Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5 Rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is constantly recording but only for 10 mins at a time which is then over written in a constant loop.

60 minutes for dashcam, 10 for sentry I believe. Certainly how it use to work. You use to be able to 'salvage' up to the last 60 or so minutes of the last drive without saving anything.

The save option and now the honk option if enabled, puts the last 10 minutes in a safe place (saved clips?) so it should not get immediately overwritten. The exact folder structure seems to change from time to time though so this info is correct as of late December.

Installed the new update, but having issues with the new dash cam viewer. It looks like it is recording fine with the red dot when you start to drive but when I go into the viewer after the drive it does not show the drive I have just done. It shows the older drives before this update fine and strangely if I tap to save a clip it shows the last ten minutes fine. I have taken out the memory stick and it is showing the last drive video on my pc but the viewer is not reading it, any ideas? Do you need to reformat the memory stick?

Installed the new update, but having issues with the new dash cam viewer. It looks like it is recording fine with the red dot when you start to drive but when I go into the viewer after the drive it does not show the drive I have just done. It shows the older drives before this update fine and strangely if I tap to save a clip it shows the last ten minutes fine. I have taken out the memory stick and it is showing the last drive video on my pc but the viewer is not reading it, any ideas? Do you need to reformat the memory stick?
I think the viewer only shows 'saved' clips although you may be on to something with a reformat

I have noticed the same behaviour, does not show dashcam footage eventhough it is on the disk.
Release notes don't give any clue, do don't know if its by design or a bug.

I installed the update via the app and noticed I got an error saying "Software Update has failed", also got an error trying to turn sentry mode on via the app "Sentry mode has turned off due to a sentry system error". However the car does show that the software is 2020.12.5. I've just traveled into work and the car is telling me to schedule service, most functionality not working like regenerative braking, auto steer. I've just done a full reboot but didn't change anything. Is it really a scheduled service job?

I installed the update via the app and noticed I got an error saying "Software Update has failed", also got an error trying to turn sentry mode on via the app "Sentry mode has turned off due to a sentry system error". However the car does show that the software is 2020.12.5. I've just traveled into work and the car is telling me to schedule service, most functionality not working like regenerative braking, auto steer. I've just done a full reboot but didn't change anything. Is it really a scheduled service job?
Yes, I think you need to book service, but they will probably be able to sort it out remotely if it’s just software that’s causing the problem. Fingers crossed.

A reminder that a software update is not entirely risk free. Problems can and as seen here, do happen.

We had a problem a couple of releases back which took a day or so to resolve. Not as bad as this one above as the issue was with a cyclically stuck 100% download, or four, but it highlighted that the process isn't 100% reliable.