Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks but unfortunately no stock of my choice:
MSM, LRAWD, White interior, Tow hitch and full auto drive - looks like I’ll just have to wait, would be good to get a 2 week notice once the VIN is given but concerned it may be much shorter notice - anybody know?
If you're not taking an inventory model, you'd probably have a VIN assigned at least 3 weeks prior to your collection as it'll show up in your account when the car leaves California by boat.

Full Self Drive can be added at any time after purchase so unless you want to include the cost in your finance agreement, you may find an inventory model without FSD that you can add to at a later date.

If you order now (not from inventory) I suspect it'll be end of November/Start of December before you get the car.

Exciting times! Let us know if you need any more help.

If you're not taking an inventory model, you'd probably have a VIN assigned at least 3 weeks prior to your collection as it'll show up in your account when the car leaves California by boat.

Full Self Drive can be added at any time after purchase so unless you want to include the cost in your finance agreement, you may find an inventory model without FSD that you can add to at a later date.

If you order now (not from inventory) I suspect it'll be end of November/Start of December before you get the car.

Exciting times! Let us know if you need any more help.

Thanks for that - interesting list of Recommended Accessories you have!

Reactions: Medved_77
Out of interest - how do you know there are no ships until early/mid-Nov? Is this info available somewhere? Thanks
It's the general production schedule of the Factory in Freemont. Cars bound for Europe get built in the first month of the quarter and get loaded onto several ships that start to arrive in the Europe towards the end of the second month of the quarter.

This may change however that's been the pattern thus far.

Once you've ordered follow the 2020 Shipping Movements thread to take advantage of @Mr Miserable 's great wisdom.

Reactions: Arran
It's the general production schedule of the Factory in Freemont. Cars bound for Europe get built in the first month of the quarter and get loaded onto several ships that start to arrive in the Europe towards the end of the second month of the quarter.

This may change however that's been the pattern thus far.

Once you've ordered follow the 2020 Shipping Movements thread to take advantage of @Mr Miserable 's great wisdom.

+1 adding to this, on the Facebook groups. Leasing companies have been saying week 3-4 of November. A bit later than I expected

Hi everyone,

I'm guessing this gets asked a lot here! But I've read the last few pages of this thread and you all seem a friendly bunch, so I'm going to ask anyway!

I'm due a new car lease and I'm about to pull the trigger on the model 3 order.

But I keep seeing talk of a refresh recently. I should really order either during this month or next. Am I good to order now in the UK? Or better off waiting until next month?

I can see talk about the UK potentially being behind other countries, so I thought I'd come to you guys for advice!

Hi everyone,

I'm guessing this gets asked a lot here! But I've read the last few pages of this thread and you all seem a friendly bunch, so I'm going to ask anyway!

I'm due a new car lease and I'm about to pull the trigger on the model 3 order.

But I keep seeing talk of a refresh recently. I should really order either during this month or next. Am I good to order now in the UK? Or better off waiting until next month?

I can see talk about the UK potentially being behind other countries, so I thought I'd come to you guys for advice!
It's quite hard to predict. There's many changes abound not less the uncertainty of whether the UK cars are being made in the USA or China.

If from USA it looks like those made around 8th October have the new changes. Order now and and I suspect you'll get the new revision, most likely arriving early December.

I'm not sure if leasing complicates matters but you can always defer delivery once you get confirmation of how the changes are impacting UK deliveries although it may mean waiting a few more months.

It's a fantastic car regardless, the changes aren't revolutionary and some of the differences can be achieved with 3rd party modifications if desired.

Lastly, for a new order make sure you use a referral code to claim your 1000 free supercharging miles.

Just an additional note. You can see your Tesla Vin a few weeks before delivery. So you’ll be able to tell if you’ve got a 2021 model and delay if not!!

You can indeed see the VIN but Tesla is noted for not respecting a traditional year/model/refresh cycle. They tend to start adding the changes as they go. There's no guarantee that a car with a 2021 indication will have something the 2020 cars didn't have. Also, some 2020 cars may well have some/all of the changes.

Just an additional note. You can see your Tesla Vin a few weeks before delivery. So you’ll be able to tell if you’ve got a 2021 model and delay if not!!

I have just placed an order for a 3 long range this week so obviously some distance from being allocated a car. How easy is it to delay after you get allocated your car if I decide I want to wait until I am sure it is the updated spec? Is it an easy, business as usual thing people do or something out of the ordinary that is not a given?

Thanks for the advice

I have just placed an order for a 3 long range this week so obviously some distance from being allocated a car. How easy is it to delay after you get allocated your car if I decide I want to wait until I am sure it is the updated spec? Is it an easy, business as usual thing people do or something out of the ordinary that is not a given?

Thanks for the advice

Very easy. I was trying to sort out finance back in February and had the text of my collection date and time for the next week. I emailed the centre of pickup, same day & they were happy to put the order on ice for 4 months. Then 2020 happened, but my order has been released as of this morning!

When you do delay, they just ask for a date of when you’d like your order to be ‘released’ aka, put back onto the top of the pile. As if you just ordered that day!

Sorry for asking a really dumb question here but I'll ask it anyway - if you delay, are you saying Tesla give your car to someone else?

Presumably by doing this Tesla run the risk of having unwanted 'old' stock when everyone wants the refreshed model?

Hi

I’ve just registered so be kind.

I’ve just placed an order via Arval salary sacrifice for a model 3 standard in white with no add ons so just the basic model.

I got confirmation from Arval that the order was placed with Tesla today and the delivery date is 5th January 2021.

I was a bit shocked but as it’s Tesla’s year end 31December 2020 what’s the likelyhood that I’ll get it earlier?

Any feedback or opinions would be appreciated.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.