, and said, "yes of course". They told me that once the car was delivered, the £100 would be refunded. I asked about what would happen if it turned out I'd already been matched to another car, and they said: "we'll still refund you, and just place the car you reserved back in the existing inventory"
  • Reserved the car, everything showed up on my account and the Tesla App. Fine. Tesla had told me that I would know when/if the car had been transferred to the leasing company, as I'd be locked back out of my app, and my account wouldn't show my car up any more. That happened a couple of weeks ago now. I was told that the turnaround is usually 1-2 weeks between the transfer to lease company, and me getting the car.
  • Last Friday I asked for an RN from VWFS as I'm looking into getting the car transported here myself (but emailed Fleet to try and make contact with VWFS). I was cc'd into an email within an hour saying that Purchasing had been asked if they could provide the number. Got another email this morning saying that Public Sector part of VWFS are still chasing the RN from Purchasing, and will update asap.
I don't know if any of that helps, but I would add that there is apparently some kind of arrangement you can make with your lease company to extend the lease under these kinds of circumstances? I would imagine Fleet would help you make the swap over as seamless as possible?

Just for info-You won't see anything linked to your Tesla app until you either reserve the car, or you're in possession of the car, as under all other circumstances, the car belongs to the lease company until they link the account to you personally (I think I've got that right!).

I've found communications a little frustrating, but I'm also mindful that they're all working on a skeleton crew, and also working differentlyto normal, but I would say that Fleet Management have been great, and Tesla have been superb up to now.

Hope that helps!! :)

• Helpful
Reactions: darkNstormy
Thanks, I’d appreciate that. I’ll do the same in the unlikely event that I get any updates from Tesla.

Thanks for the positive news. I have a M3LR in exactly the same situation! Was due End of March in Edinburgh, last I heard of in Southampton , fingers crossed !

I've just had a call from my leasing company to say they have been given a handover date of the 24th May, strangely thats a Sunday, so he's away to double check but thats what the email says from Edinburgh. Excited!!!

Hi-I used to work for GMW Trust a few years ago! :D

So this is my first ever lease through SS, though my wife has had one previously (she's a nurse). My experience is as follows:

• Ordered February through Fleet Management/Solutions. Received confirmation of order a couple of days after submitting Docs
  • Contacted the lease company after the budget announcement to confirm the order had gone through in time to beat the OLEV grant being abolished for £50k+ cars. They said that they'd held back on orders until they knew what the budget statement was going to be.
  • Told that I would have to have to be quoted again by Fleet, as the cost would obviously be different. They said they would class it as a new order, meaning my delivery date would also be pushed back.
  • Ordered the car 23rd March, got documents, started waiting.
  • I'd seen on here that people had been reserving existing inventory cars, then transferring them to the lease company (which seems like absolute common sense). I emailed VWFS asking if I had been matched to a car yet/RN. They said "we haven't even placed the order, as we haven't had a signed order form yet" (In spite of me getting an order confirmation). The offending document was sent through to VWFS straight away, and conformation received from Fleet.
  • I phoned Tesla about reserving an existing inventory car and transferring it over to the lease company. They were brilliant, and said, "yes of course". They told me that once the car was delivered, the £100 would be refunded. I asked about what would happen if it turned out I'd already been matched to another car, and they said: "we'll still refund you, and just place the car you reserved back in the existing inventory"
  • Reserved the car, everything showed up on my account and the Tesla App. Fine. Tesla had told me that I would know when/if the car had been transferred to the leasing company, as I'd be locked back out of my app, and my account wouldn't show my car up any more. That happened a couple of weeks ago now. I was told that the turnaround is usually 1-2 weeks between the transfer to lease company, and me getting the car.
  • Last Friday I asked for an RN from VWFS as I'm looking into getting the car transported here myself (but emailed Fleet to try and make contact with VWFS). I was cc'd into an email within an hour saying that Purchasing had been asked if they could provide the number. Got another email this morning saying that Public Sector part of VWFS are still chasing the RN from Purchasing, and will update asap.
I don't know if any of that helps, but I would add that there is apparently some kind of arrangement you can make with your lease company to extend the lease under these kinds of circumstances? I would imagine Fleet would help you make the swap over as seamless as possible?

Just for info-You won't see anything linked to your Tesla app until you either reserve the car, or you're in possession of the car, as under all other circumstances, the car belongs to the lease company until they link the account to you personally (I think I've got that right!).

I've found communications a little frustrating, but I'm also mindful that they're all working on a skeleton crew, and also working differentlyto normal, but I would say that Fleet Management have been great, and Tesla have been superb up to now.

Hope that helps!! :)

Thats fantastic,

Thanks very much for the info! Like I said I have a car with them already and two before that, I have had no problems previously, these cars were through the Volkswagen group.

The previous cars have been smooth change overs and deliveries. I know that Tesla works in a completely different way. I have ask fleet but because my car contract is not up till June 20th they don't really say much. I did ask them what if the car was matched like 15 days earlier, they said they would store the car until end of contract date and then deliver it. I think this is unlikely as they are not going to get the car delivered to them and then deliver the car to me. I am worried that the date is going to roll around and then they will start trying to match my car. This would mean I could be waiting a couple of months for the car after my other car contract is over.

There is another question how did you get the name of the leasing company, as Fleet Solutions don't seem to give me any other information (this could be because I am still in contract).

Thats fantastic,

Thanks very much for the info! Like I said I have a car with them already and two before that, I have had no problems previously, these cars were through the Volkswagen group.

The previous cars have been smooth change overs and deliveries. I know that Tesla works in a completely different way. I have ask fleet but because my car contract is not up till June 20th they don't really say much. I did ask them what if the car was matched like 15 days earlier, they said they would store the car until end of contract date and then deliver it. I think this is unlikely as they are not going to get the car delivered to them and then deliver the car to me. I am worried that the date is going to roll around and then they will start trying to match my car. This would mean I could be waiting a couple of months for the car after my other car contract is over.

There is another question how did you get the name of the leasing company, as Fleet Solutions don't seem to give me any other information (this could be because I am still in contract).

Hi, I'm afraid I've no idea about what happens when swapping over from one lease to another with Tesla-I don't know whether the COVID situation is causing a change in thinking anyway. The best thing to do. is contact Tesla-they're really helpful (or at least they have been with me), and I've noticed that every communication they have with me, they're recording the details on the system, and flagging up any issues, or developments on there also (like I've asked for home delivery if possible, being identified as a keyworker etc...).

So with the leasing company, it was on the order form I got from Fleet management-they send you confirmation of the order, with the leasing company and supplier on there (VWFS is both), and it should look like this:

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 20.19.33.png

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

Spoke to Zenith - they re-confirmed that no one at Zenith will approve a delivery/collection to go ahead even if an inventory vehicle is available to be matched given that it would involve non-essential travel to get it to me or for me to pick it up. (Given I'm using a salary sacrifice scheme via my employer and my employer isn't in the essential category I can understand this default response).

Can't argue with their rationale so think it's a waiting game for who knows how long. Here's hoping Boris's plans later this week provide some kind of clarity/easing in this particular area!

I wouldn't have thought it being SS would make a difference but i have a personal with Zen and they have no issues with me getting the car. In fact my contact has been really helpful and is pushing Tesla to get there end sorted so I can.

Seems like the delay for me has been Tesla Enterprise team in Europe. I'm happy to wait as know they likely running reduced staff.

If you could get Tesla to deliver would that change there mind maybe? Either way I hope you can get it sorted

I

I wouldn't have thought it being SS would make a difference but i have a personal with Zen and they have no issues with me getting the car. In fact my contact has been really helpful and is pushing Tesla to get there end sorted so I can.

Seems like the delay for me has been Tesla Enterprise team in Europe. I'm happy to wait as know they likely running reduced staff.

If you could get Tesla to deliver would that change there mind maybe? Either way I hope you can get it sorted

I
Fair enough. Not sure then.

I subsequently decided to read the zenith financials and they have ~700 employees and £400m of revenue - so frankly I'm small fry in the grand scheme of things and who knows what issues/restrictions/policies they have going on. The zenith website itself does say they've got a pause on deliveries/collections at the moment.

Will wait it out till the end of the week and then see whether it's worth resuming nagging.

In any case, the inventory vehicles I could have been matched to are now gone!

I'm due a delivery of an M3P today. Ordered from Inventory 28/2 via salary sacrifice / Zenith. Was due to collect 26/3.
I'm a key worker, but wfh.
Have been saying no urgency, rather front line people were dealt with first. Have been issues as Zenith held deliveries, but as I'm a key worker it seems they can make some exceptions. I do on-call, so always a rare chance of needing to get to the office.
For people who've had deliveries in recent weeks, did they call beforehand? Last contact I had was a week ago, so not really confident it will arrive.

I'm due a delivery of an M3P today. Ordered from Inventory 28/2 via salary sacrifice / Zenith. Was due to collect 26/3.
I'm a key worker, but wfh.
Have been saying no urgency, rather front line people were dealt with first. Have been issues as Zenith held deliveries, but as I'm a key worker it seems they can make some exceptions. I do on-call, so always a rare chance of needing to get to the office.
For people who've had deliveries in recent weeks, did they call beforehand? Last contact I had was a week ago, so not really confident it will arrive.
We had ours delivered on 16th April so a few weeks back but we got our delivery day about a week or so before and then nothing until about he was about 20 mins away.
P.S. Remember to add a photo to the other thread once it arrives. I think everyone would agree that a shiny new car is worth sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jez_GB
I've just had a call from my leasing company to say they have been given a handover date of the 24th May, strangely thats a Sunday, so he's away to double check but thats what the email says from Edinburgh. Excited!!!

I’d be excited too!! Called Tesla and they’ve still not got a confirmed delivery date for me but the person I spoke to gave me an estimate of the 20th May, although he couldn’t commit to this.

Is it just me or do there seem to be an awful lot more M3’s on the road recently?

Tesla rang me about delivery. They said the car was "in transit", but hasn't left London yet, and won't until restrictions are lifted, though he said that this would only lead to a plus or minus 1-2 days difference from the scheduled date. He initially said that the car would have to be delivered to Leeds, as they are only allowing home deliveries to NHS staff, so I informed him that I am an NHS member of staff. I'm able to have a home delivery now, which is great, but I'm at the mercy of these transport restrictions now, whatever they are...

Car has arrived on a trailer, looking almost immaculate apart from the odd dead fly on the bumper. Delivery guy handed the key card over and that was it. Not noticed any issues so far. My wife had an appointment to give blood 10 minutes after delivery, so I've driven here - had to learn controls pretty quickly. But all so intuitive, absolutely blown away
Congrats, just remember to add it as a birthday in your calendar!

Car has arrived on a trailer, looking almost immaculate apart from the odd dead fly on the bumper. Delivery guy handed the key card over and that was it. Not noticed any issues so far. My wife had an appointment to give blood 10 minutes after delivery, so I've driven here - had to learn controls pretty quickly. But all so intuitive, absolutely blown away

putting the pedal to the metal blows lots of things away :)

Reactions: Jez_GB
Well, well...

I just got a collection SMS for next week. Just a little bit excited...

I also got a call, and my fleet leasing page has been updated with a reg number, so looks like it's not a false alarm this time. Managed to get all my paperwork through for the OLEV grant application which I've forwarded to the company who are going to install my charger. That's now also out for delivery so hopefully won't have to charge with a 3-pin for too long.

Reactions: Cyclone1
Status
Not open for further replies.