Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

TMC Forum UK Tesla Model 3 Orders Shared

I was bored enough today (until the Cricket got interesting) to make this summary sheet.

It's a summary of the UK Model 3 orders by users on this forum (The UK and Ireland threads). It is obviously incomplete and I've only been through two of the threads so far to populate it. I will keep going in my spare time.

Some of us may find it an interesting reference between discussions on here. The sample is way too small to be able to draw any proper conclusions, but as many of us seem to want to compare order progress, I thought it might be worth sharing.

Take a look, you might find yourself featured on the sheet.

Feel free to add a comment below with any additions or corrections you may want to make to fill in the many gaps.

First post! Proud new owner of a Blue Model 3 Performance.

Ordered through my employers leasing company, Arval, end of February.
Told to expect June delivery but a week later had a SMS from Tesla with an RN and collection date 25th March from Birmingham.

Then C19 lockdown. So just waited patiently as more important things going on.

Tesla call to arrange delivery to my address with auto transport company for 11th April.

Smooth no contact delivery. Car looks perfect to me none of the issues I’ve read about on here thankfully.

3 pin charger lead was with it but not type 2 so not sure if it should have come with one but have emailed guy at Birmingham about it.

Very happy right now and can’t wait until I can get out and give it a proper drive, just shopping runs for the foreseeable future!!!

Not always possible, you have no idea where the car will reappear for sale, how long it may take before it reappears, it may go to auction which can take a month and that auction may be closed to the general public, and you may well lose any included benefits such a first owner unlimited free supercharging - and while all thats going on you are without a car. . The point was some were saying they were intending to keep the car beyond the PCP and you can be in a situation where thats not practical.. You could try bartering a revised GFV but thefinance company may not be interested as its not how they work and have no interest into getting into bartering otherwise everyone might try and do it regardless of the values.
I was being a bit simplistic. I have been having this discussion at my work pcp vs. leasing, for months. I was trying to say...there is a price to pay for knowing your cars history, no damage, no track days, ppf, ceramic coating, never over charged?, Hand washed, whatever. If these are not important...get the next one that comes along at the " market price"

Are folks still providing their Order Number so that order numbers can be tracked against time? Almost a year ago some clever helpful folk generated some graphs of order number against date. It gave a good idea of the demand for the cars - steeper angle showing increasing demand. I'd love to know what has happened over the last 6 months and in the last few weeks - are many people placing orders?
I realise that such a graph is only a rough indication, it will not reflect cancelled orders, but it would still be interesting.

Are folks still providing their Order Number so that order numbers can be tracked against time? Almost a year ago some clever helpful folk generated some graphs of order number against date. It gave a good idea of the demand for the cars - steeper angle showing increasing demand. I'd love to know what has happened over the last 6 months and in the last few weeks - are many people placing orders?
I realise that such a graph is only a rough indication, it will not reflect cancelled orders, but it would still be interesting.

Bloomberg did a vin tracker type thing but think it’s stopped. There’s been a surge of inventory cars so I presume lots of cancellations and/or few orders being placed. You hear (or heard, less so now due to Covid) stories of inventory orders being delivered within a week but also some waiting and waiting. Seems to be pot luck which is a little disappointing if you’re trying to time delivery for when your current car has to go, say due to end of a lease

• Helpful
Reactions: ElectricJoules
First post! Proud new owner of a Blue Model 3 Performance.

Ordered through my employers leasing company, Arval, end of February.
Told to expect June delivery but a week later had a SMS from Tesla with an RN and collection date 25th March from Birmingham.

Then C19 lockdown. So just waited patiently as more important things going on.

Tesla call to arrange delivery to my address with auto transport company for 11th April.

Smooth no contact delivery. Car looks perfect to me none of the issues I’ve read about on here thankfully.

3 pin charger lead was with it but not type 2 so not sure if it should have come with one but have emailed guy at Birmingham about it.

Very happy right now and can’t wait until I can get out and give it a proper drive, just shopping runs for the foreseeable future!!!
Congrats. Did you receive much comms from Arval after you ordered, or has it all been via Tesla?

Lease vs PCP - just compare the monthly and overall cost over term. A PCP can be treated like a lease because you can just walk away at the end like a lease with no commitment to buy. So go with whichever is cheaper total cost (they seem pretty close at the moment). And if they are close, you may choose PCP if you think there is a chance you may want to own it at the end, and the GFV looks reasonable to you - know if you can walk away if used prices drop and the gfv suddenly becomes uncompetitive. And if the used value doesn’t drop, you have some equity for your next car

I saw on a Frugal Tesla Guy Youtube video that the manual has in capital letters to leave the car plugged in when you are not using it if you can, so during lock down I am doing that.

I am slowly plodding through reading the manual and have not reached that bit yet

I decided to clean my car today. I took delivery on 26 March at Brent X in an indoor car park and my car has just sat on the drive with 12.1 miles on the clock since then. It rained once and put black spots all over it so it needed a clean.

I was very pleasantly surprised to find no paint flaws. I read all the horror stories about the paint but Tesla did a perfect job with mine.

The white paint really sparkles when it’s clean in the sun.
It really does :). It has to one of the best 'standard' colours offered by any manufacturer.

I saw on a Frugal Tesla Guy Youtube video that the manual has in capital letters to leave the car plugged in when you are not using it if you can, so during lock down I am doing that.

I am slowly plodding through reading the manual and have not reached that bit yet

It does say it but don't be a slave to it. As long as the car is between about 40% and 70% (people will no doubt debate the upper and lower limits because people like to argue on here) its going to be happy. There have been a few bugs lately, usually after a software update, where the car has charged past the upper threeshold which you don't want so watch out for that. A reboot has usually cleared the fault but of course you still have a car which could have more charge than ideal

Reactions: AnthonyLR
Just had a hidden VIN show up on my account in the last few days (Ordered 13th March). Is there any significance to this appearing or does it just mean a car that matches my spec has been assigned to my order?

Have a feeling I'll be waiting quite a while yet!

It means a car has been matched to your order. Given the circumstances (no more boats until June, probably longer) then I would assume that the car is already in the UK, and you will be contacted regarding collection at some point soon. If the Government lifts lockdown in a meaningful way in 3 weeks I would expect a deluge of collection appointments to follow.

From what I've seen they're doing contactless deliveries and not pick ups. They were prioritising Key workers but I was under the impression that was more to prioritise them and wasn't an "only key workers" policy
You're right it's not only key workers from what others have been posting, but if you have another party involved (e.g. leasing company) that can put a spanner in the process!

For example, Zenith has put a hold on all deliveries until lockdown restrictions meaningfully change (unless key worker, I believe).

Just had a call from a guy working at the Newcastle delivery office who said my car is done and I can go and pick it up today if I wanted. With the current situation and me not being a key worker I said there’s no rush, so he’s booked it in the diary for next Tuesday for someone to drive it down from Newcastle for a contactless drop off.

I mentioned about the type 2 cables as well and he said they have a huge box of them up there so there will definitely be one included with it!!

Reactions: EVMeister and bhav
Just had a call from a guy working at the Newcastle delivery office who said my car is done and I can go and pick it up today if I wanted. With the current situation and me not being a key worker I said there’s no rush, so he’s booked it in the diary for next Tuesday for someone to drive it down from Newcastle for a contactless drop off.

I mentioned about the type 2 cables as well and he said they have a huge box of them up there so there will definitely be one included with it!!

Nice - hopefully you can find some excuses for "essential travel" when you get it. ;) When did you place your order?

Status
Not open for further replies.