Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So regarding the new auto nav based on AI or calendar or whatever so that's a good step in the right direction but how about the option to additionally assure the charge state and climate control is on point for the trip as well. if it sees i have a doc appt 5 miles away and it's cold out i would love to see a warm car fully charged and waiting without having to program it.

I'm not sure about the need of the auto nav. Usually, I know how to get to work or back home. It might come in handy if you are in a rush and the nav would have the feature as good as Waze to avoid traffic but then it doesn't take a lot of effort to put the information into Nav, in particular if all you need is to slide down the nav box.

In regards to pre heating or cooling I have learned to do that through the app if necessary, I don't need the car to make the decision for me.

I'm not sure about the need of the auto nav. Usually, I know how to get to work or back home. It might come in handy if you are in a rush and the nav would have the feature as good as Waze to avoid traffic but then it doesn't take a lot of effort to put the information into Nav, in particular if all you need is to slide down the nav box.

In regards to pre heating or cooling I have learned to do that through the app if necessary, I don't need the car to make the decision for me.
At my old job, I would've never needed it as I only had bad traffic a couple times in 8 years. At my current job, I would use it every day as my commute involves a major highway expansion and traffic can be horrible. Some weeks, I take a different way to work each day and yet a different way home. Today it routed my to a new section of the highway that just opened and even with getting stuck at a light, it was much faster than the alternate route that I've frequently taken over the past year.

I agree about the climate conditioning. I do NOT want that as I only need to condition my car as few mornings per year. Hopefully they will be it programmable by day and we can disable all days.

Reactions: croman
At my old job, I would've never needed it as I only had bad traffic a couple times in 8 years. At my current job, I would use it every day as my commute involves a major highway expansion and traffic can be horrible. Some weeks, I take a different way to work each day and yet a different way home. Today it routed my to a new section of the highway that just opened and even with getting stuck at a light, it was much faster than the alternate route that I've frequently taken over the past year.

I agree about the climate conditioning. I do NOT want that as I only need to condition my car as few mornings per year. Hopefully they will be it programmable by day and we can disable all days.

My experience here in the Dallas area is that in the afternoon commute is that the navigation system sometimes recommends to get off the highway just to get on the highway a couple of ramps later. From the time estimate it seems that I would save a minute or two but on the other hand since we have toll roads I would pay a dollar or two more on the commute. I wish that the system would include this in a setting or learn from my behavior that I don't follow the direction in this particular case. Maybe I am also different as I don't care if I arrive a minute or 5 earlier at work in the morning.

I couple of things I really like about the new software is for once the one pedal driving (I mentioned that in a post before) and the charge settings based on me leaving the house because I usually try to charge to the point when I leave which in winter with a warmed up battery is really nice. I hope with this setting now that preconditioning is more on point.

Reactions: arghx7
It does appear that they removed the increased 170kw/hcharging speed of the SR as the release notes notes seem to suggest. I was at 23% this morning and it never went above 98 kw/h.

It's coming back in 2019.40.x, along with more assertive lane changes and the Deep Rain neural net which might finally make the wipers work almost as well as every other car on the market :)

My experience here in the Dallas area is that in the afternoon commute is that the navigation system sometimes recommends to get off the highway just to get on the highway a couple of ramps later. From the time estimate it seems that I would save a minute or two but on the other hand since we have toll roads I would pay a dollar or two more on the commute. I wish that the system would include this in a setting or learn from my behavior that I don't follow the direction in this particular case. Maybe I am also different as I don't care if I arrive a minute or 5 earlier at work in the morning.

I am sure you know this, but in case some other readers do not -- there is a setting in which you can adjust the sensitivity of the navigation system to making route adjustment. You can set it so that it won't make changes unless it will save you X minutes, and X can be 5 minutes or 10 or anything you want (I think it is a continuous variable but it might be in 5-minute increments...I have mine set for 5 minutes.) Using this setting can avoid the kind of minor adjustments that you are describing. The instructions are under "Online Routing" in the Owner's Manual.

Just installed 36.2.1 tonight for a 8/16 X AP1 P90DL. A few observations as I only received two updates:

- scheduled departure
- automatic navigation

Was really wishing for the one pedal since everyone here is raving about it. Maybe next release...and maybe the added boost in Luda mode

Autopilot and TACC have been able to stop the car for years so it is theoretically possible they could use the brakes to enable a modified version of one pedal driving on older cars.

I would rather they not. I like being able to know that I'm definitely not using the brakes when I don't use the brakes. In other words sometimes I want as much regen as I can get without any braking. If they put in some kind of smooth automatic transition between regen and braking they're taking that out of my control.

I would rather they not. I like being able to know that I'm definitely not using the brakes when I don't use the brakes. In other words sometimes I want as much regen as I can get without any braking. If they put in some kind of smooth automatic transition between regen and braking they're taking that out of my control.
They are already doing that. This is exactly what the model 3 does when Regen is limited.