Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect Arval have a standard calc based on their own algorithm plus data from Tesla, and the date will become more accurate as the weeks pass.

12-16 weeks is not a crazy wait, realistically you could have the car in 6-10 weeks.

What you need is your RN (Tesla reservation number) and make sure that Tesla see this as “matchable” from the lease company, and that the lease company have told Tesla it can be matched to a car being loaded onto one of this quarter’s ships.

The next stage after RN is a VIN to be allocated I.e. the matching process needs to happen (a combination of random computer swizzle and some sort of Colonel Sanders secret recipe), then you have a physical vehicle associated to your order - this can change but from that point on you are on the right track.

Once you have your VIN then Tesla will know which ship it’s on, then you can spend 3 weeks tracking the ship, then it’s another 7-14 days from there, and that’s the period when you start getting text messages confirming all the delivery steps.

You can choose to get involved in chasing up all those things or just wait for the hallowed text message of joy if you like surprises :)

Reactions: rockafunked
Cool

am I likely to get the new refresh model everyone is talking about.

arval confirmed they physically placed the order today and there are no cars left in the uk so I’m assuming it’s making its way from the US

what’s the chances of getting the refresh model

Suspect Arval have a standard calc based on their own algorithm plus data from Tesla, and the date will become more accurate as the weeks pass.

12-16 weeks is not a crazy wait, realistically you could have the car in 6-10 weeks.

What you need is your RN (Tesla reservation number) and make sure that Tesla see this as “matchable” from the lease company, and that the lease company have told Tesla it can be matched to a car being loaded onto one of this quarter’s ships.

The next stage after RN is a VIN to be allocated I.e. the matching process needs to happen (a combination of random computer swizzle and some sort of Colonel Sanders secret recipe), then you have a physical vehicle associated to your order - this can change but from that point on you are on the right track.

Once you have your VIN then Tesla will know which ship it’s on, then you can spend 3 weeks tracking the ship, then it’s another 7-14 days from there, and that’s the period when you start getting text messages confirming all the delivery steps.

You can choose to get involved in chasing up all those things or just wait for the hallowed text message of joy if you like surprises :)

This is probably the situation. When I placed my order I was given a date of November and found out later the order hadn't even been placed with Tesla.

The expected November date stayed on my account until the day I collected from Tesla which was almost 3 months earlier than expected date.

It all does seem a bit odd. You’d think there’d be some sort of announcement or change on the website to specify the changeover date. I get the Osborne effect, but in reality some people prefer the current one and would accelerate their purchase. Others could make an informed choice on the new.

currently it seems that there are a bunch of us manipulating the order process to delay ordering or will ask for a hold when we have an old VIN assigned. The reality is people will hold or cancel to get what they want.

also what happens if you want the current car and think you bought that one, then find only new ones are available.

there doesn’t seem to be any inventory on the Tesla site, which would suggest that they have cleared out the inventory and that the current model has been allocated. Or there are more on the way.

all becomes a bit of a headache.
I personally ordered last Monday, held off on Uploading my driving licence until last night. Now keeping fingers crossed for the M VIN.

My nightmare is getting assigned the L and finding out I could have gone with that 3 weeks ago

My nightmare is getting assigned the L and finding out I could have gone with that 3 weeks ago

Perhaps I'm in the minority here but I want what I viewed, test drove and ordered. If it turns up with chrome delete and hubcap like sports wheels then I will be disappointed, probably shouldn't say this on here but I don't think its the best looking car in the first place but its the class leader for a company car EV. I get the Tesla business business model but making material changes to the look of the car after you have ordered it just seems a bit arrogant of them?

I got an email from Tesla saying that my order had changed but couldn't see what had changed. Thanks to SCS8 in the shipping thread I noticed that my car appears to no longer have the chrome trim. New model?

Attachments

• tm3.jpeg
    tm3.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 49
I got the order has changed email today, car in picture now points left with no chrome, original picture had car pointing right with chrome. So that's nice.

What's not nice is the price went up £500 (ordered a while back and declined a match earlier, while thinking about a change in family circumstances - the Y would be a better match now). Might have to have a word on the phone on Monday...

Cheers. That was I'd heard - assumed it would be automatic though. I'd better hurry up and decide, and if I'm going for it get the Scotland interest-free loan paperwork done in good time for the next boat load to arrive. Having the specification boost does sweeten the deal.

Cheers. That was I'd heard - assumed it would be automatic though. I'd better hurry up and decide, and if I'm going for it get the Scotland interest-free loan paperwork done in good time for the next boat load to arrive. Having the specification boost does sweeten the deal.
Good luck with EST, didn't use it myself but heard that transaction is somewhat of a roller coaster.

Glad to hear they'll soon be another Tesla on Scotland's roads, although I did see three other Model 3's on a 120 mile tour round Aberdeenshire today!

Took me almost 3 weeks to get the decision back from them, then lots of paperwork to sign, scan and send back.
Now need to wait on the VIN for the final invoice which also needs to be submitted before they will pay out the loan and been advised that it may be up to 10 days after the final invoice has been submitted before its all
completed.

Moral of the story, complete and submit your application now.

Took delivery of Model 3 last Thursday!

Almost rejected the car, based on there being a defect on almost every panel, but after getting disappointed they actually cleaned it better, and mostly those issues were gone. Still some issues and will need so paint repair/respray to front bumper and rear bumper, but everything else was spot on.

Absolutely love the car. Although it wasn't delivered in the condition I would have liked, I did expect some issues. Love everything about the car, refinement, speed, size etc

Couldn't be happier at the moment.

Reactions: Medved_77
I placed an order via Arval 2 weeks ago and they have just confirmed the RN number.

I called Tesla and they confirmed I’ll be getting the refresh model and it’s currently being made in the US. The shipment is expected middle of November with cars reaching customers last week in November or first week in December.

Apparently a car has been assigned to me.

She went through some of the modifications but no one seems to really know and it was a surprise to them as well. Apparently she said no heated steering wheel and no changes to the glass and no changes to the headlights.

Thanks

I placed an order via Arval 2 weeks ago and they have just confirmed the RN number.

I called Tesla and they confirmed I’ll be getting the refresh model and it’s currently being made in the US. The shipment is expected middle of November with cars reaching customers last week in November or first week in December.

Apparently a car has been assigned to me.

She went through some of the modifications but no one seems to really know and it was a surprise to them as well. Apparently she said no heated steering wheel and no changes to the glass and no changes to the headlights.

Thanks
Heated wheel has been 'leaked' to be in manufacturing in mid-late December. I doubt it will be in Deliveries until Jan-Feb 2021. Interesting about the headlights though; may have been confused as only Europe, Africa and Middle East are to have the new lights. So it might not be noted as a big change.

I just found the changes/updates when I logged on here. I like the new version. I have a RN from my lease company but no contact from Tesla aside from vague assurance that 'there is a big delivery to Europe in November, you should get one of those'. (matching Basicbob abover). I hope I have one of the facelift/upgrades, particularly the power trunk.

I ordered directly with Tesla on Friday 16th October and received a text message this morning saying I have a car assigned to me :) Delivery date on the Tesla website is still blank and I’ve tried looking at the source code but can’t find a VIN :(

Hopefully it will be in the November batch. It’s a shame about no heated steering wheel though, but not a big enough thing for me to hold out any longer, fingers crossed it’s there and just needs a software update to enable it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.