Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5 Rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
your in control to be a 'beta tester' or not

You can choose how quickly and often you receive software updates. To change your preference, navigate to Controls > Software > Software Update Preferences and choose either of these options:

• STANDARD: Receive software updates using the normal rollout timeframe for your region and vehicle configuration. When a software release is made available it has generally been running on other customer vehicles for a period of time.

• ADVANCED: Receive the latest software updates for your region and vehicle configuration as soon as they are available. Tesla determines how, when, and where to send updates to vehicles based on various factors unique to each release. Keep in mind that although you receive updates as soon as they are available for your specific vehicle, you may not be in the first Tesla group of Tesla owners to receive the update. Choosing Advanced does not enroll your vehicle in Tesla's early access program.

Exactly. That's how I take my aforementioned pass. I am on standard and was still being prompted to take 2020.12.5 so one assumes that Advanced users have all had it and no ones car has exploded so the update would then go to the wimps like me. Which is why I am a little surprised that I was prompted to take it and it now seems to have been pulled for some reason......

• Love
Reactions: Cnixon
I got this update a week ago. Autopilot is now horrendous! Phantom braking is back with a vengeance. So much so I am now not confident to use it. Roll on the next update.

I do love the sentry viewer though so that’s a positive. Don’t understand why dashcam only now shows really old footage though.

I got this update a week ago. Autopilot is now horrendous! Phantom braking is back with a vengeance. So much so I am now not confident to use it. Roll on the next update.

I do love the sentry viewer though so that’s a positive. Don’t understand why dashcam only now shows really old footage though.
it will only show saved footage i.e. saved via tapping the screen icon or the horn if enabled

I wish I knew how they choose which cars to roll out which version to! I’ve no FSD and I’ve had 2020.12 for a week :oops:

It was pretty consistent that I would get the big releases within 1-2 days of them showing up for my car in the UK on TeslaFi. That changed with 2020.8.X though as that took two weeks and, as I mentioned above, still hasn’t happened for 2020.12.X. Drives me a bit nutty too. I would just like something more than the black box “you’ll get it when you get it” answer.

Reactions: Jez_GB
Reported this morning. Time will tell if it is Model Y specific - so far it is but tiny sample

Software version 2020.12.11 d46c0c295 was just detected on a Tesla Model Y Long Range Dual Motor in Illinois United States. The highest previous version was 2020.12.10 e0ccfda3d. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
A decent enough sample set to be valid. We are happy to stick on 2020.8.3. It soon got tiresome chasing the so called latest and greatest, especially as now I don't have opportunity to give each update a quick test - and before anyone says 'why', I've found issues during the test runs before that I have needed to address.

upload_2020-4-27_10-19-31.png

A decent enough sample set to be valid. We are happy to stick on 2020.8.3. It soon got tiresome chasing the so called latest and greatest, especially as now I don't have opportunity to give each update a quick test - and before anyone says 'why', I've found issues during the test runs before that I have needed to address.

View attachment 536310
Thanks VanillaAir, that's useful to know. As you say, not much reason to rush it anyway as I can't use the car!!