Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got another SMS:
--
bla bla, COVID, bla bla, reduced working, bla bla remote diagnosis can take a few days, bla bla.
--
I SMSed back: "re-stage the f****ng update".

SC re-staged version 2020.12.5, I removed all USB devices from their plugs and re-installed it.
Half an hour later update was completed, I re-inserted the USD pendrive, had a quick flash of the LED on pendrive, and after that nothing else.
The car still doesn't see the USB pendrive.
Tell them that it is the update itself that is causing the problem.

Just because it hasn't been posted yet, here's the pages for 2020.12.5 for an MCU1/AP2 car.

IMG_0324.jpg

Also, here's what an out of order supercharger stall looks like on the screen.

IMG_0325.jpg

Huskyf - just wanted to double check, but with MCU1 & AP2.5, you are seeing cones on the IC & you've got the new dashcam viewer?
I have 2020.12.5 on my 2017 Model S with MCU1 & AP2.5 and don't have either (cones or the dashcam viewer).
Thanks!

I thought someone said that the Dashcam/Sentry Mode viewer is only for MCU2 owners and the Cone Visualization is only for those who have FSD Software pre-purchased.

If those are true, you would consider the Infotainment Upgrade to get both.
Infotainment Upgrade

• Disagree
Reactions: puhiniho
I thought someone said that the Dashcam/Sentry Mode viewer is only for MCU2 owners and the Cone Visualization is only for those who have FSD Software pre-purchased.

If those are true, you would consider the Infotainment Upgrade to get both.
Infotainment Upgrade

Thanks zanary.
That's why I was asking Huskyf if I read his post correctly. He's the first I read that had MCU1 & the dashcam viewer, along with cones on HW2.5.
I do have FSD pre-purchased/paid for, but I don't have HW3 installed (yet).
I am thinking about purchasing the Infotainment Upgrade. Just trying to get my facts straight.

Just because it hasn't been posted yet, here's the pages for 2020.12.5 for an MCU1/AP2 car.

View attachment 530403

Also, here's what an out of order supercharger stall looks like on the screen.

View attachment 530404

This is confusing and useless information.

Why not just remove the broken stall from the count entirely. Does 8 stalls available + 1 broken mean there are actually 7 stalls available?

Reactions: f205v
Thanks zanary.
That's why I was asking Huskyf if I read his post correctly. He's the first I read that had MCU1 & the dashcam viewer, along with cones on HW2.5.
I do have FSD pre-purchased/paid for, but I don't have HW3 installed (yet).
I am thinking about purchasing the Infotainment Upgrade. Just trying to get my facts straight.
Probably just nonsense. I updated my Model S, MCU1, AP2.5 to 2020.12.5 and have no cones and no dash cam viewer. MCU1 means lots of things missing.

My Model 3, also now on 12.5 has cones, dash viewer, and lots of other stuff.

• Informative
Reactions: TK16688
eg. I was in a public parking lot and sentry recorded 10'30" leading up to a car that pulled in right beside my Tesla. The driver was just getting out when the sentry stopped recording at 10'49"

Just FYI - I noticed the exact same thing today when trying out the viewer. I saw a Sentry alert when I got back to my car from a store and when I reviewed the video, I saw it captured my entire drive to the store (all 10+ minutes of it) but ended around the 10:30 mark.

Why not just remove the broken stall from the count entirely. Does 8 stalls available + 1 broken mean there are actually 7 stalls available?
If it states 8 available, then there are 8 working stalls available to customers. 12 is the # of stalls on site.
The failing one will be one of the other 3.

Pretty clear to me. KISS principle

Just FYI - I noticed the exact same thing today when trying out the viewer. I saw a Sentry alert when I got back to my car from a store and when I reviewed the video, I saw it captured my entire drive to the store (all 10+ minutes of it) but ended around the 10:30 mark.

Thanks for confirming. I plan to check out the files that were recorded later today on a computer to see if the issue is the Tesla player or the sentry recordings. On a computer, this was not a problem with 2020.8.2.

Update-
I just checked the files recorded on the SSD using a windows 10 computer and it did record the final 30 seconds showing the full view of the person near my car. But the Player doesn't play that part. I was able to select the right camera on a computer in windows 10 and play that clip. So it appears that the new Tesla Player just doesn't play the final 46 seconds of what is recorded.

Ideally, the Tesla player and recorder should just save clips a few seconds before the motion event and a few seconds after the motion ends. The way it saves files now, we don't need 10 minutes of nothing happening as that just wastes space on the drive.

I'm new to Tesla so I'm not sure how to report this bug in 2020,12.5. This is only one of the bugs now discovered but I hope they fix it for the next release. Hopefully, someone from Tesla is reading this thread.

Last edited:
Got another SMS:
--
bla bla, COVID, bla bla, reduced working, bla bla remote diagnosis can take a few days, bla bla.
--

SC re-staged version 2020.12.5, I removed all USB devices from their plugs and re-installed it.
Half an hour later update was completed, I re-inserted the USD pendrive, had a quick flash of the LED on pendrive, and after that nothing else.
The car still doesn't see the USB pendrive.
In the UK, it would appear that Navigate on Autopilot has also been disabled for MCU1/AP2

Reactions: f205v
So it doesn't work at all? I assume with 2020.12.5 with MCU 1 you would get the 'old' behavior... I've not seen this mentioned one way or the other (who knows what may have been broken).
Good assumption as I seen no change in behavior with my USB FLASH on one of my cars early 2017 X. Still works fine. Seems like it works for some people but not others.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Got another SMS:
--
--

Ouch!. I guess I am pleased to see that Tesla ignored the vulgarity. I used to tell my employees that when a call or email comes in with vulgarity, then put them on the back burner. :oops:

Reactions: henderrj

Wasn't that confusing to me. I read it to mean that there are 8 stalls available,1 broken and 3 in use (totaling the 12 at that location) but maybe I'm making an assumption that shouldn't be made.

Ouch!. I guess I am pleased to see that Tesla ignored the vulgarity. I used to tell my employees that when a call or email comes in with vulgarity, then put them on the back burner. :oops:
Actually, I did NOT use any vulgarity at all! I just wrote here on the forum a "short summary" of a long conversation.
On the contrary, I usually find Tesla's support people here in Switzerland to be extremely nice and co-operative, they are usually always the same people, they now know me and call me with my name, and I call them with theirs. Do not worry, I'm personally much more enjoyable and polite that I appear in the mirror of the forum. :rolleyes: