Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.5 Rolling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reported a few hours ago. 2020.12.11 was reported on Model Y only, but 11.1 worth watching as, currently only install, has been reported on Model 3. However, no installs seen outside US since 2020.12.5 so that may be where UK is at. May even see 2010.16.x start rolling in limited quantity in next week as 2020.12 has been out for over a month now.

Software version 2020.12.11.1 81280b8 was just detected on a Tesla Model 3 Mid Range in Georgia United States. The highest previous version was 2020.12.11 d46c0c295. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com.

Depends on what is in it. People are saying how long their car is taking to wake up with current version and it may sort that which may be important for some. For cars with older car configurations, it may roll out some new functionality that others have had for a while. Lots of subtleties not included in release notes. Whether 2020.12.11.1 is a better 2020.12.5 will be down to where it is rolled out - if Tesla think it is, then they will roll a release more widespread. Difficult to tell with 2020.12.11.1, there has still only been the one car reporting it, but worth a heads up imho.

The two gateposts at the start of the track to my home are both Traffic cones according to 2020.12.5
Despite The entrance being a bit tight, the car doesn’t hit the brakes. That’s reserved for the scary gravel on the track :)

Am I alone in not receiving the update to 2020.12.5?

I am still on 2020.8.3.

Received an alert via the iPhone app on 15th April for the update to 2020.12.5, but it disappeared later that day.

Waiting right there with you. The last two big releases I’ve gone weeks after release before getting them. Used to get them a few days after they went out. Oh well!

• Informative
Reactions: pharwood
Found this in another thread:

Found this post on Tesla Forums from a couple days ago. Tesla service confirmed he was rolled back to 8.3 due to issues with 12.5 and 8.3 is the latest available for his build (see text message quote below from service). Still not clear which combination of factors are leading to some M3s being held on 8.3 but this clearly isn't just regular upgrade cycles taking time to get around to everyone.

FULL POST:

Software 2020.12.5 failed and now not available
Submitted by funkiegh on April 30, 2020
My 2020 model M3 AWD LR received in March with 2019 FW was upgraded to 2020.8.3 on 1st April; so far so amazing!.. However on 15th April a friend told me he'd just received 2020.12.5 with the new dashcam viewer - identical car (except for the colour) and delivered on the same day as mine. So I waited patiently for my turn - keen to get the on-board Dashcam / Sentry viewer,.. and waited for a week before contacting the UK support line. When I did, they told me it had been pushed out to me on 15th April but had failed, although I'd had no indication of the attempt or the failure. When I asked them to try again I was told the latest version available to me was 8.3 which I already have - so they told me to raise a service request, which I duly did. The next day I received a text message on my phone:

"Hi Mike your Model 3 is on the latest update we can deploy. There have been some issues with 2020.12.5 hence the rollback. Please wait until this update becomes available shortly. Please note we will not update firmware at customer request we will only push firmware if there has been an issue with a previous install or it is required to fix a issue with the car. We will cancel your appointment thank you."

Does anyone understand the reason for this or had a similar experience? As far as I can tell (Teslafi & Stats app) a vast majority of the fleet (>50%) has 12.5 with 12.6 a close second.. 8.3 is around 8%. Any advice?

Still on 2012.12.5.
Interesting dilemma for the car. Two full sets of traffic lights for straight on and right turn but only one on the screen
I was waiting for the right turn and the one on screen turned green. It was of course For the straight on lane!

TeslaFi reported 2020.12.11.5 this morning. Just the one car so far. Interesting, 2020.12.11.2 only rolled out to European cars - not sure if any significance in that.

Software version 2020.12.11.5 98c8a34 was just detected on a Tesla Model 3 Mid Range in Georgia United States. The highest previous version was 2020.12.11.2 3ec2d07.

Last edited: