Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5.6: Traffic Light & Stop Sign Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow...you reached personal insults very quickly this time.

Not at all.

I pointing out that ignorance- a term you originally brought up, not me- applied specifically to your ignorance of the fact that there are people with EAP access who never signed an NDA.

Someone being ignorant of a fact is not an insult- the world literally means you were not aware of a specific piece of knowledge or information. Which you were.

I guess you were ignorant of what ignorance is? Ironic!

Some people have NDA's and some don't - on the same product?

What is Tesla doing?

Well- in general- yes that does sometimes happen... and if something under NDA is shared to someone NOT under NDA, they're obviously not bound by the NDA.

Also it's possible to add yourself to the EAP program without involving Tesla at all (though probably not for most people)

Just ask Green who did exactly that and has been reporting on 15.6 light/sign behavior recently.

I wonder if you need 3.0 for this

For the stoplight/stopsign actions? Of course- it's an FSD specific feature, all new ones of which will require HW3

Reactions: MarcG
Its not a signed NDA.

1. Everyone who got the software was told not to discuss the features as part of them being a part of the Early Access Program.

Its that simple.

If it's not a signed NDA then it's not an NDA at all.

Again contracts require both parties to explicitly agree and for there to be mutual consideration.

I can't just email you and say 'If you read this you owe me a million dollars'

I feel like you've already been told this before. Like, literally told exactly this- so I'm not sure where you're confused abotu it.

There would be no knowledge about a camera icon if an EAP'r didn't violate the Early Access Agreement.

Sure there would since as others have noted that feature has gone to some non NDA folks in the past

Can Tesla at this point say that the Early Access Program works? Can they say that they trust it?

Since the primary goal is real world software feedback from a small pool of owners, not secret-keeping, it seems to be working fine.

Folks have been ignoring the NDAs (those that even DID actually agree to em) for years and Tesla AFAIK has sued exactly zero of them so again you seem far more worked up about this than Tesla does.

Reactions: outdoors and MarcG

It’s not Canada-focused. It’s rolling out all over the place. Brings Y to the same branch as the rest of the fleet, includes fix for an issue with Bluetooth disconnect/reconnect cycle. Release notes are the same as previous versions.

Can't wait till you do. This thread has been polluted enough about NDA stuff.

Personal insults?

Constant trolling?

What brings me joy is this: Rear Bumper Reflectors, Rear Bumper Reflectors

I will always stand for what I believe is right. No diamond exists without constant pressure at some point.

I'm way to old and have gone through way too much to be influenced otherwise.

Last edited:
Personal insults?

Constant trolling?
I mean, they have a point. You pretty much single-handedly made this thread completely useless to anyone who wants to learn about 2020.12.5.6. Instead of reading about the update, anyone who comes here has to read about your personal opinions on early access, NDAs, and who knows what else.

I mean, they have a point. You pretty much single-handedly made this thread completely useless to anyone who wants to learn about 2020.12.5.6. Instead of reading about the update, anyone who comes here has to read about your personal opinions on early access, NDAs, and who knows what else.

Im very Sorry you feel that way.

Are you saying that my stance on NDA is wrong? Just wondering.

Sorry you feel that way.

Are you saying that my stance on NDA is wrong? Just wondering.
I have no interest in discussing NDAs with you; based on what I’ve read in this thread so far, that would be a fool’s errand. As they say, you can’t fill a cup that’s already full. I’m just cautiously hoping that, since everybody and their uncle now know your opinion on the matter, you’ll be a little more considerate when picking places to share it.

Reactions: MarcG and Enginerd
I have no interest in discussing NDAs with you; based on what I’ve read in this thread so far, that would be a fool’s errand. As they say, you can’t fill a cup that’s already full. I’m just cautiously hoping that, since everybody and their uncle now know your opinion on the matter, you’ll be a little more considerate when picking places to share it.

I was thinking that an open forum in a thread that could violate NDA's if discussed is a perfect place.

Its my hope that younger folks would become more aware and/or serious about following the rules no matter if you have the opportunity to break them or not.
Hopefully there are some younger folks who have been influenced to stand for what is right when they have the full chance to break the rules without penalty.

Hopefully they saw that you don't have to call people names, curse people out, or get belligerent or anything of the kind to stand for what you believe in a strong way. -- (character).
In these days and times...unfortunately - that's a strange behavior with a strange objective.

Last edited: