Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a car with a 'birthday' on or close before 3rd July 2020?

After the debacle around insuring a wrapped car, I managed to get an inventory vehicle in the exact config i wanted, and I collect on Friday (yay!) but its DOB is apparently right on the cusp of when the new wireless chargers started - so the tesla advisor I spoke with wasn't sure.

Can anyone confirm or deny - will it or won't it have the wireless charging & USB-C?! o_O

Does anyone have a car with a 'birthday' on or close before 3rd July 2020?

After the debacle around insuring a wrapped car, I managed to get an inventory vehicle in the exact config i wanted, and I collect on Friday (yay!) but its DOB is apparently right on the cusp of when the new wireless chargers started - so the tesla advisor I spoke with wasn't sure.

Can anyone confirm or deny - will it or won't it have the wireless charging & USB-C?! o_O

Probably more helpful if you knew the last 5 digits from the vin or even the first 3 of those 5...

Odd, with just 7 days to go I logged onto the Tesla account page hoping to see if they'd provided a reg number or payment invoice only to find a repeated "Trade-in confirmation" message with an acceptance button. I did one of those ages ago when I started the process in April.
They haven't changed their offer of £2000 and, for what its worth, I'm happy-ish with that so accepted it again.

So far I've been unable to get Direct Line or Churchill to kickstart a new insurance without a registration number so hoping Tesla don't try to leave it until the last moment to tell me.
Being deaf means I cannot "simply" phone up for insurance.
If I can't do it online I have to telephone via UK Relay - best done with a regular PC and keyboard.

So far I've been unable to get Direct Line or Churchill to kickstart a new insurance without a registration number so hoping Tesla don't try to leave it until the last moment to tell me.
If I can't do it online I have to telephone via UK Relay - best done with a regular PC and keyboard.

Im afraid you will have to call the insurance regardless. Tesla won't register your car until the collection day even though they will give you an allocated reg number before. It also means that the insurance online system won't recognise the registration since its not on the database.

Odd, with just 7 days to go I logged onto the Tesla account page hoping to see if they'd provided a reg number or payment invoice only to find a repeated "Trade-in confirmation" message with an acceptance button. I did one of those ages ago when I started the process in April.
They haven't changed their offer of £2000 and, for what its worth, I'm happy-ish with that so accepted it again.

Unfortunately you will need to phone the insurance company anyway as none of their systems will accept the registration for up to 14 days after the car is registered (Churchill nicely informed me that garages have up to 14 days to actually register the car after you take delivery).

Obviously do as much as possible online and then your call is limited to just confirming details and getting them to add the registration number.

As others have said previously if your going with Churchill get them to add “Autopilot” as a modification and your quote will go down.

My LR M3 with sport (19") wheels in silver metallic was ordered as a company car (through leasing company) about 8 weeks ago. As the guy above, got a delivery text confirming delivery by carrier on 9 September. Beyond excited.

Don't have any additional information as have no access to Tesla website or app. No VIN. No registration. No details of delivery slot either. Does anyone know if there is a way I can find this out?

Cheers

In terms of log in - the lease company who manage our company cars used my work email address for the Tesla account. They didn't tell me but i noticed all of a sudden I was getting marketing emails from Tesla to my work email. So I went to the tesla site log in page and did a password reset and logged in that way.

There's very little point in doing so though, as the order details / car details won't be on your log in, they'll be with the lease companies log in. The car won't ever appear on your Tesla.com web page after you've taken delivery. But you can go in there and set up your address, etc. And payment methods after you get the car for future use when Supercharging etc.

You will be able to see your referral code though, which confirms the order is there.

If that 'password reset' doesn't work maybe check in with your lease company directly to see if they can tell you.

As you've probably already read elsewhere, The App log in will be the same as your tesla.com log in, but the app won't show your car until during/after delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.