Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5 Rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t recall it happening pre 2020.12.5 but then I haven’t been far.
I pulled onto my rural 60mph road with limit correctly showing. Put the car in cruise at 60 mph and promptly got a warning triangle showing 50mph just below the on screen car. It gave up after a while.
Anyone had similar?
I feel like this was reported in 2020.8 or earlier and was related to weather conditions...

I got the 2020.15 update showing up as downloaded a late last week but didn't install straight away as was busy.
Went to I stall it today and it's gone. Has rollout been paused do you think, or about to be superseded?
I'm M3P FSD on 2020.8.3

Same here. Update alert this morning via the app. Checked the app and it was ready to install. Decided to leave it for an hour or so while I checked this thread for feedback. Went back to install around midday and the update has disappeared. Did they pull it?

I was being offered this update on Tuesday, I'm currently on 2020.8.3.
I wasn't in any rush to install before i checked the forum to see if it had any major issues. Having checked on here I went to install and its gone. Car is on my drive with good Wifi but is now saying software up to date.
Is this common for updates to come and go or has it been pulled for some reason?

Reactions: pharwood
Curious ... but give it a couple of days. It doesn't appear to have been pulled. 2020.12.5 is the first time we've had 80% of cars on the same version for quite some time so this suggests Tesla has a good degree of confidence in it (famous last words!)
thx. I'm not really that desperate for it I just thought it odd. I am more than happy to let you guys Beta test stuff for me before I install it. Sooner or later I am expecting Tesla to majorly F-up and brick some cars and I have no desire to be at the head of that queue. Having an M3 is cutting edge enough for me I don't need to be on the bleeding edge.
But you guys are doing a great job and I really appreciate it :D

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB
Well, Tesla have been pushing software updates for many years now and seem to be able to do it without major brickings! I expect it was due to Sentry viewer being a bit buggy but we will see if 12.5.1 arrives over the next 48 hours or so.

Well, Tesla have been pushing software updates for many years now and seem to be able to do it without major brickings! I expect it was due to Sentry viewer being a bit buggy but we will see if 12.5.1 arrives over the next 48 hours or so.
Sure but the level of bugs that they do let through indicates to me that they are doing minimal testing and relying on the first users to do most of the testing for them. That's why they roll out the updates so gradually. Each to their own but i'll take a pass.

Reactions: Interloper
Looks like it also works in both AP and TACC! Nice :)

That doesn't mean that it doesn't need to have FSD to do so.

upload_2020-4-16_15-18-51.png

12.5.6 confirmed as early access US stop sign and traffic light control:

2020.12.5.6 Release Notes

Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta)
When Traffic-Aware Cruise Control or Autosteer is activated, Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control is designed to identify stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slow your car to a stop. When Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control is enabled, the driving visualization displays upcoming traffic lights, stop signs or road markings at intersections. As your car approaches an intersection, even one where a traffic light is green or off, your car will slow down and stop at the red line indicated. To continue through the stop line, push down the gear selector or briefly press the accelerator pedal to confirm that it is safe to proceed. As with all Autopilot features, you must continue to pay attention and be ready to take immediate action, including braking because this feature may not stop for all traffic controls.

To enable, shift your car into PARK and tap Controls > Autopilot > Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control (Beta).

Note: Before this feature can be enabled, camera calibration may be required, and the latest version of Navigation maps must be downloaded via Wi-Fi. Please refer to the Owner's Manual for additional details about this feature.

This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes.

Sure but the level of bugs that they do let through indicates to me that they are doing minimal testing and relying on the first users to do most of the testing for them. That's why they roll out the updates so gradually. Each to their own but i'll take a pass.

your in control to be a 'beta tester' or not

You can choose how quickly and often you receive software updates. To change your preference, navigate to Controls > Software > Software Update Preferences and choose either of these options:

• STANDARD: Receive software updates using the normal rollout timeframe for your region and vehicle configuration. When a software release is made available it has generally been running on other customer vehicles for a period of time.

• ADVANCED: Receive the latest software updates for your region and vehicle configuration as soon as they are available. Tesla determines how, when, and where to send updates to vehicles based on various factors unique to each release. Keep in mind that although you receive updates as soon as they are available for your specific vehicle, you may not be in the first Tesla group of Tesla owners to receive the update. Choosing Advanced does not enroll your vehicle in Tesla's early access program.