Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to say, I am not sure if it is this version or a prior recent version, BUT on my trip to the doctor yesterday on the winding, sharp curves, up and down hill route at varies speed limits, my car performed in a superior way that I didn't experience just 3 months ago. That road and route was a previous disaster to when I could not use AP. Yet to say I have had 3 updates in the last 3 months since going there, so not sure which one (or combined) has made the improvement. I was surprised to see it slow down to just the proper speed for the sharp curves and stay perfectly in the lane. It speed up when the speed limit allowed it, and slowed down when the speed limit changed again. I was amazed at the improvement. If you haven't seen this yet, then I'm hoping you will. Again, not sure if it is this firmware update or not, but first time I noticed the improvement.

Last edited:
Nothing major for AP2 and MCU1. Release notes are only minor improvements and bug fixes. Shrug.

That being said, hopefully the Spartan notes hide improvement to AP like @Silicon Desert alluded to.
I hope so. I'm guessing that my AP improvements came in .16.1 as Toto mentioned. And since it is still doing great, then those improvements seem to be in .20 as well.

Oh and one other thing I forgot to mention, on my older 2016 MX (mcu1, ap2), I was surprised to see that went I went through a yellow light (plenty of time to do it safely), I got the "red hands of death" alert to take over control and as I looked down at the center display, I actually saw a yellow traffic light icon on the DASH display. I didn't think that would happen on the mcu1, but guess I was wrong. It was interesting. I giggled the steering wheel and it kept going without coming out of AP.

Oh and one other thing I forgot to mention, on my older 2016 MX (mcu1, ap2), I was surprised to see that went I went through a yellow light (plenty of time to do it safely), I got the "red hands of death" alert to take over control and as I looked down at the center display, I actually saw a yellow traffic light icon on the DASH display. I didn't think that would happen on the mcu1, but guess I was wrong. It was interesting. I giggled the steering wheel and it kept going without coming out of AP.

Yup seen that for a while but they recently beefed up the UI and most importantly the distance and tolerance for the warning. It only used to come up after you entered the intersection. Noticing and displaying yellow is good news for fsd on MCU1.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert