Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.2.1 now available in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just getting a long Navigation Data download - EU 2019.20 - 10482. Its been downloading sometime. Never noticed this type of download before. Perhaps I was way out of date. Still on version 2019.36.2.4 (fc422c3) OS
I think that you are on the latest version of maps. Revised maps seem to come out much less frequently than software - one or two updates per annum.

Reactions: Keeper
Add another to the list ;)

updating.png

Mine updated on Saturday (3LR FSD). I haven't yet had a chance to try NoA, but plenty of chance to try the auto wipers, which are significantly improved.

I've also found a huge improvement in the wipers. Navigate on autopilot does seem alot more stable. On ramps still hit and miss.

The lane changes are faster, but in Europe we still have the three second delay before it initiates on both motorways and dual carriageways, which nullifies alot of the potential improvements!

I've also found a huge improvement in the wipers. Navigate on autopilot does seem alot more stable. On ramps still hit and miss.

The lane changes are faster, but in Europe we still have the three second delay before it initiates on both motorways and dual carriageways, which nullifies alot of the potential improvements!

1000+ installed 2019.40.2.1 today on TeslaFi so that looks like a mass roll-out. Mine is available to download but not done it yet.

I look forward to wiper improvements, mine certainly aren't as good as they should be.

On lane change, if it isn't faster to initiate, does it at least give the manoeuvre more time so as to reduce the aborts?

My wipers experience, since the update, is that they are vastly improved compared to before. Had a few differing scenarios in the rain this morning and all were dealt with. It’s just amazing to me that functions like this plus others relating to performance can be improved (for free) over the course of ownership of the car without the car having to leave my driveway. It’s a nice feeling being part of and contributing to this technological adventure. :cool:

My wipers experience, since the update, is that they are vastly improved compared to before. Had a few differing scenarios in the rain this morning and all were dealt with. It’s just amazing to me that functions like this plus others relating to performance can be improved (for free) over the course of ownership of the car without the car having to leave my driveway. It’s a nice feeling being part of and contributing to this technological adventure. :cool:

I got the update this morning and drove into Bristol and back. Huge improvement on the wipers. I'd given up on them and stayed on manual before this.

Whilst the improvement is huge, my last three cars all had auto wipers that were just as good as this improved performance, and they had a sensitivity control on the stalk so if it wasn't quite right for the conditions you could adjust it easily. Tesla's first attempt was dire.

I got the update today also and have tried it for an hour or so. On lane change, it does seem to be more confident and also happy to wait a moment until the lane is clear. Still a bit "nervy teenager" of course, and the manoeuvre is not executed quickly as such, but much better than it was. Tendency to abort appears significantly reduced. It was actually useful in moderately heavy traffic, where I had previously pretty much given up on it. I think I agree that AP is overall smoother too but it's a bit early to be sure.

I noticed also that you now get more precise info as to what is limiting blindspot visibility in the wet. Merest sniff of rain still affects it but mine now specifically says the "front left fender camera is blocked or blinded" and prevents a lane change to the left but not to the right, where before it just said something generic about blindspot visibility limited. So it lends further weight to my hunch that my car has a problem with that specific camera. Stop to clean the camera and it appears clean as a whistle already and reverts tot the same warning almost immediately.

Hmm.. is that better than G5? I found G5 tends to create a haze on the glass that makes visibility worse at night.
I can’t really say as I’ve never tried the G5. Certainly no haze with the G1. It takes a day or three using the wipers before it is fully effective, but I just drove 15 miles in the rain and the wipers were hardly needed.

I cleaned the windscreen with Autoglym Glass Polish, then wiped over with IPA, then applied two coats of G1.

I
I assume there is still an off switch?
I'm happy to turn them on and off when its not actually raining. I just want them to work better when it is.
Does seem a it odd though. is the sensor dirty?
It seems to have settled down a little now and is much better than before, it just went mad in clear blue skies this morning. Fingers crossed.

The other improvements are also good; Lane changing is much improved, nice to know about what is upsetting blind spot detection with a little more detail.

That's interesting. I hadn't considered the possibility of there being variations between cars. I thought they were all likely to be very similar in their poor auto wiper function.
I think it's more about a variation in the driving locations and times to be fair.

I live in Ramsbottom. Possibly the wettest place that's near civilisation in the UK with all that convection rain off the Pennines etc. It's always raining here! But dodging around locally for a few weeks since delivery, with a few short motorway sprints, I'd say they were fine if a little cautious but certainly not dangerous. I'd have said as much in here if asked. They seemed fine.

Then yesterday, I did a run to Leeds and on the way back I got a combination of Storm Atiya and speed-limited heavy traffic in the dark as the limit was reduced to 40MPH over the Pennines back. This is where it became totally obvious that there was was probably twice as much rain as would trigger full (if not double speed) wiper action but it still hicked and intermittently wiped. Felt uncomfortable with the while thing and quickly poked them into manual. It switched me from a casual 'a wiper update would be interesting' to a vocal 'yes.... fix them.... fix them now!'.

Reactions: Roy W.